Falkirk v Airdrie

I'm not arguing with lyrics mate, I'm arguing with singing songs that are associated with bigots. I's personally be mortified if Falkirk supporters started that pish. I don't agree with fans of other clubs singing their songs either.
I didn't like the 'we are the steeple' stuff when it was sung but it was started to take the pish out of Sevco, and it worked. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think it was sung other than against the bigot brothers.
Other than that I thought your fans were excellent today. The type of stuff that spurs a team on, which it certainly did.

Airdrie fans were also singing “if you hate the old firm clap your hands” which, although a bit primary school assembly, I think reflects the vast majority of the healthy crowd’s standpoint at the game. And by that I mean home and away.

I don’t think Just because Rangers fans used to sing a very common chant that’s been on the go for decades means they get to claim it over smaller teams.

Fair play to the FFC fans. You’ve had a dreadful 2 and a quarter seasons but your support is very healthy. If you use your resources anything like properly, you should win the league.

Looking forward to the return game at our place [emoji815]️

17 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Sitting editing highlights at 11:30 on a Saturday night is normally a bit of a pain in the arse, but on days like today I wouldn't have it any other way. Pure filth.

I know I have the cling film on the keyboard waiting on you posting them.....

Thought Falkirk looked exactly the same as the first time we played them. Had more of the ball and territory, but as mentioned I don't think Hutton made an actual save, all he had to do was just pick up lots of loose balls and punch/catch crosses. Whereas Mutch made a couple of good stops and we missed virtually an open goal.

Falkirk seem to try and play a possession style game to allow the full-backs to get forward and put crosses in. Against teams in this league that is playing in to most teams' hands as heading balls away is about all most defenders in this league can do. Plus when all your width comes from full-backs unless you are Liverpool the quality they are going to produce tends not to be the same as that of more naturally attacking wide players. Energetic ball winners in centre midfield and pace out wide is what is needed at this level, I've been crying out for us to try and get this for years rather than searching for the elusive 'creative midfielder' that actually isn't necessary at this level. Falkirk seem to have signed a few of these guys who are good players (Gomis particularly was class) but they probably aren't what Falkirk need given how every team is going to play against them. Like we did, teams will sit in and just watch them passing it side to side not going anywhere until the full-back hits a cross in.

I still think Falkirk will win the league, but the longer they go being stuck in a quagmire with 3 or 4 other teams and not pulling ahead the more the pressure will build and unease amongst the fans will increase, which is only going to make it even harder for them.

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Thought Falkirk looked exactly the same as the first time we played them. Had more of the ball and territory, but as mentioned I don't think Hutton made an actual save, all he had to do was just pick up lots of loose balls and punch/catch crosses. Whereas Mutch made a couple of good stops and we missed virtually an open goal.

Falkirk seem to try and play a possession style game to allow the full-backs to get forward and put crosses in. Against teams in this league that is playing in to most teams' hands as heading balls away is about all most defenders in this league can do. Plus when all your width comes from full-backs unless you are Liverpool the quality they are going to produce tends not to be the same as that of more naturally attacking wide players. Energetic ball winners in centre midfield and pace out wide is what is needed at this level, I've been crying out for us to try and get this for years rather than searching for the elusive 'creative midfielder' that actually isn't necessary at this level. Falkirk seem to have signed a few of these guys who are good players (Gomis particularly was class) but they probably aren't what Falkirk need given how every team is going to play against them. Like we did, teams will sit in and just watch them passing it side to side not going anywhere until the full-back hits a cross in.

I still think Falkirk will win the league, but the longer they go being stuck in a quagmire with 3 or 4 other teams and not pulling ahead the more the pressure will build and unease amongst the fans will increase, which is only going to make it even harder for them.

Can you take over from McKinnon please? More actual tactical chat in this message than he’s provided in 13 months