I love McGinn, but I think this might be the worst I've ever seen him play. Most of his teammates have been total dross too, mind. Gallagher is never an Aberdeen player. 

What he (can I say that these days?) said. The whole team is a weak, disjointed, shambles at the moment. McGinn notably honkin’ today and was surprised he wasn’t hooked instead of Hedges.

Incredible result given the standard of performance. Saying that, Livingston only have themselves to blame for wasting chances and not taking advantage of our poor play. Thankfully, there's a lot of total dross in the league this season. 

Main and Gallagher just aren't good enough. Don't want to be too hard on the boy because he is giving his all and it's not his fault he is being picked, but Gallagher is technically one of the poorest footballers I've seen at Aberdeen under McInnes. It amazes me that Wilson and McLennan can't get into the team ahead of him. 

Our inability to sign any striker other than Dykes this summer has haunted us today horrendously. A lot of endeavour and some nice play at times but no cutting edge whatsoever. Could have feasibly had three by half time.

Aberdeen seem to have gotten worse every time I’ve seen them in the last 2/3 seasons, but McInnes seems to be at Levein levels of untouchable. From their perspective, lucky not to have sold Cosgrove as they looked bottom 6 material for 85 minutes otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Afro said:

Our inability to sign any striker other than Dykes this summer has haunted us today horrendously. A lot of endeavour and some nice play at times but no cutting edge whatsoever. Could have feasibly had three by half time.

Aberdeen seem to have gotten worse every time I’ve seen them in the last 2/3 seasons, but McInnes seems to be at Levein levels of untouchable. From their perspective, lucky not to have sold Cosgrove as they looked bottom 6 material for 85 minutes otherwise.

Levein isn't 3rd in the league.

Only have ourselves to blame, that’s the worst team we’ve came up against this season so far and lost 2-0, didn't take our chances, our fears recognised with Dykes out we simply didn’t have a natural finisher. 

Very very frustrated after that, football is shit. 

I have no idea how to feel after that. Complete domination from us, yet we lost 2-0. Still not sure how.

I'm happier than I've been after a loss for a long time though. Aberdeen have been 3rd/4th for the last 5 seasons and probably will again this year. If that game had finished 4-0 livi then it would have been deserved.

Before I go mega amber tinted specs then Aberdeen have to get credit for getting the job done when they're having an off day. They've made their success over the last few seasons over consistently taking out the wee teams, and they did that again today.

McGinn was utterly useless. Ferguson's protestations after his 5th foul were embarrassing. Also, Cosgrove is 10x the player Main is and he didn't exactly set the heather alight.

Onto the many Livi positives, McMillan was excellent, as was Guthrie. Bartley was an absolute colossus, and the wheels started to slightly come off our domination when he was forced off, hopefully he's back on Wednesday. Also Super Stevie Lawson is back ❤️ 

But yeah, as everyone's pointed out, we missed Dykes massively. This is what we get for having no centre forward. I'm surprised Souda didn't get a game when we were dominating them that much.

Ah well, onto the next 2 games.