Livi vs. Rangers

EdinburghLivi

Another valiant effort from the boys in amber tonight. Against the ugly sisters you need the decisions to go your way and once again they didn't. How the Rangers defender didn't get sent off for that last man tackle on Dykes is beyond belief. Souda unlucky to hit the post and had a great game...especially coming back to help defend...the coaching team have obviously been working with him and it shows. Thought Devlin was pretty poor again tonight...slack passing and posted missing often leaving Lamie having to cover. Rangers got a bit of luck with the goal and luck is something we didn't have tonight.

1 minute ago, LogieLivi said:

Anyone who thinks The Rangers had the better chances and deserved to win that game are fuckin deluded.
If we took our chances we would have won that comfortably 3-1.

Errrrr yeah no we had the better chances and deserved to win the game. The stats bear that out. You performed admirably but ultimately we had both the the luck of the deflection and that extra quality to win the game.

I’m told (from Livi fans) that it was a stonewall penalty for the tackle on Crawford and that Helander took the man when Dykes was going through on goal. Anyone seen highlights? 

As an aside, does BT Sport have a catch-up for diddy games like this or is it just Barca? Forgot to ‘tape it’.

Just now, TavTastic said:

Errrrr yeah no we had the better chances and deserved to win the game. The stats bear that out. You performed admirably but ultimately we had both the the luck of the deflection and the referee shitting out of a stick on red card for Helander

FTFY

Quality was something you didn't show tonight. The "long ball team" of Livingston got the ball down and played some good stuff at times with The Rangers resorting to long ball and timewasting

4 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Errrrr yeah no we had the better chances and deserved to win the game. The stats bear that out. You performed admirably but ultimately we had both the the luck of the deflection and that extra quality to win the game.

As there was only one goal in it I think it was just the luck of the two factors you mention. I don’t think it was a great strike and looks to be going straight at Sarkic. I dont think you won the game on quality.

Edited by crispy

1 minute ago, crispy said:

I’m told (from Livi fans) that it was a stonewall penalty for the tackle on Crawford and that Helander took the man when Dykes was going through on goal. Anyone seen highlights? 

As an aside, does BT Sport have a catch-up for diddy games like this or is it just Barca? Forgot to ‘tape it’.

Was watching on BT and they were adamant that Crawford was going down before the contact...however, if there's contact surely it's still a penalty?

The Dykes one is a stick on red card though...these decisions don't tend to go against the ugly sisters.

Think the game is repeated early hours of the morning on BT sport

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

FTFY

Quality was something you didn't show tonight. The "long ball team" of Livingston got the ball down and played some good stuff at times with The Rangers resorting to long ball and timewasting

Blaming the ref to that extent is absurd. Like normal Scottish refa are useless and get decisions too frequently wrong. A red each for Dykes and Helander would have been the correct decision.

Edited by TavTastic

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Blaming the ref to that extent is absurd. Like normal Scottish refa are useless and get decisions too frequently wrong. A red each for Dykes and Helander would have been the correct decision.

WTF did Dykes deserve a red card for?

6 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Blaming the ref to that extent is absurd. Like normal Scottish reds are useless and get decisions to frequently wrong. A red each for Dykes and Helander would have been the correct decision.

If you are saying Helander should have been off this doubley frustrating. Dykes going through on goal so a decent chance and a last man challenge unpunished. This would’ve changed the course of the game.

I thought the big man had a great game. Generally if there is someone milking it on the deck it’s Goldson.

Edited by crispy

Sorry wrong player. Thought it was Dykes at the game. Number 5 for the elbow on Aribo which is definitely dangerous play.

I’m hearing more suggestions that this was a bad challenge than not. Kind of annoying that you can’t commit to winning the ball unless you jump like a penguin ... I’m sure there’s a better example 😅

Sorry wrong player. Thought it was Dykes at the game. Number 5 for the elbow on Aribo which is definitely dangerous play.

Watching it on BT sport and they showed it from every angle and to me it looks like the contact is Lamie's shoulder. Anyway, your assistant manager has come out and said helander was probably a red and Lamie jumped naturally as any other player would and therefor the ref made the right call with that one. 

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Watching it on BT sport and they showed it from every angle and to me it looks like the contact is Lamie's shoulder. Anyway, your assistant manager has come out and said helander was probably a red and Lamie jumped naturally as any other player would and therefor the ref made the right call with that one. 

Trust me I'd love it if it was the case that all the decisions went our way tonight and that's how we won the game as that's funnier but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Gallant effort from the Lions again, put everything into it  but just couldn't find that bit of composure to stick it in the net, annoying that the deflection took it away from Sarkic, he had a fantastic game and only lost out to a lucky goal. Was sucking in trying to get Dykes lob to go under the bar.:lol:l

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, TavTastic said:

Trust me I'd love it if it was the case that all the decisions went our way tonight and that's how we won the game as that's funnier but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Not saying all decisions....but key ones definitely went your way...just as in the last game 10 days ago.