Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Romanian workers are being flown across to harvest fruit and veg in England. 

Post Brexit. 

What conditions are these workers going to be required to live in?

Fucking despise this country sometimes...

They have to enter 14 days isolation prior to being allowed to work, wherever it is it'll be reeking being holed up together.

57 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Because the Brexit-voting farmers are finding out that Good Old Honest Brits don't want to do shite work for shite pay.

I will admit I've been very  very lucky and never had to claim benefits so far in my life, but doesn't your benefit money stop if you don't apply or take work that's on offer.

Sorry I realise I'm asking this question in  the wrong thread.

Edited by Spring Onion
Wanted to add that this is the wrong thread

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I happened to be up a hill “in” town when it was 8pm, it’s a decent sized hill and I could still hear horns and pots and pans being hit. Wonder if it can be heard in space...

^^^ dogging on Arthur's Seat

Friends in North Macedonia are also saying "what a country". The Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Health Minister and Education Minister are having to self isolate after attending a meeting with the Mayor of Kumanovo who has tested positive for Covid-19.

It's also the Orthodox Easter and the PM has apparently said he can't stop people going to church (although Orthodox countries like Greece and Russia seem to have managed it). The faithful go in for all that icon kissing stuff which isn't the best idea at present.. still maybe the disease only affects the godless and Protestants 

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Utter head gone reactions to good news is what Twitter is all about:

Graves won't keep them down in Ohio, the living dead were running wild there today - https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200413/gop-lawmakers-protesters-call-on-dewine-to-begin-re-opening-ohio?fbclid=IwAR2uStY9MsFWhJKEggFN5oA-wNSdW2z2mVSJWHtuTOJnKl_Y6-NtfpM2N_g

6 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

I will admit I've been very  very lucky and never had to claim benefits so far in my life, but doesn't your benefit money stop if you don't apply or take work that's on offer.

Sorry I realise I'm asking this question in  the wrong thread.

Priti Patel will explain, she seemed to have it all in hand a couple of weeks ago.

In the meantime. Temporary work is available in rural areas with near full employment. Even under Universal Credit rules you wouldn't be expected to commute from Glasgow to Auchternaewhere daily, or be forced to move.

The brexit loving farmers have belatedly realised that the berries won't pick them fucking selves.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If the Romanians walked at some point they'd have to book-a-rest at a hotel with en-suite rooms- a Cluj-i in each.

F*** me, Tam, that was a bit contrived! :lol: