November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He played the last game he was available for. Was cup-tied at the weekend. He's obviously the next best left-back after Robertson and Tierney, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

The lb position at Celtic is hardly sewn up too. Clarke might be looking to give him a bit of game time to help him get in the Celtic team to help his squad out long term.

Naismith I dont particularly get though. Qualification via this route is already gone and were calling up a 33 year old with ongoing injury issues.

12 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Well I know one CB who would absolutely stroll into that team and be about to start his third and fourth games as first choice. I was correct about that, shocker.

I was also correct about mulgrew, every single one of you had him in your squad and almost all of you had him in the team.

naismith is perhaps even more finished than mulgrew, absolutely farcical having him in the squad.

You still fishing about this? He couldn't even get a callup so he wouldn't be strolling into anything. Whether you think he should or not is a different matter. Saying you were right all along about something that is proven to be untrue is farcical.

I always enjoy people saying "how's X in it" without offering any alternatives.

I'd imagine the team will look something like:

Marshall
Palmer Cooper McKenna Robertson
McTominay McGregor
Christie McGinn Fraser/Forrest
McBurnie/Shankland

I think that's alright, but other than in central midfield, things dramatically fall off a cliff when you get past the first XI.

We've gone from having a bunch of average-to-shite wingers (Burke, Phillips, Russell, Snodgrass) to just having Burke, and I'm not quite sure how that's happened.

24 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Well I know one CB who would absolutely stroll into that team and be about to start his third and fourth games as first choice. I was correct about that, shocker.

The same CB who had an absolute holocaust on the weekend?

2 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

C'mon man it was the mighty Bolton he was playing you can't expect him to duplicate his form against Chinese Taipei and Nepal against a top quality outfit like them?

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

C'mon man it was the mighty Bolton he was playing you can't expect him to duplicate his form against Chinese Taipei and Nepal against a top quality outfit like them?

If we're talking about Harry Souttar, there's more than a few Australian fans who like his goal threat at set pieces, but are less than convinced at him lumbering performances at the back.  Once the Japanese, South Koreans, Iranians and Qatari's get about him, he's toast.

Surprised at Naismith's inclusion given he's hardly played this season.   A fully fit and on form Naismith is an asset despite his age, he combined very well when Steven Fletcher was still interested and maybe Clarke wants to see him with Shankland with the play=offs in mind given Griffiths on-going absence,

Tierney is a strange one, he left him out last time round at Arsenal's request, but he's been playing since then yet they ask again. Maybe on-going injury issues? is Tierney fussed about Scotland? strange.

27 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

You still fishing about this? He couldn't even get a callup so he wouldn't be strolling into anything. Whether you think he should or not is a different matter. Saying you were right all along about something that is proven to be untrue is farcical.

He'd be getting a call up now.  He's obviously better than all our cbs with the possible temporary exception of McKenna.  That's without question.  He would be a first choice as of twice games ago, that's just reality.  We don't have anyone better and are calling worse cbs in every single game.

19 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

You mean made a mistake wow it's not like all defenders do.that.  I'm correct, he will be their poty this year, possibly league ones poty and would absolutely stroll into the Scotland team right now.

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

He'd be getting a call up now.  He's obviously better than all our cbs with the possible temporary exception of McKenna.  That's without question.  He would be a first choice as of twice games ago, that's just reality.  We don't have anyone better and are calling worse cbs in every single game.

Are you on drugs? :lol:

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If we're talking about Harry Souttar, there's more than a few Australian fans who like his goal threat at set pieces, but are less than convinced at him lumbering performances at the back.  Once the Japanese, South Koreans, Iranians and Qatari's get about him, he's toast.

Sure, that's why premiership teams are sniffing about him already. I don't know how many times I have to explain, fans don't know anything about the game. If you want to learn don't listen to fans and don't presume you know anything, analyse the decisions of those that do.

Edited by Kuro

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Are you on drugs? :lol:

Name two cbs Scotland have capped in the last four games that are better.  You can't cause they don't exist, we only have one arguably slightly better right now, making harry souttar a first choice as of now.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Sure, that's why premiership teams are sniffing about him already. I don't know how many times I have to explain, fans don't know anything about the game. If you want to derive its but don't listen to fans and don't presume you know anything, analyse the decisions of those that do.

You're clearly at the wind-up.  Harry Souttar's performances for Australia defensively have been ropey, against Asian minnows.  There are no EPL clubs "sniffing about him" because he can't even get a game for a shite Stoke and they have loaned him out to Fleetwood. Dear God :lol:

Just now, Burnie_man said:

You're clearly at the wind-up.  Harry Souttar's performances for Australia defensively have been ropey, against Asian minnows.  There are no EPL clubs "sniffing about him" because he can't even get a game for a shite Stoke and they have loaned him out to Fleetwood. Dear God :lol:

Have they?  How many of them.did you watch?  How many goals did his team concede?  I'm correct, he's the best Scottish cb in the world right now.  You'll agree one day.

I see Tierney isn't even bothering his arse to make up an injury now. Give him a ban for life, wee arsehole.

Apparently Arsenal asked for him not to be selected for whatever reason...

Scotland: Arsenal requested Kieran Tierney omission, says Steve Clarke http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50296744

I always enjoy people saying "how's X in it" without offering any alternatives.

I'd imagine the team will look something like:

Marshall
Palmer Cooper McKenna Robertson
McTominay McGregor
Christie McGinn Fraser/Forrest
McBurnie/Shankland

I think that's alright, but other than in central midfield, things dramatically fall off a cliff when you get past the first XI.

We've gone from having a bunch of average-to-shite wingers (Burke, Phillips, Russell, Snodgrass) to just having Burke, and I'm not quite sure how that's happened.

Be a good team if Shankland has actually been picked for the squad, dropped for Naismith!!!