Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

10 minutes ago, Iain said:

His demeanour will matter if he can't sell his vision for the club to signing targets or persuade players to stay who have options at the end of the season. For now it's no problem though.

You are probably right, Ricky Sbragia springs to mind. Great coach but was very quiet in interviews and never made it very long as his own man. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

You did, you went on for days about it as well, going on about studies you had read online about it. There are a few ways of viewing archived websites if you are so inclined.

There is no desperation either, The facts are, Jack Ross spent more than any team in the league and avoided finishing in the bottom two by goal difference despite having taken over after nine games. According to transfermarkt.com He signed 11 (eleven) players in his first season but you are right, he didn't sign many players in his second season, here is the list of players he signed

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-mirren-fc/transfers/verein/465/plus/0?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

But I am sure you will dispute all of it

I've no doubt I posted pish for days, used to indulge in spells of bawbaggery fairly regularly, still don't think I posted a line as stark as you've attributed.

A very long list you're attributing to Ross that summer, he actually only signed a few that summer that played regularly in the league(more than I thought IIBH) unless you're counting all those that returned after being there in the 16/17 season.

Not that it matters, they were getting the crowds that allowed them to outspend teams like Ayr comfortably that season.

Spending lots of cash doesn't equate to guaranteed success in this league, Hibs, Rangers and Dundee United have all spunked lots of cash and not went up in recent seasons.

Robbo could maybe answer this one, but was it Sandy Stewart who was responsible / at least partly responsible for our change of style to the current model ?

If it was, then I'd be pulling out all the stops to give him the top job permanently or alternatively get him tied down on a long term contract (assuming he'd want it) as 1st team coach.

It's actually quite interesting as to my mind our change of style has not only produced results but it's added extra dimensions to individual players abilities. I'd single out the likes of Doc, Forrest and Moff as the three who have most benefited and of course young Luke also fits in to his role perfectly and it brings the best of his individual ability out.

As I say, if Stewart is responsible for this then he's worth his weight in gold..............

7 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Are we now at the "moving on" stage of our break up? Hopefully, onward and upwards! 

Exactly, you can’t change the past but can always influence the future , next 4 weeks is Sandy Stewart’s time to influence that , WATTOO I can’t answer the question but looking at who’s out there I honestly hope the current temp team have a successful 3 games , Brannigan by the way is a very good influence in dressing rooms a larger than life character, don’t go by the number of clubs he had been at as a downside , take it as a positive as the management team at those clubs all wanted him , Brannigan is only on a short term contract so don’t read too much into it , the right man to take club forward will get the position 

Edited by Robbo63

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Exactly, you can’t change the past but can always influence the future , next 4 weeks is Sandy Stewart’s time to influence that , WATTOO I can’t answer the question but looking at who’s out there I honestly hope the current temp team have a successful 3 games , Brannigan by the way is a very good influence in dressing rooms a larger than life character, don’t go by the number of clubs he had been at as a downside , take it as a positive as the management team at those clubs all wanted him , Brannigan is only on a short term contract so don’t read too much into it , the right man to take club forward will get the position 

No probs, Cheers Robbo.

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If SS can get 7 points from these next 3 games the he will be nailed on for the job and would well deserve it particularly if he can get 3 points against Cally Thistle I honestly can't remember when we last beat them

We beat them (Then Hearts and St Mirren) the year we got to Hampden. That's the last time I can remember.