The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

That will be why you managed to score 0 at home to another side facing relegation today.

We were massively hindered by being a man down tbf. That boy Kane playing just in front of Killies defence was a brick wall aswell, broke down every attack before simply laying it off to a Killie player and allowing them to counter.

Would take 11th right now. Would be confident of winning the playoff. Livi who were tipped to go down will not be anywhere near it. So give us 3 points guys eh. St Mirren look like our level not far away from a right decent side. Ross County when we played them at the start of the season I looked at there team and thought theres no stand out quality there but as we know that doesn't necessarily mean they wont scrap like us and shitfest some points. The real saints one of my favourite Accies players ever Sir Stevie May is back at them and I kinda hope he does well but dont on the same hand. Looks like there going to be in and around us this year but obviously still early. So to summarise I've not got a clue who's going down . 

On the basis that Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs will spend themselves out of any trouble (and that Hibs will ditch Hecketc and get a wee bounce) , we're left with the provinces and the commuter belt outfits. 

Of that lot it's just too early to tell. I reckon that any one of us are 2 or 3 injuries away from a terrible run. 

Nothing's going to shape up until Christmas and it could be the January window is important this year. 

FWIW of the diddies I think Livi and Motherwell are the only ones looking safe ... so far.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

Who’s going down?

Kept waiting for one of the other fans to start this. Where’s all your arrogant version of NDD?

Too slow.

One of us is going right down there, and one other is half way there. Who?

The obvious four candidates are St Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston, Hamilton and Ross County.

However, we all know there’s going to be at least one other team dragged into our mire. Who?l Now, show your weary head.

Wouldn’t it be much fun if someone like Hearts went into the.bottom 6 split with a chance of relegation? That’s the kind of football club we’d all love to choke it right up (again) and end up in the...Champion... Ship.

PS: St Johnstone, Motherwell and Kilmarnock; your rent’s due.

Dont know what too say ?  Gave up?  Who knows . Congratulations Livie whatever you are doing it's working wish we had yer mogo I e would be happy.  

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Maybe so, but it's not like you are going to be cut adrift by Christmas or anything. 

As I said, a few no very good teams but no obvious comedy candidate this season so far. Certainly not on the level Dundee, Hamilton and ourselves were last season. 

It's way too early to tell who the comedy team will be I reckon. For most of last season it was us, until around Feburary time when it turned out Dundee had signed a load of shite and were never going to win another game ever again.

Hearts's squad is too good to go down, proving they have the right manager.
Hibs could be down there but I still think their next appointment will keep their head above water.

The league is so poor this season, but I haven't seen a team as bad as us yet. We're a confused mess and we really need to pull a creative midfielder out the bag in the next couple of days.

Goodwin will be the deciding factor in St M staying up.

11 hours ago, Lex said:

The obvious four candidates are St Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston, Hamilton and Ross County.

You might be on to something here.  Hamilton to finish bottom and Accies second bottom , hopefully losing the playoff to Arbroath , would be ideal.

Although on yesterday’s performances it’s more likely to be Ross finishing bottom and County in the playoffs 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

giphy.gif

Attacking options of May, O'Halloran, Swanson and Kennedy.

Still relegated.

You say that like you'll be relegated despite having these as your attacking options. 

May has a lot to prove. Obviously if your theory about McInnes using him badly turns out to be wrong, May could be an actual dud. I actually hope he still has something because he seems a good guy, but I doubt it. 

MOH seems to be good for a couple of 2-3 week periods and do f**k all in between. He'll get a wee spotlight bit on sportscene with Stewart giving it "he'll run at players and that's what St Johnstone need" then disappear for the season. 

Swanson is OK but is he maybe a bit of a luxury for a scrap? 

Your lot all seem to think highly of Kennedy. I haven't seen or heard  any opposition fans saying they rate him after games. 

As funny as it would be to see St j relegated, it would be funnier if the Embra cheeks went down together. 

31 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You say that like you'll be relegated despite having these as your attacking options. 

May has a lot to prove. Obviously if your theory about McInnes using him badly turns out to be wrong, May could be an actual dud. I actually hope he still has something because he seems a good guy, but I doubt it. 

MOH seems to be good for a couple of 2-3 week periods and do f**k all in between. He'll get a wee spotlight bit on sportscene with Stewart giving it "he'll run at players and that's what St Johnstone need" then disappear for the season. 

Swanson is OK but is he maybe a bit of a luxury for a scrap? 

Your lot all seem to think highly of Kennedy. I haven't seen or heard  any opposition fans saying they rate him after games. 

As funny as it would be to see St j relegated, it would be funnier if the Embra cheeks went down together. 

Fair points, I'm just biased because they're ours.

Swanson has been rancid and non contributing for well over a season now. Kennedy, though, almost got into double figures for goals last season. MOH has had an long journey back from virtually a year out and is finding his feet again, destroyed Hibs last week.

No idea how May will go, but in his 20 minutes yesterday he got on the end of 4 crosses within 12 yards, with at least 3 of them going on target. That's genuinely feels like hes got on the end of more crosses than Kane managed last season as a whole.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No idea how May will go, but in his 20 minutes yesterday he got on the end of 4 crosses within 12 yards, with at least 3 of them going on target. That's genuinely feels like hes got on the end of more crosses than Kane managed last season as a whole.

Probably more than he managed in his whole time with the Dons.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Hearts's squad is too good to go down, proving they have the right manager.
Hibs could be down there but I still think their next appointment will keep their head above water.

The league is so poor this season, but I haven't seen a team as bad as us yet. We're a confused mess and we really need to pull a creative midfielder out the bag in the next couple of days.

Goodwin will be the deciding factor in St M staying up.

I have, several times................

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

After watching Ross County yesterday, my prediction is Ross County. 

They’ll literally buy a new team in January once they realise signing Championship quality players ain’t it. 

They’ll be fine.

Guest Bob Mahelp
27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They’ll literally buy a new team in January once they realise signing Championship quality players ain’t it. 

They’ll be fine.

They struck me as a Championship side playing the big boys yesterday, and looked like a team that will struggle. It could be that their home form against dross like Hamilton, the fermers, St Mirren etc might get them enough points to survive.