Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Was in the town centre to pick up a prescription from Boots.  Drove past three bus drivers huddled together yapping.  How stupid are these people?

I've seen them outside my shop all this week doing the same. I can say from experience the vast majority of Xplore drivers are simpletons. 

Just going on official guidance, they won't test me at the minute, I'm not on deaths door so the NHS won't even speak to me. I have not had a fever for days and I am past the worst of it. 

I am awaiting advice on when i can return to work, i'm due back in on tuesday should I be well enough which I think I will be.

I am a key worker and my work place is getting wiped out at the minute. So if I'm over it I am needed back but I know they won't chance it if they're not 100% happy.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anything else open in the town?

Not really.  Boots weren’t even open; restricted hours!

Only reason (excuse) for a chemist having restricted hours just now is staff shortages.

Buch highlighted the seriousness of the situation by comparing Igualada's coronavirus fatality rate of 63.1 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants to Catalonia's rate of 6.9 deaths, Spain's 7.4 deaths, Madrid's 27.9 deaths, and the Italian region of Lombardy's 41.6 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants.

The health minister confirmed there were 306 positive cases in the area, of which 140 are health professionals. 41 people have died.

The towns of Igualada, Vilanova del Camí, Santa Margarida de Montbui and Òdena have been in quarantine since March 13.

An investigation into that the outbreak that led to the four towns being completely sealed off by police  showed it could be traced back to a lunch held on February 28 that was attended by 80 people, many of whom work in Igualada Hospital.

The worry about the above is that we could still end up bearing the brunt of inaction by our Gov until it's been too late. I'm sure we'll find out one way or another over the next couple of weeks.

They'd probably shoot me here if I tried!  
Seriously though, here it's a waste of time trying to  argue about sub-standard products - it's pretty much the case that once you've bought it it's yours and your problem.  The 7-day return policy  kinds exemplifies this. 

I just replied to Welshbairn with pretty much the same!

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Brutal.

Why is Spain so fucked as well? Full of old c***s?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/26/spain-coronavirus-response-analysis

"On 19 February, 2,500 Valencia soccer fans mixed with 40,000 Atalanta supporters for a Champions League game in Bergamo which Giorgio Gori, mayor of the Italian city, has described as “the bomb” which exploded the virus in Lombardy."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

36 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've seen them outside my shop all this week doing the same. I can say from experience the vast majority of Xplore drivers are simpletons. 

I have just called them to complain.  Only got through to an answering service but left a message and my contact details.

I have not personally witnessed anything so completely stupid since this thing has started.

ETA they have an online complaint form that is designed to stop people making complaints imo.

Edited by Granny Danger

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Brutal.

It's not just Spain, here is a list of countries that are getting it bad, per population.

c19.png

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Brutal.

Both Spain and Italy are still reckoned to be a couple of weeks ahead of us, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing "carnage" over the next few weeks.

The fatality rates are probably just the tip of the iceberg when you factor in those living alone or even couples who've both died in isolation and haven't been discovered yet.