Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

Dargo?

He’s still at the club I think but that would 100% be the cheapest option we could go for.

Not saying it wouldn’t work but it would take a lot of convincing to the fans that they weren’t doing it just to save cash.

If we’re appointing anyone internally then it’ll be Sandy Stewart.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s still at the club I think but that would 100% be the cheapest option we could go for.

Not saying it wouldn’t work but it would take a lot of convincing to the fans that they weren’t doing it just to save cash.

If we’re appointing anyone internally then it’ll be Sandy Stewart.

Craig Dargo is with the academy rather than the club. 

There will never be another Ally McLeod, but we could match his profile:-

Played for Blackburn Rovers and Ayr united; age, mid 30's when first appointed; eloquent speaker in front of the camera, able to motivate and command respect; never known failure as a manager:-

Produces: Peter Murphy current manager of Annan Athletic.

What Peter Murphy has achieved with Annan could be considered impressive given the limitations on the players and funds available. Plus we could probably afford him and he would relish the opportunity.

One for the shortlist.

Wildcard candidate could be James McFadden. Been coaching with Scotland so may have interest in a management career. He's inexperienced so likely to accept Sandy Stewart as first team coach and his name could be a draw for players that grew up watching him for Scotland which would help him get a foot in the door with recruitment.

Wildcard candidate could be James McFadden. Been coaching with Scotland so may have interest in a management career. He's inexperienced so likely to accept Sandy Stewart as first team coach and his name could be a draw for players that grew up watching him for Scotland which would help him get a foot in the door with recruitment.
I like the sound of this

36 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

There will never be another Ally McLeod, but we could match his profile:-

Played for Blackburn Rovers and Ayr united; age, mid 30's when first appointed; eloquent speaker in front of the camera, able to motivate and command respect; never known failure as a manager:-

Produces: Peter Murphy current manager of Annan Athletic.

What Peter Murphy has achieved with Annan could be considered impressive given the limitations on the players and funds available. Plus we could probably afford him and he would relish the opportunity.

One for the shortlist.

Hiya Peter Murphy! Welcome to P&B. Good luck with your application. 

20 minutes ago, Iain said:

Sounds like our reasoning when we appointed JJ (with Houston as his assistant). 

He's actually got to have a clue what he's doing though. 

McFadden has never struck me as one of football's great thinkers.

Probably one of the dullest pundits on the tele as well.

I’m all for giving a younger guy a go but I was thinking more along the lines of Maurice Ross or even Stephen Craigan.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is a whole host of former Scottish internationals making great strides in management, Barry Ferguson, Gary Caldwell, Paul Hartley, Steven Prestley............Could McFadden buck the trend?

Doubt it

Harsh on Hartley. Did excellent work at Alloa, had Dundee performing the best they have since the early 00s and is now cruising the league with Cove. Falkirk was an unmitigated disaster, but harsh to lump him in with the others.