Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

44 minutes ago, Iain said:

McBookie saying Maurice Ross backed in from 16/1 to 8/1 today and have added Graeme Mathie to their list. :mellow:

These markets are like free money for a bookie, they must love it.

I would guess that £20 would be enough to do that to the odds

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Am I the only Ayr fan that can’t remember who he is?

He was one of the countless Junior players signed for Ayr United during the Robert Connor era.

My lasting memory of him is that he did a "shush" gesture to Ayr United fans after scoring against Cowdenbeath.

C18_jpg.jpg.ee426d51181a8ba87ddc556c642b6e5a.jpg

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ll have to narrow it down.

He rifled in a thunderbolt at Cowden after taking dogs abuse.

He's a nice guy who was gutted when we punted him, he was a tryer.

My brain can't register anything but wtf, not sure wether I want Lachlan to punt us or just plod on like we have been.

I remember sitting with my Bovril at Raith and having to constantly dodge Chris' practice shots, we did have a wee laugh about it after one errant shot.

Edited by ayrmad

He's a nice guy who was gutted when we punted him, he was a tryer.
My brain can't register anything but wtf, not sure wether I want Lachlan to punt us or just plod on like we have been.
I remember sitting with my Bovril at Raith and having to constantly dodge Chris' practice shots, we did have a wee laugh about it after one errant shot.

I like Lachlan and I appreciate what he’s done so far but I want him to move on. If he’s definitely not putting in any more money then we can’t take the next step with him in charge.

Hopefully someone that’s not a complete nutcase buys us.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Yeah, that's right. He was the scapegoat for the fans for a little while.

I also remember him hitting the bar from about 35 yards out in the League Cup game were we outplayed Dunfermline for 120 minutes only to lose on penalties. It was the game of Caddis' two missed penalties.

Having briefly chatted to the guy in the hospitality suite a couple of times when he played for us, I'd not be too fussed if Peter Murphy got the job. He spoke very well and put me in my place a couple of times when I expressed a view about one or two players. It'll depend on how he interviews and if he can assemble his own coaching staff.

As some have said on here, Murphy's done well at Annan but is that enough and what have we learned regarding the appointment of McCall and if that process worked (plainly for some it did but McCall, even in his time at Ayr, had his detractors on occasion).

I hope Cameron spreads the net wide and takes plenty of advice from others at the club including, dare I say it, some of the senior players.

Having briefly chatted to the guy in the hospitality suite a couple of times when he played for us, I'd not be too fussed if Peter Murphy got the job. He spoke very well and put me in my place a couple of times when I expressed a view about one or two players. It'll depend on how he interviews and if he can assemble his own coaching staff.
As some have said on here, Murphy's done well at Annan but is that enough and what have we learned regarding the appointment of McCall and if that process worked (plainly for some it did but McCall, even in his time at Ayr, had his detractors on occasion).
I hope Cameron spreads the net wide and takes plenty of advice from others at the club including, dare I say it, some of the senior players.

Talking of senior players, Doolan spoke very highly of Sandy Stewart tonight. He’s not changed anything so far and all the lads are quite happy with him and his training.

All he’s got to do is not f**k up the next 3 games and the job is his imo.

8 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I liked Murphy as a player and would be quite pleased with him if he was appointed. His reading of games and anticipation as a centre back were very good and these are also useful attributes for a manager to have.

I don't know what kind of football his teams play though.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Talking of senior players, Doolan spoke very highly of Sandy Stewart tonight. He’s not changed anything so far and all the lads are quite happy with him and his training.

All he’s got to do is not f**k up the next 3 games and the job is his imo.

I think for the moment it's important to keep the positive momentum going and avoid changing too much. Sandy Stewart is familiar to the players and knows them and what makes the team tick and I would imagine that his methods wouldn't deviate much from the previous manager.

Putting someone else into the mix, who might have different methods or ideas about how a team should play, could endanger the momentum that the team has created. SS is a safe and capable pair of hands for leading the team at the moment. Whether he should get the job permanently depends on what happens in the next few weeks , but I'm sure that everyone of a black and white persuasion is fully behind him.