The Big Relegation Thread

59 minutes ago, Lex said:

I think the parallels between Warnock 2024 and Butcher 2014 are becoming more and more apparent. 
The incumbent try hard manager means well, but it’s clear he’s never going to take the ‘sleeping giant’ above mid table. Simply not good enough for clubs with a fan base like them. 
To the surprise of no one, said snoozy giant bags the try hard whilst sitting comfortably mid table during the season. For clubs like us, it surely can’t get any worse than this? 
Give it to the old fella till the end of the season, he’ll sort them out.
Shortly after the English veteran is appointed it becomes clear that it could in fact, get much worse. 
Whereas Pat Robson was getting draws at home to teams like St Johnstone, Neil Butcher turns those unacceptable results into defeats at home to teams like St Johnstone. 
The mid table comfort quickly melts away in the spring sunshine. 
Warnock’s a dottery old man who should have been put to pasture years ago. More dangerously for Aberdeen fans, he doesn’t look the least bit arsed. He won’t be here next season regardless, and he certainly won’t care about CV damage at his age. Could Data Dave sack an interim manager? Will Warnock walk? What then? An interim for the interim?
What a mess the Dons are in. 

I said as much at the time Warnock was appointed but the Dons fans assured me I was mistaken.

Aberdeen's struggling was quite predictable back at the start of the season.

They had a poor coach, and unbalanced squad, and they had to deal with the group stage fixture congestion.

Not at all surprised they're in the bottom six, but surprised they're in actual relegation bother.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

They had a poor coach, and unbalanced squad, and they had to deal with the group stage fixture congestion.

Not at all surprised they're in the bottom six, but surprised they're in actual relegation bother.

A team going from a stuttering European campaign to capitulation and relegation danger? Never heard of it mate.

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aberdeen appointing a total fucking balloon of a manager could set up the best New Firm Derby ever.

Warnock could yet prove to be Aberdeen's Aaron Ramsey.

Turn up, get paid loads of money, do f**k all, then leave a huge disappointment behind and f**k off somewhere else, not giving a f**k.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hot take: Livingston are fucked.  Now for County, Motherwell, St Johnstone and Aberdeen to fight for the not being the second shittiest team award. 

Saturday is Livingstons final chance, but aye, its done i think.

Race now changes to getting past 36pts first which should keep you out 11th.

Countys next 3 are Hibs (x2) and Hearts. Really need a win from that or its looking grim too.

9 hours ago, btb said:

I said as much at the time Warnock was appointed but the Dons fans assured me I was mistaken.

So did I, I felt sure that the Aberdeen squad were far superior to that Hibs squad - but Warnock seems to be doing a great job of proving me wrong.

I still think they will limp over the line....................but it might take another managerial sacking to do it.

9 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Before the game against us at tynecastle you said we were the biggest threat to 3rd place. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Before the game against us at tynecastle you said we were the biggest threat to 3rd place. 

Both those things can be true. At the start of the season I thought Hibs were, but then events happen.

In our league there are lots of things that can go either way. Aberdeen being bottom six wasn't unforseeable.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Both those things can be true. At the start of the season I thought Hibs were, but then events happen.

In our league there are lots of things that can go either way. Aberdeen being bottom six wasn't unforseeable.

So I agree with the general premise, but given we’ve now established that you have predicted Aberdeen could finish anywhere between 3rd and 12th then maybe the annual self congratulating isn’t really appropriate. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So I agree with the general premise, but given we’ve now established that you have predicted Aberdeen could finish anywhere between 3rd and 12th then maybe the annual self congratulating isn’t really appropriate. 

Oh, no. It's entirely appropriate.

Called it, imo.

Holding off on calling the relegation for now, but we're almost at the stage of wondering who your Kevin Thomson and Jason Cummings will be.

11 hours ago, Lex said:

I think the parallels between Warnock 2024 and Butcher 2014 are becoming more and more apparent. 
The incumbent try hard manager means well, but it’s clear he’s never going to take the ‘sleeping giant’ above mid table. Simply not good enough for clubs with a fan base like them. 
To the surprise of no one, said snoozy giant bags the try hard whilst sitting comfortably mid table during the season. For clubs like us, it surely can’t get any worse than this? 
Give it to the old fella till the end of the season, he’ll sort them out.
Shortly after the English veteran is appointed it becomes clear that it could in fact, get much worse. 
Whereas Pat Robson was getting draws at home to teams like St Johnstone, Neil Butcher turns those unacceptable results into defeats at home to teams like St Johnstone. 
The mid table comfort quickly melts away in the spring sunshine. 
Warnock’s a dottery old man who should have been put to pasture years ago. More dangerously for Aberdeen fans, he doesn’t look the least bit arsed. He won’t be here next season regardless, and he certainly won’t care about CV damage at his age. Could Data Dave sack an interim manager? Will Warnock walk? What then? An interim for the interim?
What a mess the Dons are in. 

There's some truth to what you say here, but for f**k sake don't post it days before we play them. We all know what St Mirren are like when a team needs a result.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Oh, no. It's entirely appropriate.

Called it, imo.

Holding off on calling the relegation for now, but we're almost at the stage of wondering who your Kevin Thomson and Jason Cummings will be.

You’re entitled to enjoy our predicament. Just felt we should be clear about this, we’re on the same page. 

10 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I’m absolutely amazed that the biggest threat to the continuation of #TB3 is Aberdeen. Motherwell are fucking garbage.

Not sure where Motherwell will be come split or by end of season but we'll be above Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County and Livingston at least.  

Aberdeen or Hibs or both is the question.  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

its done i think.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind it's done. Without wishing to get in there and make it about us, to my mind, our 18-19 team has to be one of the worst teams to stay up in this league.

This is where we were after 28 games then. 

image.png.7d4bad9a38c52e2483d1f315a4b9c0f9.png

Even that St Mirren team had more points than Livi have, and we had two teams within closer reach above us.

image.png.47b559d534bf8bc0d1a03d9601f2fe1c.png

Livingston are done.

7 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Not sure where Motherwell will be come split or by end of season but we'll be above Dundee, St Johnstone, Ross County and Livingston at least.  

Aberdeen or Hibs or both is the question.  

Meme Reaction GIF