Handbags

Oleksandr

So I tried to ask @craigkillie because I didnt want to start a thread but he wasnt replying, so I though hm if I'm going to start a thread anyway then may as well open it up a bit. So, qualified refs will be taking your questions and answering them. 

I'll start, see when you were watching the hibs Celtic game just been, when they started handbags I think it was Collum was pushing the players away, so it made me wonder if refs are told to push players apart or just let them do their thing and punish accordingly. Thing is you wouldn't see a ref stopping a player fouling so I dont get why some get in the way. Some dont as well

3 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

So I tried to ask @craigkillie because I didnt want to start a thread but he wasnt replying, so I though hm if I'm going to start a thread anyway then may as well open it up a bit. So, qualified refs will be taking your questions and answering them. 

I'll start, see when you were watching the hibs Celtic game just been, when they started handbags I think it was Collum was pushing the players away, so it made me wonder if refs are told to push players apart or just let them do their thing and punish accordingly. Thing is you wouldn't see a ref stopping a player fouling so I dont get why some get in the way. Some dont as well

When I was doing the refereeing course I was told to step in if you felt comfortable, but that there was absolutely no obligation to. I was always happy to batter in and separate things before they got any more serious, but you are always running the risk of getting an accidental arm in the face or something. Most refs will step in when it's just pushing and shoving, but will stand well back if it's any more serious than that.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Most refs will step in when it's just pushing and shoving, but will stand well back if it's any more serious than that.

Sounds a bit like that Dundee fan who watched a group of **** batter his dad while he hid behind a bin. 

On 14/10/2019 at 20:45, craigkillie said:

When I was doing the refereeing course I was told to step in if you felt comfortable, but that there was absolutely no obligation to. I was always happy to batter in and separate things before they got any more serious, but you are always running the risk of getting an accidental arm in the face or something. Most refs will step in when it's just pushing and shoving, but will stand well back if it's any more serious than that.

Craig mate that's brilliant, exactly what I was after, your turn mate 👍🏻

On 14/10/2019 at 22:17, Falcor Roar said:

Sounds a bit like that Dundee fan who watched a group of **** batter his dad while he hid behind a bin. 

No sectarianism on this thread allowed mate 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, The Nightfly said:

I imagine they are qualified referees anyway. As are the AVARs.

They say bad decisions even out over the course of the season,  so to break the current im pass over when VAR should be used, maybe we have a sort of pendulum that swings if the decision is wrong, using VAR for that, but you wouldn't have to hold up the game for it. So say theres a bad decision and the ref awards a team a penalty, but it was really a dive, the VAR team tell the referee and the pendulum swings in their favour, and the referee gives more decisions in their favour. You could have the pendulum beside the scoreboard. And then if it manages to go the other way it just tries to stay in the middle.

• 2 years later...

When they started handbags, we didn't notice that they allowed the goalie to make the most important move of the final. And if it weren't for you, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Did you have that in mind when you wrote that? Maybe you're a girl, and it's hard for you to focus on the game, and you could only notice the handbags? They are players, and they can afford different behavior at the game for the money they are paid. And by the way, their purses are bought from www.aaabag.nu, who almost always offer a quality replica. That's why the referee didn't pay attention to wait for this circus to end. Watch the tape to get a better idea of what happened there

Edited by KhalilPowell

4 hours ago, KhalilPowell said:

When they started handbags, we didn't notice that they allowed the goalie to make the most important move of the final. And if it weren't for you, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Did you have that in mind when you wrote that? Maybe you're a girl, and it's hard for you to focus on the game, and you could only notice the handbags? They are players, and they can afford different behavior at the game for the money they are paid.

Can Div set up some kind of script that reads out botposts in Charlie Kelly's voice? Would improve the forum experience imo.

On 26/08/2022 at 17:40, KhalilPowell said:

When they started handbags, we didn't notice that they allowed the goalie to make the most important move of the final. And if it weren't for you, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Did you have that in mind when you wrote that? Maybe you're a girl, and it's hard for you to focus on the game, and you could only notice the handbags? They are players, and they can afford different behavior at the game for the money they are paid.

Girls only notice handbags and can’t focus on a game when there’s a handbag about? Sexist bot 🤣