Livi vs. Rangers

EdinburghLivi

Never a penalty, should have been a booking for a dive as he's clearly tried to con the officials, hellander one is going to split opinions, did he make a genuine attempt to get to the ball, if so it would only be a yellow, however from behind them (refs probable viewpoint) he likely seen a coming together as the livi boy moved towards hellander (what the ref wont see properly is the livi boy getting his foot in front of hellander) 

Regarding the officials overall, tough game for them, quite physical and high tempo, the ref at least was consistent in his play and imo did okay, seen a lot worse this season already

39 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Never a penalty, should have been a booking for a dive as he's clearly tried to con the officials, hellander one is going to split opinions, did he make a genuine attempt to get to the ball, if so it would only be a yellow, however from behind them (refs probable viewpoint) he likely seen a coming together as the livi boy moved towards hellander (what the ref wont see properly is the livi boy getting his foot in front of hellander) 

Regarding the officials overall, tough game for them, quite physical and high tempo, the ref at least was consistent in his play and imo did okay, seen a lot worse this season already

That's only if it's inside the box....that was a stick on red card last night

Helander's challenge is a red for me.  I think the reason that it's not been given as such is that he's come away with the ball at his feet.  With the benefit of replays we can see that it's a foul, when it happened I think he's given the defender the benefit of the doubt.

Much like Saturday it was very much a case of probably deserving more from the game, but again being culpable of ensuring that we didn’t. Two turning points in the game were the Helander incident, which I thought at the time was a red and, shortly after half time, Devlin bursting through and screwing his shot wide. That seemed to jolt Rangers into action a bit and we visibly tired after that point and we were just chasing it from then on. Holt’s move to 3-5-2 with 5 minutes to go should’ve came a bit earlier to give us more of a chance but apart from that can’t fault the effort from our side.

Rangers must wheel out clones for their European games, because the difference between them and their domestic showings at times is bizarre. Didn’t think they were all that great, maybe says more about how well we played.

Quite why Rangers fans consistently have to chant, in large numbers, regarding the geopolitical situation in Ireland over the past four centuries, is baffling to me. Weird behaviour, it’s football ffs.

Good atmosphere last night though, and at least they didn't chuck the flares onto our plastic pitch this time. I just wish we'd scored the equaliser to shut them up.:lol:

I really enjoyed the game despite it being a bit frustrating not managing to get a goal, would've been some mental celebrations if Dykes lob had gone in.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Good atmosphere last night though, and at least they didn't chuck the flares onto our plastic pitch this time. I just wish we'd scored the equaliser to shut them up.:lol:

I really enjoyed the game despite it being a bit frustrating not managing to get a goal, would've been some mental celebrations if Dykes lob had gone in.

Agreed - I suppose I should say it was a good effort for 7000 to travel over from Glasgow on a Wednesday night for this game in spite of it being televised live. An example perhaps our Hibernian friends could learn?

Agreed - I suppose I should say it was a good effort for 7000 to travel over from Glasgow on a Wednesday night for this game in spite of it being televised live. An example perhaps our Hibernian friends could learn?

Probably several thousand from the Deans Loyal alone.

f**k them.

14 minutes ago, crispy said:

I take the point that it’s a great away team support - Though I’d say there’s probably at least 7,000 Rangers people in Livi as a not bad starter 😜

One next door to me but he's got a ST for him and his son at Livi, didn't want his son exposed to the sectarianism supporting The Rangers.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

I suppose I should say it was a good effort for 7000 to travel over from Glasgow on a Wednesday night for this game in spite of it being televised live.

30 easy miles of M8 for a cup game is seen as a a "good effort" these days?

At least they stayed out of trouble and never did anything stupid like coin the police.  :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49838761

Edited by Hedgecutter

49 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

30 easy miles of M8 for a cup game is seen as a a "good effort" these days?

At least they stayed out of trouble and never did anything stupid like coin the police.  :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-49838761

Or hitting the lino with a coin. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fan-charged-after-rangers-v-13361524

Prob why the ref shit sending Helander off.

Gerrards a fanny, Holt mentions they got off with one with Helander, which they did, and he goes into a tantrum about it. Same with Sutton mentioning Jack's kick out being missed by the officials, Sevco mob ignoring the fact he is right, all get all offended and angry at anyone pointing out something their player did.