Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The more I'm hearing about McCall the more I'm getting very annoyed at both him and Thistle for basically screwing us over.

You can read it however you like but the bottom line is that our Manager and coaching staff have been tapped up by a rival club in the same division in the middle of a season (ok, not quite middle) and they've also used their media connections to make it all look like a nice friendly approach where the poor guy was fighting his head and heart as they placed him with this terrible dilemma of staying at his beloved Ayr or returning to his first love where he has "unfinished business".

PISH.

We've been well and truly screwed over here by both McCall and Partick and quite frankly I hope they are relegated and McCall, Scally and anyone else who defects has a miserable time and ultimately lose their jobs.

Bitter ?

Indeed, now what was the price of these blow up snakes on Amazon again ????

It's happened to other clubs before and I'm sure it'll happen again.

Every club does the old tapping up thing to some extent or another whether it be for new players or managers.

The club that "loses" out always has the right to complain but in truth we might be doing it in the next few weeks with somebody else's manager.

That doesn't excuse it or make it right but it does go on at all levels of the game.

Like when the best looking girl (alright maybe the 4th or 5th) at High School, realises what a nerd you are and chucks you without warning, they've gone for good, no point in being bitter, it's time to look forward and move on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Edited by BukyOHare

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

It's happened to other clubs before and I'm sure it'll happen again.

Every club does the old tapping up thing to some extent or another whether it be for new players or managers.

The club that "loses" out always has the right to complain but in truth we might be doing it in the next few weeks with somebody else's manager.

That doesn't excuse it or make it right but it does go on at all levels of the game.

Like when the best looking girl (alright maybe the 4th or 5th) at High School, realises what a nerd you are and chucks you without warning, they've gone for good, it's time to look forward and move on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

That's true, but it's also a god given right to be angry and bitter (good for the soul) and plus the fact I've now got my heart set on a large inflatable snake................

Just now, pandarilla said:

Wattoo has went full Morton.

You never want to go full Morton.

This is True, however in my defence I did work in IBM for a good few years so a little must have rubbed off on me.

If I ever end up like VT though, could someone please delete my profile ??

All McCall needed to do was say look Partick are a bigger club, have a higher profile for attracting players have better facilities are going to have a bigger budget plus I really love the club (unfortunate all of those statements are true) this might be my last chance at a club like Partick thanks for the memories but I'm off and we would have been disappointed but would understand, what's pissing off folk is the really underhand nature that is now comming out of the woodwork, we stood by McCall when we went down without a whimper a few seasons ago when a lot of fans wanted him sacked but the comments of the last few years about I owe Cameron this will my last job etc have killed for a lot of supporters the feeling he was our best manager since Ally

All McCall needed to do was say look Partick are a bigger club, have a higher profile for attracting players have better facilities are going to have a bigger budget plus I really love the club (unfortunate all of those statements are true) this might be my last chance at a club like Partick thanks for the memories but I'm off and we would have been disappointed but would understand, what's pissing off folk is the really underhand nature that is now comming out of the woodwork, we stood by McCall when we went down without a whimper a few seasons ago when a lot of fans wanted him sacked but the comments of the last few years about I owe Cameron this will my last job etc have killed for a lot of supporters the feeling he was our best manager since Ally
I think he's paid us back for sticking by him. And to be fair, that was a minority of fans, and they were just wrong.

We weren't doing him a favour. We just figured he was probably the best bet to fix things.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think he's paid us back for sticking by him. And to be fair, that was a minority of fans, and they were just wrong.

We weren't doing him a favour. We just figured he was probably the best bet to fix things.

I was one that was wrong, I'm now questioning whether I was/we were fair on all our previous managers.

Edited by ayrmad

What grates me is nobody wanted to touch McCall with a barge pole and we gave him a chance and a way back into football after so long in the wilderness. Loyalty is long gone in football as we all know but I expected more from him. Wonder what kind of reception he’ll get at Somerset on the 2nd 

He was with you for five years fs! What more do you want? He wasn’t going to stay at AU forever constantly losing his best players and having his budget reduced. Five years is a good return for the chance you gave him.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

The more I'm hearing about McCall the more I'm getting very annoyed at both him and Thistle for basically screwing us over.

You can read it however you like but the bottom line is that our Manager and coaching staff have been tapped up by a rival club in the same division in the middle of a season (ok, not quite middle) and they've also used their media connections to make it all look like a nice friendly approach where the poor guy was fighting his head and heart as they placed him with this terrible dilemma of staying at his beloved Ayr or returning to his first love where he has "unfinished business".

PISH.

We've been well and truly screwed over here by both McCall and Partick and quite frankly I hope they are relegated and McCall, Scally and anyone else who defects has a miserable time and ultimately lose their jobs.

Bitter ?

Indeed, now what was the price of these blow up snakes on Amazon again ????

He was close to joining falkirk last year, deal was agreed with Kerr as assistant. Your chairman persuaded him to stay as he'd helped him with his gambling debts. 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What grates me is nobody wanted to touch McCall with a barge pole and we gave him a chance and a way back into football after so long in the wilderness. Loyalty is long gone in football as we all know but I expected more from him. Wonder what kind of reception he’ll get at Somerset on the 2nd 

What more do you want from the man, we've fired folk on the buroo at the drop of a hat before, loyalty goes both ways and only ever goes so far, I've no doubt that he was genuine in his utterances about Lachlan and Ayr for the vast majority of his tenure, Unfortunately the situation at Partick and his new found ambition have fallen at the same time.

I'm just hoping his new found ambition isn't the 1st signs of his demons returning, can't ever take them for granted.

4 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

He was with you for five years fs! What more do you want? He wasn’t going to stay at AU forever constantly losing his best players and having his budget reduced. Five years is a good return for the chance you gave him.

Good post, a crown of thorns and a good flogging won't be enough for some.

f**k sake you've made stewarty look reasonable. That's how far down the rabbit hole we are here.

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

It’s not like we didn’t say if we wanted McCall we’d get him. 

I remember another set of fans posting shite like that last season, just can't remember which ones.

Edited by ayrmad