Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

if P&B has given me anything, it's the now chronic inability to read the word 'trumpet' in any context whatsoever without laughing...

but then that may have its roots in the original reports of Roy Castle's death from lung cancer brought on by inhaling secondary smoke through his trumpet...

Reminds me of the old joke.

Billy McNeil goes to see how his new signing is doing at training. He sees a guy being carried round the track and goes to investigate. He has a look and says... Fucksake, I told them to sign Rocastle, no' Roy Castle.

Belgium has the highest number of daily coronavirus deaths per head of population of any country in the world - but ministers say this is only because they are being more transparent with their data.

The European nation had reported 4,857 deaths from coronavirus as of Thursday, an increase of 417 in 24 hours, despite having a relatively small population of 11.6million people.

But, unlike many of its European neighbours, it is counting deaths outside of hospital and deaths where the patient had coronavirus symptoms but had not been tested in those figures.

These deaths account for almost half of Belgium's total, meaning that the true scale of coronavirus deaths in other countries could be double the official figures if that trend is replicated elsewhere. 

52 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

It has to be random when you choose the number, but then you will have them identified to you and have to visit their homes to tell them and their families that they're getting the bullet for your pint.

The families would be supportive of lifting the lockdown if they it would stop this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52315917

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Might give that a go, won't be telling anyone though. Not sure how to count the pitch and elevation to match my stairs with a real mountain though.

P.S. https://www.muchbetteradventures.com/magazine/how-many-stairs-do-you-need-to-climb-to-reach-the-top-of-famous-mountains/

51 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The value of a human life surely varies with age. A 99 year old is worth less than a 10 year old (forgetting any other factors such as seriously ill10 year v healthy 99 year old who raises millions for the NHS)

And given that the majority of the deaths are in the 'less valuable' category, then I'd accept a doubling of the average death rate so that I can get my pint and football back. And the economy can get back to some kind of normality. 

Am I psychopathic for thinking like this or a callous logical b*****d

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Duszek said:

“According to two leading vets?”

Maybe something in this. Can’t get a GP appointment? No problem, try the vet.

They know their herds though, probably immunity means mass culling.