Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Tories are hateful.
Who voted for these p***ks?

Selfish p***ks and morons. It turns out England's full of them, and we've got more than we'd care to admit up here as well.
The MSN really need to hold these fuckers feet to the fire but won't. People are dying unnecessary because of these c***s!
What is the msn? (is it not msm?)

The media are heavily dominated by right wing owners and the bbc is shit scared of the press. It's a fucking shite state of affairs.

Somehow, despite information being more widely available than ever before, the non - switched-on masses are happy to swallow up the same right wing lies as ever.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Selfish p***ks and morons. It turns out England's full of them, and we've got more than we'd care to admit up here as well.
What is the msn? (is it not msm?)

The media are heavily dominated by right wing owners and the bbc is shit scared of the press. It's a fucking shite state of affairs.

Somehow, despite information being more widely available than ever before, the non - switched-on masses are happy to swallow up the same right wing lies as ever.

A record high support for them in Wales after the latest poll.

I had a look at some of the reaction in the scientific community to that research and there was some scepticism over both the methodology and conclusions. 

Yes, like everything right now it is inconclusive. It is not currently peer reviewed.

The point being, its not cut and dried that it is a case of immunity after catching it. At this point we really don’t know.

On 06/04/2020 at 15:07, MixuFixit said:

I'd make a joke about Kincardine's favourite band being Godspeed You! Black Emperor but if that turned out to be true I think I'd go and walk into the sea.

On 06/04/2020 at 15:32, The_Kincardine said:

Perfect to have in  the background when I'm doing some housework.

Unnerving.  I posted earlier in the week my appreciation of this band and just read your post.

Better inflate your water wings, matey.

Yes, like everything right now it is inconclusive. It is not currently peer reviewed.

The point being, its not cut and dried that it is a case of immunity after catching it. At this point we really don’t know.

We've got to be on the lookout obviously, but the default position is that you will have immunity.

That's the norm for these types of viruses - with a very small number of cases that get it a second time.

That's an important distinction. It's inconclusive but very likely we will have immunity. Pretending we're just guessing at this stage is not helpful.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Crazy indeed but harmless in the circumstances. Plenty of reasons to hate people but this one's way down my list.

Fine, but we need a Petty Pandemic Things That Get On Your Nerves thread, in that case.

Crazy indeed but harmless in the circumstances. Plenty of reasons to hate people but this one's way down my list.
There's absolutely nowt wrong with that kind of stuff. Anything that connects people more with their local community is a good thing.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There's absolutely nowt wrong with that kind of stuff. Anything that connects people more with their local community is a good thing.

Presuming you mean anything that connects people to the local community without putting others at risk (as I'm sure you do) then absolutely.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You'd have found positives in working the fields during Year Zero, let's be honest.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We've got to be on the lookout obviously, but the default position is that you will have immunity.

That's the norm for these types of viruses - with a very small number of cases that get it a second time.

That's an important distinction. It's inconclusive but very likely we will have immunity. Pretending we're just guessing at this stage is not helpful.

I'm not suggesting the Bairnardos of this world don't breath a bit easier after having it, I'm just advising to keep taking precautions rather than going about their day with a billybigbaws attitude until more data becomes available , better safe than sorry. 

I guess this isn't a surprise. Presumably Hancock will blame the doctors for using too many key drugs.                                                                                 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52150861

Edited by Distant Doonhamer