Dundee United vs Arbroath, The Biscuit Cup

lichtie23

Suffering from football withdrawal and having missed the North End - Lochee Utd game, I thought I'd sneak into this yin... well, I say sneak, but I and many Arbroath fans didn't get in until 10 mins into the game.

Cracking wee game it was I thought once I finally got in, with both teams having decent spells. Utd looked scarily smooth going forward even with subs on, but couldn't get anything over the line. Arbroath played well and were the better side in the last 20 minutes. And Utd are still laughably bad at penalties, which was enjoyable.

I feel like I would have enjoyed this more under different circumstances, but I was in Amsterdam last week, so it's all a merciful blur. Good job Lichties.

Sub standard performance performance from a relatively strong team.

I thought Arbroath were very good defensively and it’s easy to see why they have only conceded two league goals to date.

Sporle was OK but should have tried getting down the line rather than continually cutting in.  Watson and King are not good enough at this level. 

Robson did really well in CH position, I was impressed.

Hopefully Neilson has used this game to get a handle on Arbroath and I hope when we start with our first choice XI we will be too much for Arbroath.

Well done Lichties ; good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Sub standard performance performance from a relatively strong team.
I thought Arbroath were very good defensively and it’s easy to see why they have only conceded two league goals to date.
Sporle was OK but should have tried getting down the line rather than continually cutting in.  Watson and King are not good enough at this level. 
Robson did really well in CH position, I was impressed.
Hopefully Neilson has used this game to get a handle on Arbroath and I hope when we start with our first choice XI we will be too much for Arbroath.
Well done Lichties ; good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Fair enough report, baring in mind we also made 5 changes. Don’t see any reason why we cant give united a good game in 2 weeks time

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

Fair enough report, baring in mind we also made 5 changes. Don’t see any reason why we cant give united a good game in 2 weeks time

Hence my use of the word “hope”.

If today is anything to go I think you are going to be a tough team to beat.

Not a failure for Arbroath today the boys gave there all Galsons double save brilliant . Doris was a handful for the untied defence won so many fouls Wheatley again solid in midfield tob and Ricky solid as usual young lad from hibs done well at right back shame he missed his pen.Bring on thistle on Friday night [emoji106]

Not a failure for Arbroath today the boys gave there all Galsons double save brilliant . Doris was a handful for the untied defence won so many fouls Wheatley again solid in midfield tob and Ricky solid as usual young lad from hibs done well at right back shame he missed his pen.Bring on thistle on Friday night [emoji106]

Who was left back?