Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

McCall did well for us but was a deeply flawed manager during his time, long periods in all but one season of terrible form, constant injury crisis but always managed to sign well enough to counter his faults.  I think we can do better, is better available just now though? 
Thats the problem I see. Is there better? If we got the right appointment then who knows where this squad could end up. But many of the names mentioned so far make me shudder

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think we can do better, is better available just now though? 

I don't think so tbh...

How do Peter Murphy's Annan team play? We need a manager who buys into playing football on the deck. That said, we would even contemplate paying compo?

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Just appoint your assistant,  whoever that is, to continue the good work. You don't want some ambitious manager thinking he could do better. Ayr are at maximum just now.

I disagree with the last bit. You sound like our board.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If McCall has recommended names to Cameron then Owen Coyle might be in the frame.

He’ll be looking to revive his career somewhere and has worked closely with Sandy Stewart before.

I'm sure he has and I'm sure Hughes & Duffy are at the top of that list

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If McCall has recommended names to Cameron then Owen Coyle might be in the frame.

He’ll be looking to revive his career somewhere and has worked closely with Sandy Stewart before.

Whatever you think about him leaving, there's no debating the fact that McCall has a vested interest in Ayr being worse under their next manager than they were under him.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Archibald would be a good call , I think he would rather manage than be an assistant for the next 3 years along side Scally 

Would image McCall is going to steady the dugout in the next year or 2 and then move into a director of football and Archie will become head coach, could be wrong though.

If Archibald was available i'd take him.

I'd take Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart, Coyle is proven down south and i believe his Ross County spell was a blip as he entered a shambles.

Other possibilty for me would be to give it to Stewart on a permanant for this season, see how it went, we could do a lot worse, plus what is John Henry doing these days, Stewart and Henry could be a good combo.

Complete fairytale would be Jack Ross who is seemingly about to get sacked at Sunderland and tbh probably will need to come back to Scotland to resurrect his career.

John Hughes been mentioned a lot but has built a reputation with falling out with players and his last spell at this level with Raith Rovers was a disaster.

Also Terry Buthcer?