Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

Very impressed with the interview with Michael McCardle, i think it's a shrewd appointment and will have a great impact on the team. Also like the tactical analysis side of him because with a lot of teams in this league probably using data to monitor opponents i think we were getting left behind in that aspect and i think that showed most at set pieces, something we've been terrible at attacking and defending IMHO.

He certainly talks a good game so lets hope that transpires from good work with players on the training pitch to good performances on match day, time will tell.

Only thing for me is sounds as if he's going to be doing a hell of a lot of work, could compare it to the amount that under McCall was split up between Scally and Stewart, still think another coach is required in there to help out.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Only thing for me is sounds as if he's going to be doing a hell of a lot of work, could compare it to the amount that under McCall was split up between Scally and Stewart, still think another coach is required in there to help out.

I imagine with Sandy leaving we will see one more backroom appointment.

24 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Yer da's gonna da.

It surely didn't come as a surprise when you saw me coming across as a tad cynical about all this statistical nonsense.

Voodoo I tell you !!!

In fairness I'd EXPECT any Manager / Coach whether old school new school or anything else school to be checking out their opponents and also looking over their own performances to see what went wrong / right and what could be done differently, that's just common sense.

I also wouldn't think that you need to review stats to understand or appreciate that McCowan is completely left sided and needs work on his right foot and overall balance.

Nothing really changes though, it's just people in every generation think they've cracked it and their way is new and the best, however you tend to find it's just an old idea regurgitated and made to look groundbreaking when really it isn't.

Trust me, I've come across it in my own business life time and time and time again as I'm sure many of us have.

Still, if we win games then I'm all for it, whatever it is........................

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think if  this were to happen he will look at some support from his mentor ,

Personally I don’t want the Judas having any involvement with Ayr United. Can’t understand why he’d want to help a rival out either regardless of whether he used to manage him. 

Unless by mentor your talking about Houston?

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He has had 18 years experience in football coaching ,  I would think he has some knowledge after all those years !!!!!!

I can only go with his CV, but I don’t see a scrap of evidence that he has 18 years experience as a coach.  Seems to have held a variety of football and non-football roles during that time with little indication if any  that he has any real experience of coaching, recruiting or managing that strange breed of human we call professional footballers.  Mostly it seems like boys club coaching plus running youth academies, which as I said sounds more like a general manager role to me.  

I’m sure this guy is an effective academy manager though, so hopefully he can move things forward on that front as frankly, the record of our own academy at producing first team players has been pretty woeful.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Personally I don’t want the Judas having any involvement with Ayr United. Can’t understand why he’d want to help a rival out either regardless of whether he used to manage him. 

Unless by mentor your talking about Houston?

Who mentioned Judas , of course he would not have someone currently with a team in the same league , common sense prevails , the guy is very intelligent and knows who to go to 

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Who mentioned Judas , of course he would not have someone currently with a team in the same league , common sense prevails , the guy is very intelligent and knows who to go to 

I would think he'll call on Mr Smith as well when needed.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone else think that BBC Scotland may be jacking in the Fri night games? There’s been no announcement of the next batch they’re going to show and the last Fri game  for them is next week! 

Hope so , every club is losing money and in the majority of games travelling fans are approx 50/60% down on a Saturday game , rumour has it that there will be no more than 100/150 Dundee fans tomorrow, if it was on Saturday at least 200/300

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Hope so , every club is losing money and in the majority of games travelling fans are approx 50/60% down on a Saturday game , rumour has it that there will be no more than 100/150 Dundee fans tomorrow, if it was on Saturday at least 200/300

Personally, I thought it ruined last season a bit for me.