St Johnstone vs Ross County 29/12/2019

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I usually overreact, but think I've pretty much nailed it this time tbh. Graham was on the pitch about 20 minutes, elbowed two folk, punched another, and probably wasnt even the worst player in terms of foul.

Genuinely lost count of the amount of players who were either kicked, or dragged down, off the ball. Vigurs was run away from constantly central and just clipped folks heels as they ran away from him yet somehow survived with just one booking.

We also had the dreadful Scottish football trait of a side going away and time wasting after 20 minutes as they're struggling.

Have to agree with all that. 

I'd be happy for us to become the shithouse team in the league absolutely bruising our way to getting points, if we actually won the games where we employed these tactics, we have dropped a scary amount of points from winning position.

I think we'll be fine but one or two in the door in January would be nice.

Also Saints will be fine imo

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

As an aside, I see a very prominent bar in the city centre has been showing Saints games live recently, was very busy on Saturday by all accounts.

1. How do you know what 'busy' is? 2,500 punters. Yikes. 

2. Which bar? 

Meh, I'm perfectly fine with folk mocking me etc. I'm a dreadful poster on here and deserve most of it. I overreact to everything to do with Saints.
But I cannot stand the shitey wee behind the back belittling that [mention=6873]Radford[/mention]s been dropping into every post match post for the past month, at least tag me in the posts if you're intending on ripping into me.
Badford

County were the dirtiest shower of cheating fuckers to come to McDiarmid since Minsk. Surely there are sanctions for having so many bookings in a game? Seen plenty of folk mentioning Vigurs, but Fontaine should have been booked for a late tackle in the first half ( ref played advantage but could and should have gone back and booked him). His booking in the second half would then have been a second yellow.
Ultimately though our failure to take our chances is what cost us. Much better performance though and plenty to be pleased with.

What's with supporters of other clubs obsession with other club's crowds?

Crowd obsession is the kind of thing that holds our football back. Crowds don't define the results. Hearts have big crowds, they're still absolutely shite.

Talk about the fucking football FFS. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I thought, especially second half, Saints were very good last night. Struggling to think of a player who was disappointing. I watched on Saints TV and Fizzy Scott thought Beaton had a good game - didn’t think he was as bad as some folk are making out but he let it go too long with the first booking and this caused him trouble later on.

He gets a load of abuse on here, I think a lot of it is ott, but I thought Ralston was good yesterday. Yes, his distribution can be iffy at times but he showed good energy and he was driving Saints on in the last 10 minutes. He’s definitely not perfect but I thought he was a lot better than a Foster, at least yesterday. Gordon has made a huge difference coming back - Booth did alright but I actually thought Tommy might have brought on Tanser early in the second half as we were doing all the attacking.

On another day Matty scores 2 or 3 yesterday, the last chance he had, from a good Booth cross was actually the best one. He kept going though and always looks our most dangerous wide player.

County were pretty awful but they weren’t helped by the injuries they got throughout. There seemed to be an incredible amount of off the ball stuff going on and they were lucky to end with 10.

Overall, an encouraging performance by Saints. Deserved the three points but I think the last 5 games have shown we have enough to stay up.

What's with supporters of other clubs obsession with other club's crowds?
Crowd obsession is the kind of thing that holds our football back. Crowds don't define the results. Hearts have big crowds, they're still absolutely shite.
Talk about the fucking football FFS. 
Seems to be mainly a Dundee/Falkirk thing.

I do find it fascinating how Hamilton and Livi are able to sustain top flight football given their attendances, I wouldn't rip the piss out of them for it though.

Fair play to them, and the County/Inverness/Elgin ect fans that travel up and down the country every 2nd week following their team.

54 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I thought, especially second half, Saints were very good last night. Struggling to think of a player who was disappointing. I watched on Saints TV and Fizzy Scott thought Beaton had a good game - didn’t think he was as bad as some folk are making out but he let it go too long with the first booking and this caused him trouble later on.

He gets a load of abuse on here, I think a lot of it is ott, but I thought Ralston was good yesterday. Yes, his distribution can be iffy at times but he showed good energy and he was driving Saints on in the last 10 minutes. He’s definitely not perfect but I thought he was a lot better than a Foster, at least yesterday. Gordon has made a huge difference coming back - Booth did alright but I actually thought Tommy might have brought on Tanser early in the second half as we were doing all the attacking.

On another day Matty scores 2 or 3 yesterday, the last chance he had, from a good Booth cross was actually the best one. He kept going though and always looks our most dangerous wide player.

County were pretty awful but they weren’t helped by the injuries they got throughout. There seemed to be an incredible amount of off the ball stuff going on and they were lucky to end with 10.

Overall, an encouraging performance by Saints. Deserved the three points but I think the last 5 games have shown we have enough to stay up.

Agree Ralston had a decent game yesterday. But that moment where he had comfortable possession of the ball, but decided to dive into a slide tackle with only himself anywhere near the ball in the first half was fucking bonkers!

16 hours ago, yoda said:

I wasn't at the game (and probably won't watch full highlights) but it wouldn't be a St Johnstone match thread without RandomGuy's "Saints failed to win and I'm going to be a whining wee bitch; the other team were vile criminals and the referee was complicit in it" post. 

I hope it's accurate and County have finally adopted a "horrible, hammer throwing c***s" attitude. 

Ah, the "Murray Davidson" style of play.