Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

No real incentive for Ayr fans to buy in advance of matchday itself when there are weather warnings in place. Whilst I hope it goes ahead for the benefit of the St Johnstone fans (nothing like a big away day), I have no desire to see a repeat of the home game against Arbroath. Both teams deserve better than that.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

It will be our biggest support at a Scottish Cup tie away from McDiarmid since the final 6 years ago.

If Saints get through this tie, it will be the furthest we've been in the Scottish Cup since we won it.  Fairly poor record since then.  

Last time we won the Scottish Cup, we played Aberdeen away from McDiarmid in the game before our Fifth Round tie, which was away to a lower league side...

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don’t see a reality where we don’t win the Scottish cup this year tbh. 

Stevie May ✅

Similar run of fixtures ✅

English CM on loan ✅

Year beginning with 20 ✅

Final hosted in Glasgow ✅

The fates are with us lads.

For those that are coming into Ayr Town Centre. Drouthy Neebors, Twa Dugs and The Tam O Shanter are all decent boozers that will have football and racing on. All within five minutes of the train station. Food wise Meridian and The Ghillie Dhu (big screen football too) are good. 

If feeling flush/flash The Growler does craft beers and posh nosh. 

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

No real incentive for Ayr fans to buy in advance of matchday itself when there are weather warnings in place. Whilst I hope it goes ahead for the benefit of the St Johnstone fans (nothing like a big away day), I have no desire to see a repeat of the home game against Arbroath. Both teams deserve better than that.

I’ll likely buy mine about an hour before the game, it’s just the way I roll*.

* I’m a disorganised mess

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

“Plenty to say before tomorrow’s game” = something that was said 12 years ago.

Tbf hes in the media today talking about the game aswell.

Think a lot of Ayr fans will be hanging off buying until tomorrow morning to have a rough idea of weather and whether the game might be in doubt.

According to the Met Office wind gusting from 50-56 mph during game. Would say that's pretty borderline game on/off.

If it does play it's not going to be a pretty game!