Queens v Alloa

The comeback would have papered over a lot of cracks if we’d held on to it. We were rank rotten for 75 minutes today and got exactly what we deserved.

With a new goalkeeper and rookie defender in the side (not to mention Mercer going off) I suppose it might have been expected that we’d have a few wobbly moments at the back. I wasn’t expecting them every single time Alloa attacked though! Brownlie was genuinely like a 12th man for Alloa today. I’m hard pushed to think of a more inept defensive performance than his today. He treated it like a pre season friendly and if that’s his attitude then Thistle are more than welcome to take him off our hands early because on that showing he’ll help our cause in our relegation battle against them.

As for the rest, where do you even start?

Abdul Osman. Has all the physical attributes to be a cracking footballer. Sadly he is a lazy b*****d and probably the worst player I’ve ever seen for passing the buck onto his team mates. He was every bit as bad as Brownlie today and that is quite an achievement.

Gary Oliver has stolen a wage off us all season, contributing the square root of f**k all. I don’t think he is necessarily a terrible player, but he has zero understanding with Dobbie and just doesn’t look like he wants to be here.

Connor Murray just isn’t good enough. Disappears from the game for 20 minutes, does a couple of step-overs then disappears again.

Dan Pybus should take up long distance running because he isn’t a footballer.

Michael Paton. Give him his dues today was probably his best performance since rejoining. He still wasn’t very good though.

Take Dobbie and Holt out that team today and I don’t even think they are League 1 quality.

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

You guys are not taking this well are you ? 

Arbroath fans were like this , the opposing side does take some credit .

That was by far the worst performance from Queens this season. I think its pretty much to be expected that Queens fans are going to focus on that.

Alloa did enough to win but the fact that it was so close and needed a late goal probably explains why we're not all here extolling the virtues of Alloas swashbuckling football

3 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

The comeback would have papered over a lot of cracks if we’d held on to it. We were rank rotten for 75 minutes today and got exactly what we deserved.

With a new goalkeeper and rookie defender in the side (not to mention Mercer going off) I suppose it might have been expected that we’d have a few wobbly moments at the back. I wasn’t expecting them every single time Alloa attacked though! Brownlie was genuinely like a 12th man for Alloa today. I’m hard pushed to think of a more inept defensive performance than his today. He treated it like a pre season friendly and if that’s his attitude then Thistle are more than welcome to take him off our hands early because on that showing he’ll help our cause in our relegation battle against them.

As for the rest, where do you even start?

Abdul Osman. Has all the physical attributes to be a cracking footballer. Sadly he is a lazy b*****d and probably the worst player I’ve ever seen for passing the buck onto his team mates. He was every bit as bad as Brownlie today and that is quite an achievement.

Gary Oliver has stolen a wage off us all season, contributing the square root of f**k all. I don’t think he is necessarily a terrible player, but he has zero understanding with Dobbie and just doesn’t look like he wants to be here.

Connor Murray just isn’t good enough. Disappears from the game for 20 minutes, does a couple of step-overs then disappears again.

Dan Pybus should take up long distance running because he isn’t a footballer.

Michael Paton. Give him his dues today was probably his best performance since rejoining. He still wasn’t very good though.

Take Dobbie and Holt out that team today and I don’t even think they are League 1 quality.

You are spot on your post AJ can try and fix a few things this week with signing but I don't thing he has a clue how and who to try and sign 

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, whereismillar said:
You guys are not taking this well are you ? 
Arbroath fans were like this , the opposing side does take some credit .

Alloa created 3 good chances and took them. What else do you want us to say?

Alloa created 2 good chances.

You can't take the credit away from Brownlie.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Alloa did very well to take the chances that came their way, and deal with the setbacks of losing Macdonald and their two goal cushion. I was also very impressed with their “young team” who made a lot of noise throughout and had an impressive repertoire of songs compared with the usual 2 or 3 on repeat you get from most away supports.

I don’t really give a shit about any of that to be honest though. As a Queens fan I’d much rather discuss the glaring deficiencies that were on show today. Venting on here is almost therapeutic after having to suffer through that today.

