What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies?

Dee Man

Anything made from velvet; specifically older car seats covered with that sort of velvet/minging material.

Any sort of buzzing that sounds like a wasp/fly catching my ears; makes me physically cringe, probably to do with the fact I’m terrified of wasps. A plastic bag that’s caught in a fence or a tree, being fluttered by the wind makes a similar sort of noise and makes me squirm if I hear it.

Folks with dirty hands; especially nails. Gives me the boak. Bonus points for that smokers tinge smokers get on their fingers. Bogging.

15 hours ago, mathematics said:

The feeling of cloth-like material between my teeth, or seeing people put cloth-like material between their teeth. Just thinking about it gives me The Fear.

Cold shivers reading this. Something like cord or velvet would be worst. 

Other people touching my neck. I don't know why. I'm fine with me touching it and I can wear things like scarves no problem, but even an extended hand towards my neck area from someone else would result in some Bruce Lee like reactions from me.

Feet for me. Anyone attempting to give me a foot massage would get launched through the window. Or the wall...I wouldn’t waste time worrying about accuracy.

Heights.
I once took my daughters to the Ratho Climbing Centre for a go on the aerial obstacle course.
It starts off with a zip slide and then you start walking across logs and the likes about 200 feet up.
I managed the zip slide, got two or three steps on to the first log, looked down and that was that. I gingerly took a couple of steps back to solid ground and refused to go any further.
Someone had to come and remove the harness from me and I made my way back to ground level.
Meanwhile my daughters, age 11 and 8 completed the course and took great delight in my abject failure.
Even now, 12 or 13 years later they take great pleasure in reminding me of this particular failure.

7 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Humans aren’t designed for heights anyhow; lucky the adrenaline seekers haven’t been selected out by nature yet.

Aye, like a fear of sharks, I wouldn't put a fear of heights into the irrational category. Falling from height is obviously quite dangerous so the fear response making you wary is probably a good thing; cotton wool between the teeth, not so much.