Motherwell v Aberdeen

REALITY CHECK.........I would like to congratulate all the Motherwell players for deciding to pick today to have their poorest game all season and I mean all of them to a man. Maybe BIG Bevis can b excused but boy oh boy. Seedorf - he is going to be hot and cold well today he was fkin freezing. 

In truth we probably knew it was coming. Although we were winning games the other teams did have several chances but never took them. Always likely to come a cropper v a team who had players that could score. 

Not even sure the missed penalty would have made a difference. I am at the other end of the East stand and it looked as if Long played for it. He was another that was largely anonymous.

Not taking anything away from Aberdeen. 3 well taken goals and as if I ever believed there were in crisis..

A very bad day at the office and only Rangers at Ibrox next......oh joy.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I missed the first 20 minutes today because I was Shay Logan- versus- Scotrailing my way round the country, did we put Maguire at centre back when Hartley went off or just leave a gaping hole until Mugabe came on?

Yes to both.

Poor afternoon. Aberdeen punished us for mistakes in the lead up to all three goals, but no getting away from the fact they were just better in all areas of the pitch today.

Looked like Hartley took a real sore one blocking the shot that led to his injury (sorry I'm not sure who took the shot), his head was thrown back and despite seeming to protest quite a lot he'd be ok, it's good to see we're taking no risks with head injuries.

Was surprised to see Seedorf back out for the second half, never mind play the full 90 and thought Campbell and Polowrth had off days too. Agree with the post about Gallagher - he made a  number of important challenges.

We're going to be an up and down team this season, thankfully there have been more good days than bad so far, but that'll serve as a bit of a wake up call ahead of a tough run of fixtures. 

5 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

That is absolutely brutal. Who's playing centre mid? Gallagher and McGinn? 

Is it 4 considine and vyner as full backs with Logan and Leigh as wingers? 

McInnes has lost the plot. I don't care if we get the win, that's a disgraceful team to put out for a game of football. 

That’s, without question, our best and most dominant away performance this season.

Greg Leigh absolute stand out in midfield, great footballer.

Vyner and Gallagher also did well, but so did everyone to be fair.

Played the ball on the deck today and what a difference that made. Nobody hiding and a better mix of positive and safe passes. Hope Ferguson was watching as he’s still a young guy with alot to learn.

Disappointed Wilson went off so early, hope he’s not injured again. 

24 minutes ago, big al said:

Greg Leigh absolute stand out in midfield, great footballer.

Vyner and Gallagher also did well, but so did everyone to be fair.

Played the ball on the deck today and what a difference that made. Nobody hiding and a better mix of positive and safe passes. Hope Ferguson was watching as he’s still a young guy with alot to learn.

Disappointed Wilson went off so early, hope he’s not injured again. 

Agreed. It was a lot more like the 2016 team. We need to focus on playing the ball on the ground. If we need an out ball the wing backs or wingers should show for it. Get that punting the ball to Cosgrove in the bin.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

That’s, without question, our best and most dominant away performance this season.

That team that started today should start next week  they’ve earned the right to keep the jersey 

Fair fucks to Aberdeen for a pretty comprehensive bodying today. A textbook away performance. They kept us at arms length easily enough and basically turned up and took our lunch money. 

If Scott scores the pen then it obviously gives the game a different complexion but overall everything that followed was pretty shitebag stuff from us.

Without Hartley we seemed pretty passive, were taking an extra touch, had no tempo, were taking the wrong option with the pass and were just generally bad. I know Maguire's getting a hard time for getting turned for the first but we're down to 10 men and Chris Long's trying to beat folk in the middle of the park and we're hit on the counter when we're a man down in midfield. Just keep the ball for a bit and sort ourselves out. It's shades of the County game where we're taking quick throw ins with a man sent off and 4 mins to go.

As others have said just a really, really poor day at the office.

Edited by capt_oats