General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Huge upsurge in folk registering to vote dominated by 18-34 group.

Still 9 million unregistered. Not surprising it's the youngest group in big numbers, more of the older groups would have got round to it already. I'd have thought you'd be pretty well screwed for credit if you weren't on the register, surprised there are so many unregistered.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Still 9 million unregistered. Not surprising it's the youngest group in big numbers, more of the older groups would have got round to it already. I'd have thought you'd be pretty well screwed for credit if you weren't on the register, surprised there are so many unregistered.

On the flip side do they not use the electoral register to chase you up for old student debt council tax debt etc..etc.

Clair Fox at the Brexit Party launch.

fri.thumb.JPG.a37f39906728620e9e445eb8062e6554.JPG

And this is the Brexit Party that plans to abolish inheritance tax, deregulate the City, cut taxes on business and higher earners and privatise the NHS.

Edited by welshbairn

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

Cat amongst the pigeons stuff from Farage.

BoJo is in a tight spot now. 

The Tories and  The Brexit party/UKIP are  pretty much the same thing these days. I would imagine that a huge amount of Tory supporters would welcome an alliance with Farage with open arms. 

The Tories and  The Brexit party/UKIP are  pretty much the same thing these days. I would imagine that a huge amount of Tory supporters would welcome an alliance with Farage with open arms. 
Problem is that Fromage has made ditching the current WA the price of his cooperation. There is no way Johnson can throw away the only deal to have made any progress, so Nigel and Dick get to throw away deposits throughout the land, while siphoning off just enough Tory votes to let the Corbyn/Sturgeon alliance sweep to power. (Best case)

At the very least, it's going to be fun watching the game of "I'm more brexit than you" playing out for the next few weeks.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Problem is that Fromage has made ditching the current WA the price of his cooperation. There is no way Johnson can throw away the only deal to have made any progress, so Nigel and Dick get to throw away deposits throughout the land, while siphoning off just enough Tory votes to let the Corbyn/Sturgeon alliance sweep to power. (Best case)

At the very least, it's going to be fun watching the game of "I'm more brexit than you" playing out for the next few weeks.

Firstly, Johnson and Fromage are both populists. Reality, facts and reason do not enter their heads....the only thing that does is what they can do and say to make sure they win. 

Secondly, and just continuing on from above, the recent history of Uk politics shows that pretty much anything is possible.....no matter how unlikely it all seems to normal people. 5 years ago it was impossible to imagine Farage and UKIP having any real influence in British politics. Now, UKIP is running the country.

Given the insanity that his gripped the country, the next logical step is for the Tories and The Brexit party to merge/have an informal alliance. I can't see it not happening. 

Cat amongst the pigeons stuff from Farage.
BoJo is in a tight spot now. 

I don’t think he is. Johnson/Tories will ignore this ‘pact’ and the Brexit Party will only run in these 150 constituencies anyway.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Firstly, Johnson and Fromage are both populists. Reality, facts and reason do not enter their heads....the only thing that does is what they can do and say to make sure they win. 

Secondly, and just continuing on from above, the recent history of Uk politics shows that pretty much anything is possible.....no matter how unlikely it all seems to normal people. 5 years ago it was impossible to imagine Farage and UKIP having any real influence in British politics. Now, UKIP is running the country.

Given the insanity that his gripped the country, the next logical step is for the Tories and The Brexit party to merge/have an informal alliance. I can't see it not happening. 

The Tories have to keep hold of their less mouthy moderate voters, many of them remainers willing to settle for a deal. A pact with Farage could see them recoiling and going Lib Dem. No idea of the numbers, but they can't all be swivel eyed lemmings.

Brinksmanship from Farage.  There'll be announcement at some point that Brexit Party won't field candidates in all locations. (Tories will deny a pact and Farage will say he's happy with various promises from the PM).  In return, it'll be Lord or Sir Nigel at the earliest opportunity.

25 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Brinksmanship from Farage.  There'll be announcement at some point that Brexit Party won't field candidates in all locations. (Tories will deny a pact and Farage will say he's happy with various promises from the PM).  In return, it'll be Lord or Sir Nigel at the earliest opportunity.

Pretty much how I see it. All this stuff right now is to make sure they have more coverage early on.

Farage and Johnson's egos are too big for this to happen IMHO.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Regarding the comments about Priti Patel on here, there are some posters beginning to sound like misogynistic arseholes.

Moral high ground my backside.

Better not talk about backsides when defending Ms Patel, poor taste.

60% tax rates, spunking billions of pounds on pointless re-nationalisation of businesses, an inability to do basic economics and explain where the magic money tree is coming from, an inability to command respect and control of his party, an inability to make decisions in the heat of battle (Brexit, the General Election etc), the huge risk to business from trying to tax them till their pips squeak at a time when other countries are not doing that, the risk of capital flight as a result, the politics of envy of anyone successful, the mistaken belief that simply handing money to people at the bottom of the pile solves poverty, the disgusting anti-semitism problem which he won't or cannot resolve within his party. f**k, I could be here all day.
'Here all day' but not all there - quite the laddie aren't you ?

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

60% tax rates, spunking billions of pounds on pointless re-nationalisation of businesses, an inability to do basic economics and explain where the magic money tree is coming from, an inability to command respect and control of his party, an inability to make decisions in the heat of battle (Brexit, the General Election etc), the huge risk to business from trying to tax them till their pips squeak at a time when other countries are not doing that, the risk of capital flight as a result, the politics of envy of anyone successful, the mistaken belief that simply handing money to people at the bottom of the pile solves poverty, the disgusting anti-semitism problem which he won't or cannot resolve within his party. f**k, I could be here all day.

Key infrastructure(Transport and Energy as a minimum) should never have been privatised in the first place. You are opening the country to the whims of people who don't give a f**k about the long term consequences of decisions that are aimed at making relatively short term profits.

The magic money tree seems to have worked fine for the last 30 years. Why is it only a problem for Corbyn?

No one believes that handing money to those at the bottom is going to solve poverty. We can all see that the current policy of giving as little as possible to them is working perfectly well.