St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 28th Sept 3pm

Fairly even first half, with Motherwell creating three great opportunities, scoring the third. We had a couple of half chances but little more.  Could Zander be coming for that cross for the goal?  Surely a keeper has to command his six yard box.

Second half we started well, and were on top and playing okay. Then Tanser's pathetic penalty. He only just got away with similar in the league cup against County, it just looked a complete shitbag just get it on target effort.  He has been playing well this season but he has to do it the whole match. The failure to handle Morelos at rangers' first last week, and now this when we really needed a goal.

After that our heads went down and we lost our way completely.  Didn't think Motherwell were very good in all honesty, but still a fairly easy 3 points for them.

Saw enough of Holt at Aberdeen to think he'll be a good signing for us, but he was dugshite in that second half. Falling over then lying there claiming it should have been a foul, giving the ball away regularly, standing in front of folk demanding the ball but basically just getting in their way, as if he's Pirlo and everything has to go through him.  He annoyed the f**k out of me the more the game went on and should have been hooked well before McCann.

Stevie May is playing the way he can, so it's not his fault, but he's never been a lone striker and never will be.

Danny looked up for it when he came on, as did Matty. 

Not panicking yet, though obviously we're looking like we're in trouble, as it looked pretty much the same as our other home performances against Killie and Livi.  Tommy seems determined to stick with the same set up, and when he finally acknowledges it's not just going to suddenly happen for us and makes some tweaks, we might start to see improvement.

Edited by PauloPerth

4 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

If he thinks he is then he should just chuck it couldn't cross the fucking road 

The Olympic tome he has looked remotely like a footballer was through the middle 

He put in 2 decent crosses and ran at defenders, creating  space when he came on, you sir are talking pish, complete and utter pish.

You can look at individuals and squads but it means nothing. The unit on the park is the most basic fundamental and our record this season is there for all to see. Of course, we aren't helped by the fact that our most important transfer business was left until the end of August. Compare and contrast with Motherwell, their new signings have a dozen games together now, ours have barely a couple.

How are we trying to play, especially at home? We might be alright on the road this season going by the performances at Pittodrie and Easter Road (although neither of those sides is exactly tearing up trees) but the three home performances have been abject and I just don't see what we are trying to do. Can someone enlighten me please? 

As the home side, that performance wasn't good enough to win a game. I hope we see something different against Accies and Hearts. 

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Fairly even first half, with Motherwell creating three great opportunities, scoring the third. We had a couple of half chances but little more.  Could Zander be coming for that cross for the goal?  Surely a keeper has to command his six yard box.

Second half we started well, and were on top and playing okay. Then Tanser's pathetic penalty. He only just got away with similar in the league cup against County, it just looked a complete shitbag just get it on target effort.  He has been playing well this season but he has to do it the whole match. The failure to handle Morelos at rangers' first last week, and now this when we really needed a goal.

After that our heads went down and we lost our way completely.  Didn't think Motherwell were very good in all honesty, but still a fairly easy 3 points for them.

Saw enough of Holt at Aberdeen to think he'll be a good signing for us, but he was dugshite in that second half. Falling over then lying there claiming it should have been a foul, giving the ball away regularly, standing in front of folk demanding the ball but basically just getting in their way, as if he's Pirlo and everything has to go through him.  He annoyed the f**k out of me the more the game went on and should have been hooked well before McCann.

Stevie May is playing the way he can, so it's not his fault, but he's never been a lone striker and never will be.

Danny looked up for it when he came on, as did Matty. 

Not panicking yet, though obviously we're looking like we're in trouble, as it looked pretty much the same as our other home performances against Killie and Livi.  Tommy seems determined to stick with the same set up, and when he finally acknowledges it's not just going to suddenly happen for us and makes some tweaks, we might start to see improvement.

Agree with most of that. Holt certainly wasn't as composed as he was at Aberdeen but I don't mind him asking for the ball. I get the impression that he's just trying too hard and taking too much on himself, the way Kennedy was when he first joined. I think he needs more confidence in the players around him.  Thought that McCann was good again and should continue to start, as should Wright. Both need more game time I think. After me suggesting that Murray could be dropped he actually had a very good game. Should have hit the target with the second half header though, keeper was well beaten. Thought he was our best player today. Matty made an impact when he come on. I'd start him ahead of MOH, and to me Spoony would have been a better sub than Swanson who again to me lacked mobility and gave the ball away cheaply. 

Tanser's penalty was dreadful, but his free kick was our best chance of the first half and the keeper had to make a very good save. Thought he was more good than bad today. Also think there's a player in Ralston. Gordon dominated in the air but his passing seemed off today and he looked caught out for pace, which seems to be his weakness. 

Overall I had the impression of a team that just still isn't quite gelling, but the worry is that's been the case all season. Surely it has to click into place soon. Once again heading home *feeling* like there were positives and that we should have had a least a point (which we should). Panic meter has moved up another click to 4/10. I'm encouraged that if that Motherwell team can be 2 clear of Aberdeen and in third place we should be taking points in this league, but again despite seeming to have more of the ball and some good passages of play it's hard to see where the goals are coming from. 

Heard a lot of folk moaning coming out the ground saying we didn't have 'fight'. I still disagree with that. 

Agree with most of that. Holt certainly wasn't as composed as he was at Aberdeen but I don't mind him asking for the ball. I get the impression that he's just trying too hard and taking too much on himself, the way Kennedy was when he first joined. I think he needs more confidence in the players around him.  Thought that McCann was good again and should continue to start, as should Wright. Both need more game time I think. After me suggesting that Murray could be dropped he actually had a very good game. Should have hit the target with the second half header though, keeper was well beaten. Thought he was our best player today. Matty made an impact when he come on. I'd start him ahead of MOH, and to me Spoony would have been a better sub than Swanson who again to me lacked mobility and gave the ball away cheaply. 
Tanser's penalty was dreadful, but his free kick was our best chance of the first half and the keeper had to make a very good save. Thought he was more good than bad today. Also think there's a player in Ralston. Gordon dominated in the air but his passing seemed off today and he looked caught out for pace, which seems to be his weakness. 
Overall I had the impression of a team that just still isn't quite gelling, but the worry is that's been the case all season. Surely it has to click into place soon. Once again heading home *feeling* like there were positives and that we should have had a least a point (which we should). Panic meter has moved up another click to 4/10. I'm encouraged that if that Motherwell team can be 2 clear of Aberdeen and in third place we should be taking points in this league, but again despite seeming to have more of the ball and some good passages of play it's hard to see where the goals are coming from. 
Heard a lot of folk moaning coming out the ground saying we didn't have 'fight'. I still disagree with that. 

Thought Swanson played well today, so I disagree with you on that.

Dreadful today. Kane should have been on from the start,one up front is not working. Motherwell looked much stronger than us and bigger.
We just can't score and always lose the first goal. I cannot see anything beyond relegation this season.

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

If Donnelly is out for the next three games, do you think we'll now be allowed to open the packet that Casper Sloth came in? 

I'd imagine Barry Maguire is probably next in line for that position at the moment, wouldn't be a massive surprise to see The Friendly Ghost (and/or Semple) appear on the bench though.

Fwiw: I went along to the Reserves on Monday to have a swatch and Sloth was fine. A bit more dynamic than I had expected.