The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

8 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Surely I can't have been 1st to watch the finale?

Not that its a competition, but I watched it at about 1pm your time on Wednesday. Wonder if this is the end or whether the next season will be about the Dins travelling around the galaxy?

Given their prior history with ceremonies and monsters, I was waiting on the Mythosaur jumping out the water and attacking the Mandalorians!

52 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Not that its a competition, but I watched it at about 1pm your time on Wednesday. Wonder if this is the end or whether the next season will be about the Dins travelling around the galaxy?

They said at Star Wars celebration that the writing is already done for season 4 and they expect filming to start before the end of the year.

It must be one of the biggest hits Disney plus have and given how precarious the Star Wars movies are just now they're probably relying on the TV stuff to keep interest in the franchise going in the meantime.

Already starting to read speculation about Series 4 and that Moff Gideon isn't dead! That the 'Moff' that died at the end there was a clone and the real Moff is still strutting around somewhere safe. That his beskar alloy suit may have actually protected him and he didn't burn to death etc etc etc. I need to get back to work!

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Already starting to read speculation about Series 4 and that Moff Gideon isn't dead! That the 'Moff' that died at the end there was a clone and the real Moff is still strutting around somewhere safe. That his beskar alloy suit may have actually protected him and he didn't burn to death etc etc etc. I need to get back to work!

Did you see the body?

I thought it was a good but not spectacular finale. There wasn't much in the way of surprise and it felt like the episode could have done with another 20 minutes or so, just so that things weren't quite so rushed.

We briefly see the smaller ships abandon the Mandalorian's Destroyer, for it to get taken out by the Imperial Bombers. But there's no follow up to show what happened to the bombers after that. They could have been defeated or chased off by the Mandalorian's other ships but showing a little more of the sky/space battles would have helped the balance of the episode.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

It was...fine. I think Season 2 and Andor has set the expectations impossibly high.

It felt like a Disney-esque 'and they lived happily ever after' wrapped up in a bow ending. Fine, but there's usually a cost. S1, moff survived and the darksaber is teased and s2 Grogu leaves. This time not so much.

It just felt like too much a slew of nice things all being packed in at the end?(when did I get so cynical?) Grogu is now a Mandalorian, djarin is now his da, the kingdom of Mandalore is restored and the IG11 robot is back, everyone rejoice!🙌 What's actually been earned? din djarin is just back bounty hunting again?

Just a whimsical point of my own that has crept up but every time The Armourer talks, she sounds incredibly sardonic which is fucking hilarious under the right context and I can't unhear it now at every line.

More pumped for the Ashoka show tbh as I finally get my justification for reading the Thrawn trilogy as well as watching Rebels.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

One other thing that was very underwhelming was the "great" forge of Mandalore being lit. It was literally just one forge that was only about twice the size of the forge they had in the fucking sewers on Nevarro. 

They should have come back at the end of the episode and done a shot similar to the one in Lord of the Rings of the Caverns of Isengard when Saruman is making his army. Panning down from the top, showing lots of movement and noise with the Mandalorian's starting to rebuild their civilisation. Then it could have cut to Mando and Grogu just chilling out.

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

They said at Star Wars celebration that the writing is already done for season 4 and they expect filming to start before the end of the year.

It must be one of the biggest hits Disney plus have and given how precarious the Star Wars movies are just now they're probably relying on the TV stuff to keep interest in the franchise going in the meantime.

Yeah Moth Gideon was only a sector of the organization that was growing in the quiet against the new republic, so still plenty to do ridding it from the galaxy.

6 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

It was...fine. I think Season 2 and Andor has set the expectations impossibly high.

It felt like a Disney-esque 'and they lived happily ever after' wrapped up in a bow ending. Fine, but there's usually a cost. S1, moff survived and the darksaber is teased and s2 Grogu leaves. This time not so much.

It just felt like too much a slew of nice things all being packed in at the end?(when did I get so cynical?) Grogu is now a Mandalorian, djarin is now his da, the kingdom of Mandalore is restored and the IG11 robot is back, everyone rejoice!🙌 What's actually been earned? din djarin is just back bounty hunting again?

