St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 28th Sept 3pm

18 minutes ago, Templar said:

From the tv it looked like Davidson took McCann position and Swanson took Davidsons position no change in formation

Not sure what you mean by Davidson taking McCann's position. They were both playing in central midfield. Davidson was given a lot more license to get forward today, but he wasn't playing primarily in the hole behind the striker which is the position Swanson was initially brought on for.

Excellent result today, chuffed for Cole getting on the scoresheet especially after the (supposed) miss of the century. Idiotic from Donnelly to stamp on Kane so can have no complaints about the red card. All in all a good day especially with Aberdeen and Livingston getting beat, I’m away to look out my passport......

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Donnelly sent off for wiping out Kane off the ball in injury time but finishes 1 nil to Motherwell.

He stamped on Kanes knee as he lay on the ground.

Christ, 7 (seven) games on the bounce without a win? From the sound of the radio, it was a classic "we're getting relegated"-type of performance. A penalty, multiple great chances, Motherwell seemingly trying to throw away the game by the end, and not getting so much as a point by the end. Best wishes.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Wild stupidity from Donnelly, it looked like. Couldn't really tell if he'd meant it but judging from the posts above, we'll be missing him for three games. Idiot.

That said, decent result at a place we've been consistently shite at and we're into third. Campbell and Polworth great.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Christ, 7 (seven) games on the bounce without a win? From the sound of the radio, it was a classic "we're getting relegated"-type of performance. A penalty, multiple great chances, Motherwell seemingly trying to throw away the game by the end, and not getting so much as a point by the end. Best wishes.

Aye.

Routine of Saints game.

Slog away matching opponents -> give away stupid fucking goal -> look like you're beginning to dominate, but really it's just because the opposition have decided to protect their lead -> miss the one decent chance you create all match -> lose.

We're down. That's our strongest team and we lost that with a fucking whimper.

Looked far from deliberate from where I was, not sure about the collision as it looked like they just ran into each other and Donnelly did stand on him but didn't look to be a deliberate stamp.

Found it telling that the linesman who gave it ran straight down the tunnel at the end.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

This Saints team won’t get relegated. 

Complete delusion.

This is the worst Saints team we've had in about 15 years, and I dont care how many attacking players you can name. The defending, week in, week out, is embarrassing. That goal conceded today was pathetic.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

This Saints team won’t get relegated. Having said that, I’m mildly concerned about us and I’m not confident about our chances of beating Ross County next week.

The individual players should be good enough to stay up but I don’t see much of a team there at the moment. Bearing in mind next week is game 8 of the league season and we’ve managed 1 win in 12 competitive fixtures and been marginally better away from home, I think next week is must win territory. We’re lucky everyone else is taking points off everyone else just above us at the moment because I can’t see us pulling back any big gaps. 

Edited by Kyle

Complete delusion.
This is the worst Saints team we've had in about 15 years, and I dont care how many attacking players you can name. The defending, week in, week out, is embarrassing. That goal conceded today was pathetic.

Hyperbole. Celtic and Rangers are considerably better than anyone else. Judging by our matches so far, the rest of us are pretty close together in terms of general quality. It’s about finding that extra bit of spark to turn those draws and narrow defeats into victories. When we get our first win, the confidence will begin to flow. The concern is how long it might take to get that first win. On paper, we should have more than enough to stay up. I agree that our defence is a worry and the weakest we’ve had in a while. I will begin to panic after we’ve played every team and nothing has changed.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Complete delusion.

Not saying this to make you feel any better but.....

Looking at the Saints starting 11 I thought it was stronger than ours. Ralston, Holt, Davidson, O’Halloran, May etc...

Stronger imho than St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County and Livi. Would b very surprised if you did not finish above all those sides.

As soon as we scored I out £15 on 2-1 St Johnstone. Very pleased for a fkin change it did not turn out that way. Lets not screw up against St Mirren next week please MWell. 

48 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Hyperbole. Celtic and Rangers are considerably better than anyone else. Judging by our matches so far, the rest of us are pretty close together in terms of general quality. It’s about finding that extra bit of spark to turn those draws and narrow defeats into victories. When we get our first win, the confidence will begin to flow. The concern is how long it might take to get that first win. On paper, we should have more than enough to stay up. I agree that our defence is a worry and the weakest we’ve had in a while. I will begin to panic after we’ve played every team and nothing has changed.

We virtually have played every side. All we have to do is County and St Mirren away, and then Hamilton and Hearts at home.

County and Hearts look better than us, St Mirren barely concede any goals and we hand opposition chances, and then Hamilton are Hamilton. 

We're already more than 3 points away from 8 sides in the division, and our goal difference is double figures away from ten sides.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, welldaft said:

Not saying this to make you feel any better but.....

Looking at the Saints starting 11 I thought it was stronger than ours. Ralston, Holt, Davidson, O’Halloran, May etc...

Stronger imho than St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County and Livi. Would b very surprised if you did not finish above all those sides.

Those sides can defend.