The Big Relegation Thread

FWIW

Motherwell (32pts) - St Mirren (h), Dundee (a), Hibernian (h)

Aberdeen (30pts) - Ross County (h), Livingston (a), Dundee (h)

St Johnstone (28pts) - Dundee (h), Hibernian (a), Kilmarnock (h)

Ross County (27pts) - Aberdeen (a), Kilmarnock (a), Rangers (h)

Livingston (17pts) - Celtic (h), Aberdeen (h), Hearts (a)

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW

Motherwell (32pts) - St Mirren (h), Dundee (a), Hibernian (h)

Aberdeen (30pts) - Ross County (h), Livingston (a), Dundee (h)

St Johnstone (28pts) - Dundee (h), Hibernian (a), Kilmarnock (h)

Ross County (27pts) - Aberdeen (a), Kilmarnock (a), Rangers (h)

Livingston (17pts) - Celtic (h), Aberdeen (h), Hearts (a)

Says it all.Livi are down even before the split.Up to the rest to avoid the dreaded 11th spot.Suspect the sheep will somehow avoid.County and St Johnstone will negotiate the playoffs and preserve their respective places in the SPL.Cant see Livi doing the others favours,although they might put a spanner in the works to those involved imo.

23 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Says it all.Livi are down even before the split.Up to the rest to avoid the dreaded 11th spot.Suspect the sheep will somehow avoid.County and St Johnstone will negotiate the playoffs and preserve their respective places in the SPL.Cant see Livi doing the others favours,although they might put a spanner in the works to those involved imo.

I disagree!

St Johnstone and Ross County are going to lose their remaining games before the break. We will get full points from Celtic and Aberdeen... Its game on....

EDIT - what the hell was in those cookies my son gave me?

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Looks like we could have a big oart to play in who ends up second bottom (or not).

Im hoping you make the top 6 tbh. Being put in the play offs by you lot at McDiarmid, then losing a play off to United, would be a fitting bookend to our decade of Tayside dominance, and im not particularly keen on experiencing that. 

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I disagree!

St Johnstone and Ross County are going to lose their remaining games before the break. We will get full points from Celtic and Aberdeen... Its game on....

EDIT - what the hell was in those cookies my son gave me?

FFS Durnford.Il have a pint of what your on with respect. You know like 99% of our support we're down.Been good while it lasted,punching above our weight, budgets injuries etc etc.Possibly might take one of those above us down with us,though I doubt it.Planning for next season Paramount.

1 minute ago, Troy.1995 said:

FFS Durnford.Il have a pint of what your on with respect. You know like 99% of our support we're down.Been good while it lasted,punching above our weight, budgets injuries etc etc.Possibly might take one of those above us down with us,though I doubt it.Planning for next season Paramount.

I was being ironic; although I suspect you already guessed that.

Simply put we either get angry or try to see the humour of the situation; as difficult as that may seem.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im hoping you make the top 6 tbh. Being put in the play offs by you lot at McDiarmid, then losing a play off to United, would be a fitting bookend to our decade of Tayside dominance, and im not particularly keen on experiencing that. 

After watching United last night I think they need to win the league to get promoted, that team isn't winning a play off.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20240330_174448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1cbe4cbb636f7b87b19ecaaf5aade711.jpg

Massive win for Aberdeen, who win the big face off at the bottom. Motherwell squeeze further away with a good draw, while St Johnstone lose yet again. Livingston play tomorrow v Celtic still but meh.

Screenshot_20240330_174526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9203ee1b81c34116b75ac0dc4a78a348.jpg

Motherwell and Aberdeen really just a win from safety for me. Would take a total collapse after that point for both St Johnstone and County to overtake either.

A 2 way battle for the play off now?

Screenshot_20240330_174503_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1651def7e85499e0efabc21977035b1e.jpg

Both away next week.

Then St Johnstone host Kilmarnock while County play Rangers.

Then the dreaded split fixtures, where bravery tends to win the day...

9 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

What's the worst season in the top division, and is Livingston challenging it?

Since split, maybe Livi 2005/2006 season. Finished on 18 points and -54 GD.

7 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

What's the worst season in the top division, and is Livingston challenging it?

6 hours ago, STFU_Donny said:

Since split, maybe Livi 2005/2006 season. Finished on 18 points and -54 GD.

Yeah Livingston in 05/06 are the worst since 97/98, then it's Hearts and Gretna when they had points deductions who both reached 23pts despite that.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?sortierung=schlechteste&sortField=pkt&saisonIdVon=1997&saisonIdBis=2023&spieltag=38&eingrenzung=alle

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Livingston in 05/06 are the worst since 97/98, then it's Hearts and Gretna when they had points deductions who both reached 23pts despite that.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?sortierung=schlechteste&sortField=pkt&saisonIdVon=1997&saisonIdBis=2023&spieltag=38&eingrenzung=alle

Not one to question your stats Random, but I think for some reason that table is only showing from 04/05 onwards. It doesn't seem to have the St Johnstone 01/02 or St Mirren 2000/01 relegations which would both have definitely been up there.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Not one to question your stats Random, but I think for some reason that table is only showing from 04/05 onwards. It doesn't seem to have the St Johnstone 01/02 or St Mirren 2000/01 relegations which would both have definitely been up there.

I didn't look into it beyond looking at the site linked tbh, so every chance I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

We got 30 points in 2000/01 so not even close to being one of the worst.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Funny how the memory cheats, as I always believed our 87-88 season to be far worse.

PremierLeagueRecordbyseason.jpg.129bca4af20e14aabe8530b35376a1fc.jpg

Won 3 out of 44 games in 87-88 with not a single win on the road compared to 5 out of 36 in 84-85.

I guess in terms on percentage points, 84-85 was worse (Willie McLean in charge after Tommy jumped ship).

Conceded 100 league goals in both of those seasons.