Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

More than 850 hospital deaths today, and care homes appear to have morphed into waiting rooms for mass graves. But the bottom of the barrel of UK commentators (Dan Hodges, Allison Pearson, etc), plus a handful of P&B's most enlightened posters, reckon we should be lifting restrictions soon and getting everything back to normal.

I'm in sheltered housing so I presume that is similar.

I’m six years aulder than that self-entitled sod Charlie Windsor. 

In 2008 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and was given Metformin pills (4 per day).

Subsequently I have to inject myself twice a day (morning & evening) with insulin.

I was also a heavy smoker and I take one Losartan Potassium pill per day for high blood pressure and one Simvastatin pill each day to lower my cholesterol .

I stopped smoking (cold turkey) in 2012 and have never had a cig since.

This morning I got a letter from NHS Tayside detailing what I should do if I catch the virus. They give a list of pills that I should stop. Unfortunately all the ones I take are on the list.  I ken I’m vulnerable to Covid-19 and I’ve been self isolating for the last 3-4 weeks. I bide in sheltered housing which is a big building suitable for supporting 90 folk. Since self isolating I’ve never seen any of my neighbours. My lassie gets my messages and leaves them at my door. But the day has to come when I face the world. Would that be before or after a vaccine is developed?

nhs03.jpg

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No i agree that there should be controls on travel into the country, but im just pointing out to some of the helen lovejoy ‘wont someone blame the polis’ hysteria is misplaced and this is actually nothing to do with them. A police officer has only very limited powers in terms of immigration act stuff.

Whats to stop them from stopping cars as they leave the airport and asking a question or two?

They seem to have got quite adept at stopping just about anyone else.

34 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Taiwan showing us how it's done. Tuesday marked a month of no new cases and in total they've had just 393 cases and six people dead.

coonavirus-taiwan_wide-90d56907d97f10af5737a4c13d33735b08ffed73-s800-c85.jpg

They’ve even got live sports back. 

38 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Taiwan showing us how it's done. Tuesday marked a month of no new cases and in total they've had just 393 cases and six people dead.

Their numbers are incredibly good, but they have had 19 new cases so far this month. And 1 death.

25 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

But the day has to come when I face the world. Would that be before or after a vaccine is developed?

With you there m8, who knows? If you're worried about the note from NHS Tayside I'd ask for a phone appointment with your GP to explain it to you, it was  unnecessarily rude as well as obscure imo.

fri.JPG.486b506c11e644218c961df6c27a48bb.JPG

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Just had a look at Glasgow and Edinburgh airport websites, hardly any flights are going, and the ones that are flying are mainly internal. Only international flight coming into Glasgow today was from Dublin.

Hopefully the coppers are monitoring the Colston lights.

Whats to stop them from stopping cars as they leave the airport and asking a question or two?
They seem to have got quite adept at stopping just about anyone else.

So you think one law enforcement agency should set up a resource intensive roadblock outside an airport to double check the work of another law enforcement agency just incase? Sounds like a great idea.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The vast majority of those 15,000 will be the London airports.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Fewer than 100 full planes yes.  I’m guessing (and it’s no more than a guess) that the capacity on individual flights will be well down at the moment.

I wouldn’t go on a plane at the moment for any reason.  I know some folk MUST but 105,000 a week cannot all be essential travel.

You've been playing with your calculator again, haven't you?

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Wid, wid and wid. And probably wid for the rhs & lhs ones, too.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Unless i'm being whooshed, 15,000 x 7 is 105,000?

Didn't notice "a week"! :lol:

Although he still could have been playing with his calculator...

Edited by Jacksgranda