how much is your council tax

Ylf

14 minutes ago, Ylf said:

following on from gman and his gas and electric thread how much do you pay for council tax? i’m in a small 2 bed flat £98 a month. heard some people paying over £200 a month emoji849.pngemoji24.png

DD4 Near the Morgan Academy, I'm £141 split between two people for a 2 bed flat.

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

330 for me. I hadn't paid for 6 years and this year they decided to take it out my wages so I've been 50 quid a week down all year.

How did you get away with for 6 years?!

I missed one payment last year and they sent me a letter within a week, threatening legal action and fees added on top, and from what I've read elsewhere they take it very seriously.

Is it different in Ireland?

I have no idea how much our council tax is a month. I pay a whack of money into an account and all sorts of bills etc come off it.

When we lived in a rented flat years ago, Edinburgh council neglected to take any council tax off us for a year and then sent us a legal letter demanding payment of approximately £1000 or we’d be handed over to the debt collection agencies. We had been keeping all the council tax payments in another account so has the money and I went into the council offices to pay it. It turned out that the council had accidentally been sending our bills to the council office on Gorgie Road, they had somehow re-recorded our address as the council offices. Nobody involved at any point thought “do these people really live in th council offices?”.

Also, despite showing up at the offices as asked with a demand for payment and all the money required ready to pay, they somehow needed to send me to three more appointments to get. It sorted.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

When we lived in a rented flat years ago, Edinburgh council neglected to take any council tax off us for a year and then sent us a legal letter demanding payment of approximately £1000 or we’d be handed over to the debt collection agencies. We had been keeping all the council tax payments in another account so has the money and I went into the council offices to pay it. It turned out that the council had accidentally been sending our bills to the council office on Gorgie Road, they had somehow re-recorded our address as the council offices. Nobody involved at any point thought “do these people really live in th council offices?”.

Also, despite showing up at the offices as asked with a demand for payment and all the money required ready to pay, they somehow needed to send me to three more appointments to get. It sorted.

You should send that into Take a Break.