The Big Relegation Thread

14 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Not sure where Motherwell will be come split or by end of season but we'll be above Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County and Livingston at least.  

Aberdeen or Hibs or both is the question.  

Bold call. 

We'd totally revamped our squad in January 19 and although it took until March before we turned the corner in terms of results we were already looking coherent on the pitch by the end of February.

26 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind it's done. Without wishing to get in there and make it about us, to my mind, our 18-19 team has to be one of the worst teams to stay up in this league.

This is where we were after 28 games then. 

image.png.7d4bad9a38c52e2483d1f315a4b9c0f9.png

Even that St Mirren team had more points than Livi have, and we had two teams within closer reach above us.

image.png.47b559d534bf8bc0d1a03d9601f2fe1c.png

Livingston are done.

Oh and yeah Livi are done!

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aberdeen Morton final, IMO. Neil Warnock would finally start caring about the outcome of an Aberdeen game 👀

Not what the sponsors want, but the showpiece at hampden on 25th may will be much richer for it. 

Edited by Dons_1988

The play-off matches are scheduled for Thursday 23rd and Sunday26th of May, and the cup final is set for Saturday 25th of May. Although these dates may be subject to change, I doubt Aberdeen will advance to the cup final.

I'd be content with finishing 11th in the league, securing victory in the play-offs, and clinching the Scottish Cup!

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not what the sponsors want, but the showpiece at hampden on 25th may will be much richer for it. 

I see what you've done there. You've seized on my loose wording of 'final' to imply you'll get to the FA cup final.

You cheeky monkey.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I see what you've done there. You've seized on my loose wording of 'final' to imply you'll get to the FA cup final.

You cheeky monkey.

There’s additional layers. You see we’re in the unlikely position in February where Morton and Aberdeen could compete in both the playoff final and the Scottish cup final. 

I've taken this unlikely scenario and thrown it right back in your face through your sloppiness. 

Albeit, you could just say something about games in hand and win the internet. But I’ve had my moment. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s additional layers. You see we’re in the unlikely position in February where Morton and Aberdeen could compete in both the playoff final and the Scottish cup final.  

That is fucking mind blowing, tbf. The most box office long weekend of football that the Scottish game has ever delivered.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stick a fiver on that.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind it's done. Without wishing to get in there and make it about us, to my mind, our 18-19 team has to be one of the worst teams to stay up in this league.

This is where we were after 28 games then. 

image.png.7d4bad9a38c52e2483d1f315a4b9c0f9.png

Even that St Mirren team had more points than Livi have, and we had two teams within closer reach above us.

image.png.47b559d534bf8bc0d1a03d9601f2fe1c.png

Livingston are done.

If you can be arsed working out who survived from here you can, but aye history seems to be against them.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/saisonstarts/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?sortierung=schlechteste&sortField=pkt&saisonIdVon=1997&saisonIdBis=2023&spieltag=28&eingrenzung=alle

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That is fucking mind blowing, tbf. The most box office long weekend of football that the Scottish game has ever delivered.

If you offered me winning the Scottish cup and losing the playoff, both to Morton. I’d probably take it tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

box office theatre royal margate GIF by Official London Theatre

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

The play-off matches are scheduled for Thursday 23rd and Sunday26th of May, and the cup final is set for Saturday 25th of May. Although these dates may be subject to change, I doubt Aberdeen will advance to the cup final.

I'd be content with finishing 11th in the league, securing victory in the play-offs, and clinching the Scottish Cup!

And denying Hearts guaranteed European football until Xmas to boot 😉