Falkirk vs Clyde

Well played to Clyde, who were fantastic today. Lennon has had McKinnon’s number twice. I think we’re incredibly predictable and easy to play against, but it still requires turning up and putting the game plan into action. Clyde should have won by more. Particularly impressed by Grant and no.10 (don’t know name, apologies). As always, clear to see Goodwillie has played at a higher level too. Fair play.

As for us, holy f***. I actually can’t be arsed analysing any of that, it was just so terrible. Who watches that game and thinks Longridge is the one to take off? Would have been down quicker if it wasn’t for a Bell wondersave in the first half too. Second half was just as bad, slow and pedestrian.The only positive from this would be McKinnon leaving. He has completely knocked the stuffing out of me, I can’t be bothered with this team anymore. Looks like he’s done this to his playing squad too. Pathetic.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Now what does Ray say with a loss, and at home?

Looking forward to hearing the excuses from him later.  And the quality entertainment from some of their fans.  From what I have seen of Falkirk over two games, this league will be a two horse race between yourselves and East Fife.  I know that they think they are better than the rest of us and shouldn't be here in the Seaside League, but to get beaten home and away by diddy pub teams does not auger well.  Perhaps when their sugar daddy Campbell injects millions and they sign Christiano Ronaldo, things will be different.  But right now, they look like duds.

What a result. Very proud of our team tonight and this season in general. What a difference from the past 10 to 12 years (bar last season). We could only have dreamt of results like today 3 or 4 seasons ago.

Great to see Smith scoring and a right good goal at that. Hopefully sorts his confidence out.

As the weeks go on I'm more and more confident of a wee playoff push here 🇾🇪

Oh and the thud of the Falkirk fans being brought back down to earth by us (again) is music to my ears!

Mon the Bully Wee!!

Just now, Fast_Action said:

A serious question for the Falkirk fans.  Why was Longridge subbed?  Was he injured?  That seemed to be one of the most baffling decisions I have seen this season.

I’m betting the Falkirk fans are just as baffled. Ray has done a spectacular job of inscrutable substitutions this year, with very little results. This interview will be must watch!

That was absolutely pathetic. Fair play to Clyde deserved the win imo only team who actually had a game plan and made tactical switches in an attempt to win the game. Mitchell had absolutely nothing to do all game and like I said at half time they dominated midfield the whole game. Even when we were really on top for 20 minutes in that second half you never got the impression that we would get the goal and they were comfortable at the back throughout. I’m a massive Ray Grant fan but thought Mark Lamont was the stand out today pished all over us and Rumsby at the back had McMillan firmly in his back pocket.

As for us that was as bad as anything I’ve seen this season and whilst the players have got to take some of the blame and up their performances the majority of the blame lies with that gormless p***k of a manager we’ve got. He got absolutely everything wrong today and at no point did he even attempt to change it. I can understand wanting to pick the same team that beat Peterhead but Clyde we’re always going to come and be more positive and better than them and with the 5 man midfield we needed more balance in there. When it gets to half time and it’s not working at all to just keep going and hope something changes is absolute terrible management. We needed the midfield changed to give us better shape to be able to control the game better and allow us to be more creative instead what we got was 1 sub with 20 minutes to go to take off our most creative and influential player in Longridge and bring on Connolly, not a knock on Connolly who should’ve been in at half time but as soon as Louis was off so did any chance of us winning the game. At the same time for whatever reason he swapped McManus and Sammon to put the latter wide left. Pointless.

Does feel like I pick on him every week but Paul Dixon is just finished. Every single week we get a half hearted performance littered with basic error after basic error yet is undroppable and will continue to be so under McKinnon. Charlie Telfer yet again stinking the place out gets the whole 90 minutes despite having 4 fucking subs that can play centre midfield, McMillan/Sammon/McManus all playing fairly shite and ineffective and again that doesn’t change. I genuinely think he’s that much of a fucking idiot he thinks that playing with 4 strikers automatically means it’s attacking and that should be enough to win. He needs emptied as soon as possible otherwise there’s no chance we’ll get out the division this season.

Well played to Clyde, who were fantastic today. Lennon has had McKinnon’s number twice. I think we’re incredibly predictable and easy to play against, but it still requires turning up and putting the game plan into action. Clyde should have won by more. Particularly impressed by Grant and no.10 (don’t know name, apologies). As always, clear to see Goodwillie has played at a higher level too. Fair play.

As for us, holy f***. I actually can’t be arsed analysing any of that, it was just so terrible. Who watches that game and thinks Longridge is the one to take off? Would have been down quicker if it wasn’t for a Bell wondersave in the first half too. Second half was just as bad, slow and pedestrian.The only positive from this would be McKinnon leaving. He has completely knocked the stuffing out of me, I can’t be bothered with this team anymore. Looks like he’s done this to his playing squad too. Pathetic.
#10 was Mark Lamont

Three thoughts from today.

1) Two "Cup Finals" against Falkirk and two trophies for the Clyde [emoji471][emoji471]

2) I thought £18 was excellent value today. Do Falkirk fans agree?

3) Shame that a lot of Falkirk fans didn't get full value for their £4 parking fee as they left well before the end of the match.

Loved the boos though [emoji4]

Thought we rode our luck at times second half but we should have been ahead at half time to be fair. Great strike to win it. Pleased for Smith. Not sure about Mc Niff’s offside goal. My son thought he was offside but I wasn’t sure. 

Great result. 

Clyde clearly came with a better game plan than us. Slow the game down and I think their physio has more game time than some of our players. As a result it was a terrible game with no flow. Clyde probably deserved the 3 points. I’ll be very surprised if we win this league we totally lack the spark needed on the pitch. Supporters rightly question the management.

Total farce. Clyde should have been ahead in the 1st half. 2nd half I thought we were the better team, we then take off our best player and then things go to pot culminating in a terrific winner for clyde.

Overall clyde probably deserved the 3 points.