Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup semi final.

Flybhoy

Just now, gannonball said:

Think the fact we were tested at times by Hibs will stand us good stead for Thursday. Lazio are also playing tonight is also handy for us too.

Just thought we were tested far too easily. Quite a panicky performance from Ajer generally and our shape at the back was poor, particularly near the end.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Overheard a funny interaction at the bar in The Woods (pub near Central, rather than the actual woods😞

Steaming Hibs fan - “Well mate, I don’t care who wins today as long as they smash those *** b*****ds in the final”

Random guy - “Those what?”

Hibs fan - “Yer no a Rangers supporter are ye?”

Random guy - “Yes”

*Uncomfortable silence*

@RandomGuy big team found.

Just now, The OP said:

Just thought we were tested far too easily. Quite a panicky performance from Ajer generally and our shape at the back was poor, particularly near the end.

I love Ajer but he has had a few shakey moments of late. Could do with being rested the odd game here and there as he has played a lot of games for a guy who is only 21. In fact 180 senior games according to wiki. With Bitton back fit hopefully he gets the odd rest.

10 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Scott Brown, what a lad.

Whoever scouted Frimpong deserved a good bonus, £300k!

Unlikely but would love to keep Elyounessi, some player.

You will surely already have a deal in place that means you can keep him for a certain fee.

You won’t just be getting used to get him match fit.

It will all be agreed as part of the loan deal.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You will surely already have a deal in place that means you can keep him for a certain fee.

You won’t just be getting used to get him match fit.

It will all be agreed as part of the loan deal.

Nah Im pretty sure there is no deal agreed. The guy cost 18 million just over a year ago so he will most likely be out of our price range.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah Im pretty sure there is no deal agreed. The guy cost 18 million just over a year ago so he will most likely be out of our price range.

I would doubt that he would cost £18m now though as he’s not been vfm for Soton.

You will have a deal in place for c.£12.

Lawell has enough business acumen to ensure a deal was in place.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I would doubt that he would cost £18m now though as he’s not been vfm for Soton.

You will have a deal in place for c.£12.

Lawell has enough business acumen to ensure a deal was in place.

We signed him pretty last minute in the transfer window so I doubt it to be honest. He's also most likely on wages that we cant afford anyway. This is most likely a deal for us to get a player out with our range for a season and for him to get used to British style football or using us as a shop window. Some folk moan about loans but he's an upgrade on anything we have on the left so its a no brainer for me. 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We signed him pretty last minute in the transfer window so I doubt it to be honest. He's also most likely on wages that we cant afford anyway. This is most likely a deal for us to get a player out with our range for a season and for him to get used to British style football or using us as a shop window. Some folk moan about loans but he's an upgrade on anything we have on the left so its a no brainer for me. 

When you put it like that I suppose you are correct.

He’s probably more likely to end up at a top end championship club after impressing up here.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Left at 4-1 like a many other hibs fans and was surprised to see Celtic fans leaving when they were 4-1 up in a semi-final. 

I wasn't surprised at all. M6.png.603820d926b735635d594e2a0516e745.png

Timothy are slowly coming to terms with the fact that all this success is hollow as f**k and ultimately meaningless. It's nothing more than a procession for them.

Singing for ten minutes about "bye bye Rangers" when your team are playing in a national cup semi final. Oddballs. M2.png.bda599c7a99ea3587f5720679c093f35.png

I wasn't surprised at all. M6.png.603820d926b735635d594e2a0516e745.png 

Singing for ten minutes about "bye bye Rangers" when your team are playing in a national cup semi final. Oddballs. M2.png.bda599c7a99ea3587f5720679c093f35.png

Your biggest rivals are spunking £10m a year down the toilet and need the same to see the season out, ye, surprising we take great joy in that.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Your biggest rivals are spunking £10m a year down the toilet and need the same to see the season out, ye, surprising we take great joy in that.

If you ever catch me talking - let alone singing in a stadium - about Hearts' finances, you can strap me in a chair and fly me to Switzerland. M8.png.b5347b037b7d4e5d8b8f4d1ce33a09b4.png

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I thought they weren't actually Rangers any more?