Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

EUmTlAnUUAA3QzU?format=jpg

Weaponised bats have been around since the 80s tbf.

340?cb=20140609122930

52 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can say with 100,000% certainty this didn't happen.

Why is an 82 year old who has been told to isolate for 12 weeks taking the dog out a walk on a narrow bridge anyway?

Sadly some elderly people have no other option but to go out (carefully) and hope that they're ok, a little bit of compassion and understanding goes a long way Marshy. 

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

BTW this is what will happen imo. The restrictions haven't been tough enough and too many people dgaf, so they'll have to get more draconian before things get better. Would love to be wrong here. 

You must have more evidence than the government then, do you think politicians make these decisions on their own ? They take advice from experts, not Facebook

21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

That doesn't undo all the bad stuff but this time they've done the right thing.
Which is pretty much what every employer is doing.

You’re being naive in the extreme if you genuinely believe the above. It is absolutely not what “pretty much every employer” is doing.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The CMO today quite categorically stated we should prepare for the current restrictions if not stricter to be in place for at least 13 weeks. A bit much to be guessing what restrictions will be wasted after 1 of them.

If that's true then the stockpiling will go into overdrive, if you're no fast you'll be last.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You clearly don't live in Ayrshire, half the folk out are those that should be shielding through age ! My neighbour 3 up is 84, a lovely man but pretty frail at the best if times. He's still walking by every morning to the shop for his paper and this despite him refusing free delivery when I asked the lassie working there about him.

I was more meaning the folk mouthing off at her etc 

3 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

You must have more evidence than the government then, do you think politicians make these decisions on their own ? They take advice from experts, not Facebook

It's what happened in Italy. If the rates don't drop they have no other move to make. 

And given a fair proportion of businesses seem to still be insisting people come work we'll get non essential businesses to close and we really really mean it this time in a week or so. 

7 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

The Government have said they'll introduce stronger controls if and when the science recommends it ie. if the current measures aren't slowing the transmission rate enough, which we won't know for a week or so.

Edited by welshbairn

You clearly don't live in Ayrshire, half the folk out are those that should be shielding through age ! My neighbour 3 up is 84, a lovely man but pretty frail at the best if times. He's still walking by every morning to the shop for his paper and this despite him refusing free delivery when I asked the lassie working there about him.

Walking to the shop every day is absolutely not in contradiction of the guidelines for self isolation.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Downing St in full panic mode, we're now fighting with the rest of the world. 

Pure English Bulldog jingoistic bullshit. The way he's talking about doctors, nurses, cleaners, carers, porters etc...as if they've signed up for a mission of no return. Saying they have to wait to get tested. I f**k off mate.