We are already missing two absolutely key men in Graham and Trouten. Then we lose MacDonald who has been so important to us, meaning we played a bit of the first half and all of the second half with a young keeper who had made one senior appearance previously, two years ago. I can fully understand the frustration of the QoS fans. To lose and after getting back to 2-2 is appalling. 

From our point of view, it's fantastic. A really special group of players who keep digging out big performances and results against the odds. 

I was also very impressed with their “young team” who made a lot of noise throughout and had an impressive repertoire of songs compared with the usual 2 or 3 on repeat you get from most away supports.

Have to admit I thought the opposite. There was a song about how terrible we were and then it was "Dirty Tory b*****ds" and "Are you England in disguise/English b*****ds" on repeat throughout. Add in them mouthing off to our support every time they went in their packs to the loo or shop, them letting off a flare and them being spoken to by the stewards on several occasions (I can't recall seeing that many stewards at the away end, especially for such a small group) I actually thought they were the biggest fuckwits we've had at Palmerston for a while.

We are already missing two absolutely key men in Graham and Trouten. Then we lose MacDonald who has been so important to us, meaning we played a bit of the first half and all of the second half with a young keeper who had made one senior appearance previously, two years ago. I can fully understand the frustration of the QoS fans. To lose and after getting back to 2-2 is appalling. 
From our point of view, it's fantastic. A really special group of players who keep digging out big performances and results against the odds. 
Your young 'keeper ensured you got all 3 points tbf. He looked shaky at crosses but he made a cracking save from Dobbie late on and a superb one soon after from Hamilton.

8 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Alloa did very well to take the chances that came their way, and deal with the setbacks of losing Macdonald and their two goal cushion. I was also very impressed with their “young team” who made a lot of noise throughout and had an impressive repertoire of songs compared with the usual 2 or 3 on repeat you get from most away supports.

I don’t really give a shit about any of that to be honest though. As a Queens fan I’d much rather discuss the glaring deficiencies that were on show today. Venting on here is almost therapeutic after having to suffer through that today.

It's a pity their "young team"  felt the need to let off a smoke bomb.  About 6 stewards standing watching them and no action taken.  There was an ejection about 10 minutes later though, not sure if it's connected. Have Alloa ever brought such a vocal support before? 

Yeah I mean if you’re an Alloa fan you’re going to be loving that today, and the resolve you showed bodes well for the rest of the season.

You undeniably got a helping hand from our shower of imposters today though.

Most of our posters are pretty balanced and give credit where it is due. I’m sure we were honest enough in the 3-3 game to admit that you blew us away until we absolutely stole a draw thanks to the genius of Dobbie.

The win is all that matters from your point of view not how it came about. But for us there is a lot to mull over.

Of the 14 goals conceded against Alloa in the last 2 seasons 10 were crosses. One being directly from a corner. Another was a FK. So 3 goals from open play. You'd think we'd be able to figure out how Alloa play by now.

Crosses aren't "open play"?

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Your young 'keeper ensured you got all 3 points tbf. He looked shaky at crosses but he made a cracking save from Dobbie late on and a superb one soon after from Hamilton.

He did well with the late saves, but to be honest, I thought that he should have saved them.

The curling Dobbie effort wasn't high enough.  It was actually quite close to the 'keeper.  He made it look better than was necessary by swatting it one handedly.  The Hamilton shot looked straight at him I thought.  Hamilton also missed a great chance with a header shortly before.  He tried a wee glancing effort that was comfortably saved, when a powerful downward header would have been a better bet.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, printer said:

Crosses aren't "open play"?

Technically yes but I think you get the point I'm making.

Yes, we've done this before.  Crosses delivered from anything other than free kicks and corners however, must be considered open play.

I thought the ‘keeper flapped at the Dobbie effort and got lucky.

Hamilton’s headed effort was really poor and although the shot was straight at him I think the young lad at least deserves a bit of credit for being fast off his line and narrowing the angle.

He was very clearly a complete rookie though yet we barely tested him until late on. One of our many glaring mistakes today.