Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

28 minutes ago, Chief1 said:

With regards to the timing, it wouldn't surprise me if McCall and Thistle spoke the previous weekend at Doolan's testimonial game. A couple of days later, Caldwell is punted and then we hear McCall is considering the job and he has got 2 assistants already lined up to start with him.

It started around 4-5 weeks ago but McCall had to wait until Caldwell got the sack obviously.

Straight after the last game we beat thistle, listen to his comments on Ayr media

Anyway its a bit like the Rogers thing they have both left the clubs in good shape,and I said before we’ve lost a good PrMan for himself and the club, and I think we’ll be fine going forward

15 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Straight after the last game we beat thistle, listen to his comments on Ayr media

Anyway its a bit like the Rogers thing they have both left the clubs in good shape,and I said before we’ve lost a good PrMan for himself and the club, and I think we’ll be fine going forward

McCall is getting off lightly compared to how the Celtic fans feel about Rodgers!

10 hours ago, ayrmad said:

St Mirren were tailed off at one stage, that means it's impossible for Dumbarton to have had a better survival, I don't even think I've mentioned JR.

Your just making shit up to suit your argument now, 3 wins was actually 5 and now Dumbarton were seemingly out of it before rallying.

Says the person who said on the honestpage we shouldn't sign Alan Lithgow because he'd molest kids. 

Just watched the interview with SS.
Thought it was a bit strange he dodged the question over whether he wanted the job permanently. 
Also a bit worrying that we will only have 3 subs again.

If he comes out and says he wants it, and then doesn’t get it, it might not look great him remaining on the coaching staff. A bit like Archibald at Thistle although not as much of a riddy.

He’ll know that if he does well in the next 3 games the job will be his.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Just watched the interview with SS.

Thought it was a bit strange he dodged the question over whether he wanted the job permanently. 

Also a bit worrying that we will only have 3 subs again.

100% what I was thinking . I have the feeling Mr McCall is still working behind the scenes .

I mean ,I have a feeling that Mr McCall is keen on taking SS to Firhill ..........Just a hunch nothing more ....

Ah ok

I’d be pretty surprised given he already has 2 coaches. Is there any team in this league with more than 2 first team coaches? Besides goalie coaches of course?

9 minutes ago, railwayend said:

100% what I was thinking . I have the feeling Mr McCall is still working behind the scenes .

I would doubt it based on the passive aggressive comments Cameron has been coming out with. 

Thought Stewart was a but shy and uncomfortable during that and it is maybe why he has been happy to be a coach/ assistant all these years. The guy clearly knows how to coach. He has a month to make the job his own and if we win most weeks..........I don't care how he interviews. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ah ok

I’d be pretty surprised given he already has 2 coaches. Is there any team in this league with more than 2 first team coaches? Besides goalie coaches of course?

I take it he was with him at Airdrie but he's been with Owen Coyle since. McCall seems to be fairly loyal to former players and staff who did him a job before. I was slightly surprised that he took Scally over Sandy Stewart if he was only taking one. 

Sandy is a class coach ,check his CV : Blackburn , Bolton , Wigan , Burnley etc etc  ... Would McCall truly take Scally over Sandy . ?? Doesn't make that much sense . Hopefully I'm well off the mark here as I really think we're on the cusp of something special if SS take us on ....

29 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Sandy is a class coach ,check his CV : Blackburn , Bolton , Wigan , Burnley etc etc  ... Would McCall truly take Scally over Sandy . ?? Doesn't make that much sense . Hopefully I'm well off the mark here as I really think we're on the cusp of something special if SS take us on ....

SS was never going with MCCall , Scally will always be his bitch 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Says the person who said on the honestpage we shouldn't sign Alan Lithgow because he'd molest kids. 

Posting more shit now, I wasn't too keen on signing him but I'm not convinced I posted that and I've no way of checking, you're posting reeks of desperation now, it's easier just to accept that you were making it all up earlier on.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Posting more shit now, I wasn't too keen on signing him but I'm not convinced I posted that and I've no way of checking, you're posting reeks of desperation now, it's easier just to accept that you were making it all up earlier on.

You did, you went on for days about it as well, going on about studies you had read online about it. There are a few ways of viewing archived websites if you are so inclined.

There is no desperation either, The facts are, Jack Ross spent more than any team in the league and avoided finishing in the bottom two by goal difference despite having taken over after nine games. According to transfermarkt.com He signed 11 (eleven) players in his first season but you are right, he didn't sign many players in his second season, here is the list of players he signed

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/transfers/verein/465/plus/0?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

But I am sure you will dispute all of it

Edited by diegomarahenry

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would doubt it based on the passive aggressive comments Cameron has been coming out with. 

Thought Stewart was a but shy and uncomfortable during that and it is maybe why he has been happy to be a coach/ assistant all these years. The guy clearly knows how to coach. He has a month to make the job his own and if we win most weeks..........I don't care how he interviews. 

His demeanour will matter if he can't sell his vision for the club to signing targets or persuade players to stay who have options at the end of the season. For now it's no problem though.