Just a whimsical point of my own that has crept up but every time The Armourer talks, she sounds incredibly sardonic which is fucking hilarious under the right context and I can't unhear it now at every line.

More pumped for the Ashoka show tbh as I finally get my justification for reading the Thrawn trilogy as well as watching Rebels.

Grogu isn't a Mandalorian yet. He's an apprentice.

Mandalore is a long way from being restored. They need to clear away decades of debris and rebuild. They need to get more Mandalorians to return.

Din is back doing missions again because Grogu has to accompany him to serve his apprenticeship to become a Mandolorian.

I'd say it's more an ANH ending that a ROTJ ending.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah Moth Gideon was only a sector of the organization that was growing in the quiet against the new republic, so still plenty to do ridding it from the galaxy.

Moff, not Moth!

Also, we don't know he's dead...

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mandalore is a long way from being restored. They need to clear away decades of debris and rebuild. They need to get more Mandalorians to return.

Din is back doing missions again because Grogu has to accompany him to serve his apprenticeship to become a Mandolorian.

Moff, not Moth!

So what you're saying is s4 is going to be shite...

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Moff, not Moth!

The way he went to the flames he looked like a moth.

Dead or not my point still stands.

39 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The way he went to the flames he looked like a moth.

Dead or not my point still stands.

Yeah the Imperial Remnants are still quite powerful. Looks like Ahsoka will expand on that. Who knows, we might see a couple of cameos?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yeah the Imperial Remnants are still quite powerful. Looks like Ahsoka will expand on that. Who knows, we might see a couple of cameos?

Aye Ahsoka has been in the Mandalorian a couple of times, so hopefully he'll make an appearance in her show. I liked the crossover between  Mandalorian and The Book Of Boba Fett too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just binged Mando 3 over the weekend.
Great.

For a "Star Wars" thread some of you here and on the other Star Wars thread don't half greet like fucking weans.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Great.

For a "Star Wars" thread some of you here and on the other Star Wars thread don't half greet like fucking weans.

It's always been the way. There was a scene in the Big Bang Theory when Wil Wheaton talks about how seriously Star Wars fans take their stuff, and it was spot on.  

On 09/05/2023 at 00:40, Busta Nut said:

Great.

Prob get a different experience than waiting a week at a time, esp when there was a couple of slow episodes with not much happening. Picked up at the end with the final 2 episodes though, and made up for the lull in the middle.

I wasn't a star wars fan but have got into them with the spin offs, really enjoying watching all the spin offs and the later films. Earlier ones are a bit pish though.

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Prob get a different experience than waiting a week at a time, esp when there was a couple of slow episodes with not much happening. Picked up at the end with the final 2 episodes though, and made up for the lull in the middle.

I wasn't a star wars fan but have got into them with the spin offs, really enjoying watching all the spin offs and the later films. Earlier ones are a bit pish though.

the early movies are a bit pish? As in A New Hope, Empire and Return of the Jedi??

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

the early movies are a bit pish? As in A New Hope, Empire and Return of the Jedi??

Yeah sorry i meant in chronological sequence of I, II, III, not in the order of when they actually came out. Those prequals aren't very good compared to the others.

I watched the first Star Wars when it came out and it was fine, but didn't really grab me, so didn't bother with the rest till a lot later on watching them on the telly. But the prequals with Anakin bored me. I've watched them all again in sequence since i got hooked with the spin offs, still not a fan of the I, II, and III films, Phantom Menace, Attack of The Clones, and Revenge of The Sith. 

On 09/05/2023 at 00:40, Busta Nut said:

Great.

The first 2 eps were just as bad if not worse than TBOB slow burners, at one point in ep 2 i thought mando was gonna go to the shops for a pint of milk and a paper

6 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The first 2 eps were just as bad if not worse than TBOB slow burners, at one point in ep 2 i thought mando was gonna go to the shops for a pint of milk and a paper

I'd watch that tbf. Would be funny watching Grogu hassling him for a bag of frogs. 

Edited by Swarley