St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 28th Sept 3pm

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Daft by Donnelly getting involved at the end and there’s no way that’s getting overturned. Still, despite the media hype surrounding him if I had to choose a midfielder to lose for 3 games it’d be Donnelly. Imagine it’ll be O’Hara in for next week which will surely open up a place on the bench for the lesser spotted Sloth. 

Would it be 3 games?  Carrol got 2 for his upgraded red at Livi.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Would it be 3 games?  Carrol got 2 for his upgraded red at Livi.

I always thought it was an automatic 3 game ban for violent conduct. 

Could be wrong mind as I’m not actually sure of the rules but I’d have thought he’s looking at 3 matches for that. 

40 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Think your right. 2972 total

Don't do the crowdwank stuff - but I haven't missed many 'Well games in Perth since Saints came back up and yesterday felt like the smallest home support I've seen at McDiarmid for a game against us. Is there any more to it than a grim start to the season?

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

Don't do the crowdwank stuff - but I haven't missed many 'Well games in Perth since Saints came back up and yesterday felt like the smallest home support I've seen at McDiarmid for a game against us. Is there any more to it than a grim start to the season?

We've not played well at home for about four years. Probably won about 3 games in that time aswell. I'm far from supportive of the "Negative Tommy!" brigade, but if you didnt go to away games you'd barely see Saints do anything exciting.

Hopefully @Radford pops along soon to break it down exactly.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We've not played well at home for about four years. Probably won about 3 games in that time aswell. I'm far from supportive of the "Negative Tommy!" brigade, but if you didnt go to away games you'd barely see Saints do anything exciting.

Hopefully Sadford pops along soon to break it down exactly.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

What kind of crowds are you actually hoping to achieve? Perth is a small town with a population of about 45k. And it's not a football town at that. The team has punched above it's weight for a while but St Johnstone is historically a 2nd or 3rd tier club.

Who's history? My kids know only of St Johnstone being fucking amazing.

I only know of Dundee being pish.

20 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

The fact we win about one home game a season obviously doesn’t help, I’d struggle to name a home performance in my top ten Saints games over the last season or two. 

It wouldn't even be a struggle in truth:

• 2-2 vs Hibs
  • 0-0 vs Rangers
  • 2-0 vs Dundee
  • 2-0 vs Aberdeen
  • 1-0 vs Hibs
  • 5-1 vs Motherwell 
  • 4-0 vs Dundee
  • 3-1 vs Rangers 
  • 2-1 vs Hibs
  • 2-1 vs Killie
  • 2-0 vs Aberdeen

Stopped there but all those games were better than anything I've seen at home, probably since we beat Celtic in May 2016.

If you don't go to away games, then you deserve a medal for sticking with the team, given what has been on show at home for a long time now. We almost broke the trend around this time last year with the wins over St Mirren and Hamilton but, at the end of the day, it was only St Mirren and Accies.

Better results/football is the key to attracting more fans, folk wouldn't pay £10 for what we are getting at McDiarmid these days. 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

• 2-2 vs Hibs
  • 0-0 vs Rangers
  • 2-0 vs Dundee
  • 2-0 vs Aberdeen
  • 1-0 vs Hibs
  • 5-1 vs Motherwell 
  • 4-0 vs Dundee
  • 3-1 vs Rangers 
  • 2-1 vs Hibs
  • 2-1 vs Killie
  • 2-0 vs Aberdeen

Stopped there but all those games were better than anything I've seen at home, probably since we beat Celtic in May 2016.

If you don't go to away games, then you deserve a medal for sticking with the team, given what has been on show at home for a long time now. We almost broke the trend around this time last year with the wins over St Mirren and Hamilton but, at the end of the day, it was only St Mirren and Accies.

Better results/football is the key to attracting more fans, folk wouldn't pay £10 for what we are getting at McDiarmid these days. 

I pick and choose my away games but generally go to Motherwell, Hamilton, St Mirren and Dundee. Dundee aside I've barely enjoyed a game home or away for god knows how long. Its absolutely eye bleeding stuff at times at home but it all stems from the lack of balance in the squad. He's bought so many wingers he needs to justify playing them hence 1 up top all the  bloody time. Its utterly utterly infuriating.

9 hours ago, Radford said:

• 2-2 vs Hibs
  • 0-0 vs Rangers
  • 2-0 vs Dundee
  • 2-0 vs Aberdeen
  • 1-0 vs Hibs
  • 5-1 vs Motherwell 
  • 4-0 vs Dundee
  • 3-1 vs Rangers 
  • 2-1 vs Hibs
  • 2-1 vs Killie
  • 2-0 vs Aberdeen

This is frightening when you put it in black and white like that. I try to get to most away games as well, so probably hadn't acknowledged quite how much better the away performances have been.

How far back do we have to go for a really good home performance?!  

He's bought so many wingers he needs to justify playing them hence 1 up top all the  bloody time. Its utterly utterly infuriating.

Not sure how those two things are linked. He generally fields two wingers like most teams do. Don’t see how that affects his decision to go with one up front.

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

This is frightening when you put it in black probably hadn't acknowledged quite how much better the away performances have been...

I thought the Motherwell win in May was a good performance but it was our only really notable win last season. Livingston only won one away game, so not sure beating them was particularly impressive. 

Before that? The 3-2 win over Hearts in the League Cup? Or the league wins over Aberdeen and Celtic in the spring of 2016. We'd never even heard of Brexit.

The 4-0 against Hamilton and then the St Mirren game after it where we could of had 6/7 were both entertaining last year. Yes the opposition was poor, but we were playing some excellent stuff in those games.