Motherwell v Aberdeen

It’s a blatant dive though, and should be stamped out the game, whether an Aberdeen player or an amateur player.
Should get a ban when proven as a dive, only way to eradicate.
At least you agree he acted embarrassingly.

Not watched it back but thought it was a dive at the game. Completely agree that it’s very poor and he probably should get a ban for diving. The rolling about stuff was pathetic too.

2 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

It seems impossible that anyone could have more top flight appearances than considine. He’s the absolute epitome of what Aberdeen have been over the last few years. Good enough to play against non Celtic teams and be very good and win regularly. Then come up against Celtic with Forrest Armstrong Roberts and Sinclair etc and just be out of his depth when getting isolated 1 v1 and getting his pants pulled down. He truly is some boy though and been great for Aberdeen to have a constant performer like that.

Also when he scored a hat-trick against Dundee, hysterical 

I really don't like him at left-back, but he's been an excellent centre-half at this level for a decade now.

Probably unfortunate to never have been included in a Scotland squad when you consider some of the dross that has been.

Guest Bob Mahelp

3 cracking goals right enough, but Motherwell were awful for the first 2.

Thon Maguire got caught on his heels for the first goal and big Sam made him look like a primary school defender.

4 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:

Not seen the match but hearing leigh is a revelation in CM and folks using words luke bite, was he playing in the way shinnie was?

Better in possession than Shinnie. He’s a good footballer, wherever he plays.

Well that’s the most fun I’ve had at the football in a long while. Panicked a little when I saw that lineup but McInnes was certainly vindicated by that performance.

Leigh and Vyner were a revelation in midfield. Leigh’s physicality is what we’ve been missing for a long time, and they were both composed in possession and inventive going forward. Leigh’s pass for Cosgrove’s goal was lovely. Cosgrove still had plenty to do mind and the way he just burned past the centre half and finished *so* calmly. With aplomb. At the moment, imho, he’s a more complete forward than Rooney ever was. He’ll go for a million plus at the end of the season at the very latest.

Defensively we were solid too, only really troubled by the penalty. Solid dive from the boy Long, I’m not going to slate the player because, frankly, diving is funny. Joe Lewis pulled a stunning save out the bag anyway making it all, thankfully, academic. The game could really have gone out the window at that moment, so a real pivotal save.

Considine back at LB and McKenna and Devlin reunited in the centre. None of them put a foot wrong. Devlin in particular looked full of confidence after his Scotland cameo so hopefully they can kick on.

Gallagher worked very hard for the team and made some telling passes, McLennan was fine when he came on, Wilson is still an enigma, but he’s a player I love watching. Talent-wise he’s a cut above and certainly worth persevering with (I’ve gone into this in the past) IMO. McGinn though, he demonstrated with the goal and subsequent celebrations exactly why he’s my favourite Dons player. No one else in the team is pulling *that* finish out the bag. No one else in the team is running right down the front cupping the ears and thrusting his hips at the boys like that. Pure love.

Vyner’s third was the icing on the cake. Shades of Michael Hector v Thistle in 13/14. Loanee defender, shimmy to the left, cut onto the right, and blasts a in clean shot which is pretty much unsaveable. Magnificent.

All in, a wonderful day. Thank you friends and allies. To Motherwell, it was a bad day at the office. You’ve a smashing young team and you’ll probably beat us later on in the season so I’m enjoying this while I can. Up yez!

IMG_3233.jpg

10 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I wasn’t there yesterday but from the highlights the first two goals were such poor goals to lose. Both came from us gifting Aberdeen the ball. Cracking finishes to be fair.

Your left-back absolutely shitebagged it for the first goal. Look at him walking back towards his goal whilst everyone else is busting a gut. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

The way this fixture normally pans out, I can see Aberdeen going on a fantastic 10 match winning run with Motherwell collecting only 2 points in the same period.

Then we play at Pittodrie in January and Motherwell win 4-0. 

22 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

It's bonkers this btw. Is Considine the most low-key consistent player in the league? I cannot wait for him to be turning up at fir park, 2025 and keeping whatever right winger we have there completely out the game with a deckchair and cigar oot.

:lol:

He was absolutely honking at left back for a few years then was player of the year the season before Shinnie signed. Not a bad claim to fame considering the players we had at the time. Since that season he's been a solid performer never really having a run of poor games.

He gets a lot of stick from fans of other teams but he'd walk in to most teams in the league.

Not bad for a lad who was told he was going to be released as a teen before Ryan O'Leary got homesick!

Not bad for a lad who was told he was going to be released as a teen before Ryan O'Leary got homesick!

Had no idea about that! He gets released at that point (2004/5ish?) and he’s a stick on to sign for Caley Thistle. He probably goes on to be a club legend there.

He’s the most improved player in Scottish Football in the last 10 years, as in he’s improved consistently and constantly over that whole time period.

18 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Had no idea about that! He gets released at that point (2004/5ish?) and he’s a stick on to sign for Caley Thistle. He probably goes on to be a club legend there.

He’s the most improved player in Scottish Football in the last 10 years, as in he’s improved consistently and constantly over that whole time period.

Absolutely earned his testimonial.

On 20/10/2019 at 10:55, thisGRAEME said:

It's bonkers this btw. Is Considine the most low-key consistent player in the league? I cannot wait for him to be turning up at fir park, 2025 and keeping whatever right winger we have there completely out the game with a deckchair and cigar oot.

:lol:

45D8ADF6-354B-416D-B229-9A843714E363.jpeg

Not watched it back but thought it was a dive at the game. Completely agree that it’s very poor and he probably should get a ban for diving. The rolling about stuff was pathetic too.

What’s happened to the compliance officer and their retrospective two game bans e.g for simulation?

Recall Pawlett got this at Dens Park when we relegated Dundee.....but seldom happens now.

Then there was McKenna’s 2 game ban for a late tackle when Rodgers moaned at Parkheid last season, but nothing for Macgregor and The Rat for brutal early tackles in the village idiot contest this season.

Is it just AFC that the compliance officer looks at?