Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

The club may have been happy to employ him on a rolling contract on the off chance that he was sacked, in which case it would have been cheaper to pay him off than if he was on a long-term contract.

He would have been given this season regardless of we started poorly anyway so not really any reason for him to not at least have a one year contract.

I think too much is being read into the rolling contract. Whether he was on that or a 2 year deal, Cameron has always said he wouldn’t stand in his way. It’s lower league Scottish football so it’s never going to be more than a 5 figure sum of compo. Very much doubt the figure we’ll get would change had he been on a “proper” contract.

I think too much is being read into the rolling contract. Whether he was on that or a 2 year deal, Cameron has always said he wouldn’t stand in his way. It’s lower league Scottish football so it’s never going to be more than a 5 figure sum of compo. Very much doubt the figure we’ll get would change had he been on a “proper” contract.

At the same time though, he’s Partick’s first choice (one of their other choices in Lennon isn’t interested) and they’re clearly desperate so we should at least be looking at a decent five figure sum.

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Surprised McCall ain't been announced at Partick yet, thought it would have been first thing this morning.

Don’t think they are going to announce until compensation is discussed  , as technically McCall is not yet their manager , he has not been sacked or resigned as far as I am led to believe from us , he has accepted their offer but more to it than that , he has only recently left Somerset so likely announce when he is actually at Firhill 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t think they are going to announce until compensation is discussed  , as technically McCall is not yet their manager , he has not been sacked or resigned as far as I am led to believe from us , he has accepted their offer but more to it than that , he has only recently left Somerset so likely announce when he is actually at Firhill 

Tears and snotters all round?

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

Tears and snotters all round?

Guy totally gutted that he had say bye to a team he built , true professional and left I believe on good terms , praised the board and certainly appreciated what Ayr has done for him , he is going on his heart and wishes us well ,this information is through an interview available on line with the AP 

Edited by Robbo63

13 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

What's Brian Reid up to? Could do a better job second time around?

I liked him first time round, but he was the anti-McCall in that his teams laboured to 2nd place in League 1, got promoted and were swiftly relegated but he had decent cup runs. 

His teams played boring football at times too.

McCall was the opposite. A couple of really good league campaigns, an exciting team but disappointment in the cups.

The leagues are our bread and butter and I'll always take a good campaign there over the cups.

3 minutes ago, Leonard Cohen said:

I liked him first time round, but he was the anti-McCall in that his teams laboured to 2nd place in League 1, got promoted and were swiftly relegated but he had decent cup runs. 

McCall was the opposite. A couple of really good league campaigns, an exciting team but disappointment in the cups.

The leagues are our bread and butter and I'll always take a good campaign there over the cups.

To be fair, it was only the Scottish cup that gave McCall trouble and mostly because we enter during the annual winter swoon.

Sandy Stewart #1 for me but frankly anyone coming in who can promote and continue playing the type of football that we're accustomed to.

Let's be honest, we won't tolerate hoofball at Somerset, never have done and never will................

Aye I wasn't being entirely serious... haha I'm in the Coyle, Hendry and Stewart camp!

Can I just ask what the obsession is with John Henry?
He was a good coach with us so could help to steady the ship in this post McCall era? (If it needs steadying). Knows the place, and has worked relatively successfully with some of the current playing staff. Just a thought on this strange day!