The Big Relegation Thread

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Shouldn't this be posted in the "Things You Made Up Thread"? 

We've won 14 of our last 18 games against non-OF Premiership teams and only lost once in that time, so he's not far off.

3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

We've won 14 of our last 18 games against non-OF Premiership teams and only lost once in that time, so he's not far off.

So not week in, week out then.  

16 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

That’s some run of fixtures Ross County have before the split. 

Yeah.  Were nailed on certainties for the playoffs unless we massively outperform expectations in these few games.  

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah.  Were nailed on certainties for the playoffs unless we massively outperform expectations in these few games.  

Ours isn’t the greatest either so I don’t think you’ll be too far away, if at all, come the split. 

I think if youre over 30pts by the split then its hard to finish in the bottom 2, 30pts or less and youre needing to win more than you lose which is tough.

Teams above you all playing each other and beating each other is a negative unless youre winning every game.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's a big assumption that Aberdeen have the easiest fixtures.

At the moment with Warnock they don't look like they could beat anyone.

The two of these can co-exist though.

Livi blew their chance today.

Second bottom looks like a 3-way fight between St Johnstone, County and Aberdeen.

Next set of matches:

image.png.df75e29ce206c0c91af2acf823cf49ec.png

It could get really interesting if there are 2 home wins in those 2 midweek games.

At the moment I can see us losing to Ross county at home. Which is the big one as we’ll then be due back at Dingwall after the split. 
Can we beat livi away? Probably not having struggled there recently.

i’ve booked the playoff dates in my diary

Aye its looking a 3 way battle now.

Screenshot_20240302_184124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1fa419efb261db73cc214a9edfc22e70.jpg

36pts my cut off and the top 3 here all 99% to hit that now, probably even before the split.

Livingston need to win about 4 from 9 games now, while hoping County cant do anything.

If County dont win that game in hand then theyre starting to look a bit adrift too. Aberdeen/St Johnstone struggling but maybe only need 2 more wins and a draw or two to be safe.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye its looking a 3 way battle now.

Screenshot_20240302_184124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1fa419efb261db73cc214a9edfc22e70.jpg

36pts my cut off and the top 3 here all 99% to hit that now, probably even before the split.

Livingston need to win about 4 from 9 games now, while hoping County cant do anything.

If County dont win that game in hand then theyre starting to look a bit adrift too. Aberdeen/St Johnstone struggling but maybe only need 2 more wins and a draw or two to be safe.

Hibs were apparently quite comfortable today - bar a Brophy sitter.

I think Hibs will win again on the Wednesday night.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we give Warnock his first win - it's the Dundee way.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

15 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Hibs were apparently quite comfortable today - bar a Brophy sitter.

I think Hibs will win again on the Wednesday night.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we give Warnock his first win - it's the Dundee way.

Yeah Hibs are safe i think, even if they finish bottom half. Guess their issue is County have a few weeks to work on things and Montgomery doesnt seem the type to change whats working.

Run to the split makes it rough for some.

Theres every chance that Livingston and Countys remaining fixtures f**k them and leave too much to do after the split. A real chance neither get much more than a point.

Hibs (34) - County (a), Livingston (h), Rangers (a), St Johnstone (h), Motherwell (a)

Dundee (33) - Aberdeen (h), Rangers (h), St Johnstone (a), Motherwell (h), Aberdeen (a)

Motherwell (32) - Aberdeen (h), St Mirren (h), Dundee (a), Hibs (h)

St Johnstone (28) - Celtic (a), Dundee (h), Hibernian (a), Kilmarnock (h)

Aberdeen (27) - Dundee (a), Motherwell (a), County (h), Livingston (a), Dundee (h)

County (23) - Hibs (h), Hearts (h), Aberdeen (a), Kilmarnock (a), Rangers (h)

Livingston (17) - Hibs (a), Celtic (h), Aberdeen (h), Hearts (a)

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Hibs are safe i think, even if they finish bottom half. Guess their issue is County have a few weeks to work on things and Montgomery doesnt seem the type to change whats working.

Run to the split makes it rough for some.

Theres every chance that Livingston and Countys remaining fixtures f**k them and leave too much to do after the split. A real chance neither get much more than a point.

Hibs (34) - County (a), Livingston (h), Rangers (a), St Johnstone (h), Motherwell (a)

Dundee (33) - Aberdeen (h), Rangers (h), St Johnstone (a), Motherwell (h), Aberdeen (a)

Motherwell (32) - Aberdeen (h), St Mirren (h), Dundee (a), Hibs (h)

St Johnstone (28) - Celtic (a), Dundee (h), Hibernian (a), Kilmarnock (h)

Aberdeen (27) - Dundee (a), Motherwell (a), County (h), Livingston (a), Dundee (h)

County (23) - Hibs (h), Hearts (h), Aberdeen (a), Kilmarnock (a), Rangers (h)

Livingston (17) - Hibs (a), Celtic (h), Aberdeen (h), Hearts (a)

Livi and County's point both being against Aberdeen.

St Johnstone could genuinely be anywhere between none and 7 pts in their fixtures.

Aberdeen should get a minimum of 5 pts but (if they play to their potential) should be picking up at least 11 pts.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Aye. Although you feel like Aberdeen have to win at least a game at some point, so if its against County then it could be tatties.

I think come the split itll be Livingston definitely down, then St Johnstone and Aberdeen knowing they just need 3/4 points to avoid 11th.

The next two weeks are crucial. Saints could find ourselves pulled right back into the brink.

In a fortnight’s time we’ll only have played Celtic away, whilst County will have had two home games, against Hibs and Hearts, and Aberdeen will have played at Dundee and Motherwell.

Its hard to believe Aberdeen won’t be above us, and County won’t have closed the gap a touch.

I’ve always found County unpredictable. They’ll be absolutely shite and you think they’re finished, then just randomly win a game unexpectedly. 

No one in the bottom 4 is going to go on some miraculous winning run, so  the odd win and scraping as many draws as possible should lead to safety.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

St Johnstone could genuinely be anywhere between none and 7 pts in their fixtures.

Aberdeen should get a minimum of 5 pts but (if they play to their potential) should be picking up at least 11 pts.

I'd say a maximum of 2 is more likely. Dundee (H & A) - losses. Motherwell (A) - loss, and with a bit of luck 2 draws against the other 2.

And who's to say County won't beat Hibs?