Hallowe'en thread

ICTChris

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

Waste? In terms of what? Material?

In terms of everything. Costumes get bought, then chucked. All the wee shite decorations get bought, then chucked. People whinge about the waste at Christmas, but my experience is that Halloween is just as bad.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

In terms of everything. Costumes get bought, then chucked. All the wee shite decorations get bought, then chucked. People whinge about the waste at Christmas, but my experience is that Halloween is just as bad.

Now you mention it, it probably is worse than Christmas for wastage as not everyone will have a Halloween party every year, therefore folk are more likely to chuck decorations out than store them.

I got a decent quality costume this year so will definitely be keeping it, although will probably just buy a different mask next year.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Now you mention it, it probably is worse than Christmas for wastage as not everyone will have a Halloween party every year, therefore folk are more likely to chuck decorations out than store them.

I got a decent quality costume this year so will definitely be keeping it, although will probably just buy a different mask next year.

Have a word with yourself.

Hallowe'en at your age!

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

That's a mask?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Agree that Americans have fucked it. 

My finest hour at Halloween was dressing up as Rab C Nesbitt. Outstanding if I say so myself. 

You could go as wee Burney now.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

I've had 6 different Halloween parties this month with the various language schools I work at.

I obviously didn't wear my mask for the kindergarten kids as it's too scary for them but a 9yo boy did piss himself and cry.....

IMG_20191008_184955.thumb.jpg.105b1e498cb0c675e4fa9641fc2cabf4.jpg

Let's see the scary mask then.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

My mother is an EYP, she has three sons. Not once has she ever dressed up. 

I was at school for nearly 13 years, not once did any of my teachers dress up. 

The Japanese take it all a bit more seriously.

japanese-halloween.jpg

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

My mother is an EYP, she has three sons. Not once has she ever dressed up. 

I was at school for nearly 13 years, not once did any of my teachers dress up. 

Probably explains why you're such an angry individual.

Anyway, in Japan they follow the American Halloween theme where all the teachers dress up. 

10 minutes ago, sjc said:

Probably explains why you're such an angry individual.

Anyway, in Japan they follow the American Halloween theme where all the teachers dress up. 

It's at this point I normally remind people in your type of situation to, politely, remind them who won the fucking war.