Livi vs. Rangers

EdinburghLivi

10 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Looks natural to me,big rikki cant see him as hes behind him,just one of those things.

Just like last season loving our physicality,shutting down players not giving them time on the ball etc.

Looking for 3pts on Saturday at Hamilton.

Except if you watch the clip he knows he's running and jumping into aribo after clattering another player literally a second before for the first high ball

Btw i have no objections to physical games, but that challenge is a red card, 

Aye and that's when they start on about the plastic pitches too, funny how there was no media shite about our pitch after Sevco won on Wed night, just this Lamie pish because Gerrard is all pissy about Helander being called out for his foul on Dykes.
Yep exact same situation last season, deservedly beat us in the league cup at RP, never said a thing about the park. Then when we brought in Greg Stewart and mulumbu and they couldn't cope with it they couldn't wait to bitch about the park. As someone who adored Steven Gerrard growing up I couldn't think any less of the fucking cretin.

If he had any intentions of injuring aribo, his arms wouldn't be near straight, he'd have bent his elbows. Sore one for aribo but that's just unfortunate, you can't expect the boy to jump like a fucking penguin

Except if you watch the clip he knows he's running and jumping into aribo after clattering another player literally a second before for the first high ball
Btw i have no objections to physical games, but that challenge is a red card, 

1 hour ago, killie_lad said:

If he had any intentions of injuring aribo, his arms wouldn't be near straight, he'd have bent his elbows. Sore one for aribo but that's just unfortunate, you can't expect the boy to jump like a fucking penguin

Thats not the point, he's led with his arm which nowadays is a red card offence

2 hours ago, killie_lad said:

If he had any intentions of injuring aribo, his arms wouldn't be near straight, he'd have bent his elbows.

Intention has nothing to do with whether it's a recklessly endangering challenge which means a red. Also important to note that he led with the arm in an aerial challenge against Morelos 5 seconds before the Aribo incident. 

Edited by TavTastic

11 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Intention has nothing to do with whether it's a recklessly endangering challenge which means a red. Also important to note that he led with the arm in an aerial challenge against Morelos 5 seconds before the Aribo incident. 

Sounds like you think it was double red then? 😂 I’m just laughing because it would be quite the collection.

The photo above is the first I’ve seen of the elbow near his head. Couldn’t rule out that he caught him there.

Doesn’t look like Aribo was getting  near winning the ball.

It would have been nice to make it to Hampden again but for the break of the ball it wasn’t to be. Really chuffed with the performance and hoping we can soon turn these good performances against Rangers and Aberdeen into points. 

Edited by crispy

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

Sounds like you think it was double red then? 😂 I’m just laughing because it would be quite the collection.

The photo above is the first I’ve seen of the elbow near his head. Couldn’t rule out that he caught him there.

Doesn’t look like Aribo was getting  near winning the ball.

SPFL youtube channel has about 7 minutes of highlights. Includes the Aribo incident but not the Jack flick out or the Dykes challenge on Goldson.

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

SPFL youtube channel has about 7 minutes of highlights. Includes the Aribo incident but not the Jack flick out or the Dykes challenge on Goldson.

Aye, seen those highlights, ta. I saw the reckless kick by Jack elsewhere. I’d be embarrassed if someone got sent off for that. 

Anyway, on to Hamilton now...

That wasn't reckless, he was using his arms because...gravity, he didn't swing or point his elbow, maybe in the future aribo might want to get somewhere near the ball and he should be alright

That wasn't reckless, he was using his arms because...gravity, he didn't swing or point his elbow, maybe in the future aribo might want to get somewhere near the ball and he should be alright

9 hours ago, crispy said:

Anyway, on to Hamilton now...

Hamilton have started really poorly this season. I suspect you'll win that one but comes down to your defence. You're creating enough chances in games to be about 6th in the table but seem to be conceding too many.

4 hours ago, killie_lad said:
10 hours ago, TavTastic said:

There is swing in that elbow there for me. He brings them down with a fair but of force. Thing is he uses his arms in an aerial challenge 5 seconds before it - one where his hands are used in front of him rather than as leverage for height.

4 hours ago, killie_lad said:
10 hours ago, TavTastic said:

That's up there with biomechanics as an excuse.....

Sevco won, get over it and move on.

7 hours ago, killie_lad said:
13 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Wheres aribos elbows in the same pic? 

Fact is if you contest a ball in the air and you lead with your elbow you can be penalised for it, agree with the rule or not that is the rule and the ref missed it

Anyway back on point, solid test for rangers, glad of the win and if livi keep playing like that then i can see us going there after the split as they'll be defo top 6

3 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Hamilton have started really poorly this season. I suspect you'll win that one but comes down to your defence. You're creating enough chances in games to be about 6th in the table but seem to be conceding too many.

Yea, we could do with a clean sheet. I think we coped well with the firepower on Wed and the Aberdeen goals were laughable (ball came off Considine’s shin and the incident for the pen was outside the box). However, it’s notable that we have conceded at set pieces recently (e.g. Ibrox too) which we used to be strong at. Hopefully we can tighten it up in what is still a relatively new defence and start converting these chances. 

What’s the thoughts on Ojo? In the couple games I’ve seen of him he doesn’t look like he delivers. Rapid, no doubt.

19 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yea, we could do with a clean sheet. I think we coped well with the firepower on Wed and the Aberdeen goals were laughable (ball came off Considine’s shin and the incident for the pen was outside the box). However, it’s notable that we have conceded at set pieces recently (e.g. Ibrox too) which we used to be strong at. Hopefully we can tighten it up in what is still a relatively new defence and start converting these chances. 

What’s the thoughts on Ojo? In the couple games I’ve seen of him he doesn’t look like he delivers. Rapid, no doubt.

Most likely teams to get a clean sheet against would be St Mirren or Hamilton so could be a chance of that today.

Ojo is weird. A hot and cold player like Windass was. Seems to get goals (5 already) then do very little for the rest of the game. I thought he was decent on Wednesday apart from his decision making when near the goal. He got us up the park when we were struggling at the start of the second half but really should have scored or assisted.