November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

On 22/10/2019 at 11:22, RandomGuy. said:

Not writing him off. Merely suggesting that you look at Cochrane, who was a regular at Hearts at 17, but is now struggling in the Championship, and consider whether chucking Hickey into International football just now would be the best idea for everyone involved. 

He isn't struggling. He's only been given a couple of games and had to go off injured in our win against Ayr. 

You didn;t realise a player had made a transfer or been playing games, but you now feel qualified to say he should be called up? LOL
Yep. We're not talking about our first pick here, but about establishing credible long-term future keepers in behind Marshall.

Kelly is a GK playing at a higher level than our current second and third choices, and several years younger. I'm quite comfortable with selecting him on that basis.

Of course, I'd drop him in an instant if there was a keeper of any age playing at any level in abroadshire...

29 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Yep. We're not talking about our first pick here, but about establishing credible long-term future keepers in behind Marshall.

Kelly is a GK playing at a higher level than our current second and third choices, and several years younger. I'm quite comfortable with selecting him on that basis.

Of course, I'd drop him in an instant if there was a keeper of any age playing at any level in abroadshire...

Agreed he's younger and plays in a higher league than our back ups. Surely should be in the squad if he's playing.

21 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Tierney starting in the EPL this afternoon. This after starting it the Europa on Thurs. Surely that's him 100% back now?

Back after his sore pubes?

Will he ever 100% recover from his bust lip?

Edited by red23

9 hours ago, Tartan Bear said:

Kelly

Marshall

Mclaughlin

Tierney

Robertson

Caulker

Cooper

Lindsay

Findlay

Palmer

Forrest

Frazer

McTominlay

Jack

Christie

Fleck

Armstong

Ritchie

Shankland

McBurnie

Fletcher

This clamour for Lindsay over the last year or so. The guy is so cumbersome he makes Hanley look like a ballerina

10 hours ago, Tartan Bear said:

Kelly

Marshall

Mclaughlin

Tierney

Robertson

Caulker

Cooper

Lindsay

Findlay

Palmer

Forrest

Frazer

McTominlay

Jack

Christie

Fleck

Armstong

Ritchie

Shankland

McBurnie

Fletcher

Matt Ritchie? Aye he’s no kicked a ball since August but get him in the squad

2 hours ago, gonzohiggy said:

This clamour for Lindsay over the last year or so. The guy is so cumbersome he makes Hanley look like a ballerina

MacKenna and Devlin ar internationals lt that sink in 

Lindsay is more powerful dominant and commanding and we would not be losing bread and butter goals from set plays with him in the team and him picking up his man

Granted his teams lost a bit of form but in two months they could be on a run

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Fletcher retired, Ritchie not interested, Caulker not Scottish and pish, Lindsay just pish.  Other than that, great stuff.............

When did Fletcher officially retire a must have mist that and Caulker is part Scottish that will do for me and he is keen to play big athlete with a lot of pace who has been it some top clubs will take him over Hanley even though he is in EPL he is to slow same as Mulgrew

9 minutes ago, Tartan Bear said:

MacKenna and Devlin ar internationals lt that sink in 

Lindsay is more powerful dominant and commanding and we would not be losing bread and butter goals from set plays with him in the team and him picking up his man

Granted his teams lost a bit of form but in two months they could be on a run

Mulgrew is our problem defending set pieces. McKenna didn't play against either Russia or Belgium the most recent games and Devlin only played in Russia. 

Bringing in Lindsay would help for set pieces agreed, we'd be weaker on the ground though. 

1 minute ago, gonzohiggy said:

Mulgrew is our problem defending set pieces. McKenna didn't play against either Russia or Belgium the most recent games and Devlin only played in Russia. 

Bringing in Lindsay would help for set pieces agreed, we'd be weaker on the ground though. 

I never said that he did but he is still nowhere near being good enough for int football go look back on his show real of howlers in a Scotland shirt

Leicester City won the league by just letting guys defend and let attackers attack simple football Bates and Lindsay ar our best natural defenders never put Bates in cos he is not playing but we need him to and soon

15 minutes ago, Tartan Bear said:

I never said that he did but he is still nowhere near being good enough for int football go look back on his show real of howlers in a Scotland shirt

What real howlers? He was poor against Kazakhstan but so was pretty much the whole team that day and thats about it.