Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

This might be a crazy idea but do we need the traditional manager who does everything how about keeping SS as first team coach assisted by Kerr and maybe Bell and bringing in a kind of director of football who can do all the admin stuff that McCall was doing and oversee recruitment etc by all accounts McCall took very little with the training of the players anyways not sure about tactics and so but I'm sure that would have been a team effort with SS Scally.

Heard from a decent source today that Tommy Sloan is applying for the Ayr job. Undoubtedly a very good manager, speaking to a committee member at another junior club, he said he is the most prepared, analytical  coach you'll ever meet. 

Still a massive gamble but if you were going to get a manager from the juniors, you'd want undoubtedly want the best (ever) one.*

*this is in no way an endorsement of Tommy Sloans appointment as manager of Ayr United Football Club now or at any time in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

This might be a crazy idea but do we need the traditional manager who does everything how about keeping SS as first team coach assisted by Kerr and maybe Bell and bringing in a kind of director of football who can do all the admin stuff that McCall was doing and oversee recruitment etc by all accounts McCall took very little with the training of the players anyways not sure about tactics and so but I'm sure that would have been a team effort with SS Scally.

Not a crazy idea at all but "Robbo" stated earlier on here that the directors were picking up a lot of the boring stuff that McCall used to do now . That's why I'm ok with SS as our football guy helped by Kerr (skills) and a yet to be named lump to do Scallly's job (tub thumping) .. As many have said there isn't much needing changed and the team is picking its self at the moment . Just need somebody who wont lose the dressing room or disrupt our morale and momentum .

36 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Heard from a decent source today that Tommy Sloan is applying for the Ayr job. Undoubtedly a very good manager, speaking to a committee member at another junior club, he said he is the most prepared, analytical  coach you'll ever meet. 

Still a massive gamble but if you were going to get a manager from the juniors, you'd want undoubtedly want the best (ever) one.*

*this is in no way an endorsement of Tommy Sloans appointment as manager of Ayr United Football Club now or at any time in the future. 

Can’t see it tbh, Tucker has a decent job away from football as a foreman I’m sure and is quite happy combining that with managing a junior powerhouse 

IF and it’s a monumental if we were to lower ourselves to the junior level then he’s the only one I’d be happy with Cameron even giving an interview to.

I’m in no way convinced he’s good enough for this level.

IF and it’s a monumental if we were to lower ourselves to the junior level then he’s the only one I’d be happy with Cameron even giving an interview to.

I’m in no way convinced he’s good enough for this level.

Good enough to mastermind a comfortable win against us remember.

Good enough to mastermind a comfortable win against us remember.  

It was a cup shock. There’s been hundreds of them throughout time but it doesn’t automatically mean that the manager of that team is anything above that level.

For the record I think he could do a very decent job in League 2 or perhaps even League 1.

It was a cup shock. There’s been hundreds of them throughout time but it doesn’t automatically mean that the manager of that team is anything above that level.

For the record I think he could do a very decent job in League 2 or perhaps even League 1.
The disdain that some fans have for the juniors is amusing.

It was an incredibly predictable cup shock for anyone who watched our two previous games.

The disdain that some fans have for the juniors is amusing.

It was an incredibly predictable cup shock for anyone who watched our two previous games.

I don’t have any real disdain for them but there’s a clear gap between the Championship and the Juniors. You can’t seriously deny that.

We were absolutely awful that day and still had enough chances to win.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, D said:

I don’t have any real disdain for them but there’s a clear gap between the Championship and the Juniors. You can’t seriously deny that.

We were absolutely awful that day and still had enough chances to win.

A gap, yes. But not a particularly big one.

It is a big gap.  One flukey win doesn't alter that. Amongst others, they've been put out by Stirling,  Stranraer, Edinburgh City (when they were non-league) and Cumbernauld Colts.

99/100 Ayr comfortably beat Talbot. On that day however we were really awful and Talbot fully deserved their win. Keep Tommy in his bubble of junior football. Talbot love being the big fish in a small pond hence why they haven't made any attempt to get into the Lowland League.