Peterhead vs Clyde

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Mind when people were calling him out as shite after a handful of games and saying petkov would be a better option emoji23.png. Always said he would come good.

He wasn't great to be fair but glad he seems to be settling in and giving strong performances now.

5 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

It's a great result considering we had 10 men for most of the game, I'll wait for the highlights to see the red card although hopefully we can appeal it if it's just DGW trying to protect himself. 

Well, .....depending on the refs report of course.....I wouldn't hold out much hope of winning any appeal, because it certainly wasnt a case of Goodwillie protecting himself.

The ball had been headed away and he followed through . If he'd been closer to the ball he most likely would've been booked.

Silly really because he had scored an absolute cracker.

3 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Well, .....depending on the refs report of course.....I wouldn't hold out much hope of winning any appeal, because it certainly wasnt a case of Goodwillie protecting himself.

The ball had been headed away and he followed through . If he'd been closer to the ball he most likely would've been booked.

Silly really because he had scored an absolute cracker.

Wasn’t there but I haven’t seen any Clyde fans saying it wasn’t a red so I think that tells a story. 

I’d be disappointed though if it was violent conduct as he is really not that kind of player. He’s not been sent off since he came to Clyde and I’m certain he will be wound up constantly by opposition players. Be interesting to see it on the highlights. 

Good result for the 10 men but what will be our forwards now if Love is injured and Goodie banned?

I’m confident Love will be fine. He always runs himself into the ground and rarely walks off the pitch without limping or hobbling. He’s got some work rate and passion. He may not be the best skill-fully but he’s a great player to have.

Wasn’t there but I haven’t seen any Clyde fans saying it wasn’t a red so I think that tells a story. 
I’d be disappointed though if it was violent conduct as he is really not that kind of player. He’s not been sent off since he came to Clyde and I’m certain he will be wound up constantly by opposition players. Be interesting to see it on the highlights. 
he hasnt been suspended nevermind sent off lennon said in post match he thought it was harsh

wasnt there so cant comment

8 hours ago, sydney said:

I wouldn't say it was violent conduct. It was late and silly, and he looked pretty disappointed with himself trudging off. He didnt make a song and dance of it so he probably knew it was merited.

You're right, he doesn't have a history of sendings off. Bookings , yes. Usually for backchat or like yesterday, a daft challenge when not necessary, or when someone takes the ball off him.

As for being wound up by opposition players.......after 15 years as a pro, he should be better than let it get to him.

I’m confident Love will be fine. He always runs himself into the ground and rarely walks off the pitch without limping or hobbling. He’s got some work rate and passion. He may not be the best skill-fully but he’s a great player to have.
Peterhead put in multiple late tackles on Love. He seemed to be struggling with his ankle long before his substitution.

He's an important player for us. Hopefully, he's fine.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Peterhead put in multiple late tackles on Love. He seemed to be struggling with his ankle long before his substitution.

He's an important player for us. Hopefully, he's fine.

What a load of shite.  He was quite clearly going to ground with no contact.  As another Clyde fan said he "ran himself into the ground" although he probably didn't intend it the way I have taken it.

Tell me you weren't the guy that was absolutely raging in the stand and had to be told to calm the f**k down on multiple occasions.  Apologies if it wasn't you but he was a complete embarrassement to your club.

As for the game, agree with everything said so far.  Goodie challenge was a red all day, Peterhead lacking any creative play and Clyde comfortable sitting deep and defending.  Pity the ref wasn't a bit tougher on the timewasting bit in all seriousness any more game time would have probably seen us lose another goal.

In the short time that Clyde were at full strength, I didn't think you looked as fluent as you did last year (thinking of the 3-3 game at your place).

We are going to struggle unless something changes soon, even against 10 men for around an hour yesterday we were never in control of the game. The sending off the only surprize was that the ref although only yards from the incident actually made the decision, it was certainly a red  but depends what the official  puts it down as it was certainly dangerous play unsure whether that is any different from violent play or not.  The linesman at our end was a total waste of time  missing lots going on right in front of him, when Love took one of his mystery tumbles right in front of him  he just looked the other way Love was actually on the ground laughing as he could not believe he had got away with another con.. We have been outplayed a number of times this season which you can accept against the bigger full time teams but  we need to  compete  against the other part time teams around  us. 

4 minutes ago, peternapper said:

We are going to struggle unless something changes soon, even against 10 men for around an hour yesterday we were never in control of the game. The sending off the only surprize was that the ref although only yards from the incident actually made the decision, it was certainly a red  but depends what the official  puts it down as it was certainly dangerous play unsure whether that is any different from violent play or not.  The linesman at our end was a total waste of time  missing lots going on right in front of him, when Love took one of his mystery tumbles right in front of him  he just looked the other way Love was actually on the ground laughing as he could not believe he had got away with another con.. We have been outplayed a number of times this season which you can accept against the bigger full time teams but  we need to  compete  against the other part time teams around  us. 

Peterhead always have decent teams, your problem is your manager and I think most of you know this. 

I heard last season that half your team train in the central belt on a Tuesday with the other half training in Aberdeen before the team train together in Forfar on a Thursday. You would get away with that in League 2 but League 1 surely not? Might explain why you guys are up and down more than Jordans knickers. 

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Peterhead always have decent teams, your problem is your manager and I think most of you know this. 

I heard last season that half your team train in the central belt on a Tuesday with the other half training in Aberdeen before the team train together in Forfar on a Thursday. You would get away with that in League 2 but League 1 surely not? Might explain why you guys are up and down more than Jordans knickers. 

Given the age of a number of our players you would expect a rebuild would be required at the end of the season if not before whether the board or Jim feel he should do it or move aside will need to be seen. Our location certainly makes things difficult for training etc with the squad getting together once a week not being ideal. Think only have two players based north of Dundee Rory & Jason Brown & rely on players keeping fitness up. We have built a reputation for looking after our players well  not by  just wages which I believe are as inflated as some think but sorting out injuries ie Nicky Riley & giving players the option of hotel before home games for guys from the borders. Many of our support moan about the lack of local players very few have come through, with no youth team any good ones tend to go to Aberdeen at very young ages & most of the ones left go Highland League so they can get home in time for their Saturday night out.

What a load of shite.  He was quite clearly going to ground with no contact.  As another Clyde fan said he "ran himself into the ground" although he probably didn't intend it the way I have taken it.
Tell me you weren't the guy that was absolutely raging in the stand and had to be told to calm the f**k down on multiple occasions.  Apologies if it wasn't you but he was a complete embarrassement to your club.
As for the game, agree with everything said so far.  Goodie challenge was a red all day, Peterhead lacking any creative play and Clyde comfortable sitting deep and defending.  Pity the ref wasn't a bit tougher on the timewasting bit in all seriousness any more game time would have probably seen us lose another goal.
In the short time that Clyde were at full strength, I didn't think you looked as fluent as you did last year (thinking of the 3-3 game at your place).
Apology accepted.

Archived