Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Probably not.  But that’s down to most folk being sexist hypocrites.

Johnson has much to answer for, but his marital status upon becoming a father is totally irrelevant.

It's not the fact that he's become a father. It's his track record of running like a cheetah from the reponsibility of being one, and the slim chance of this poor little fucker getting any more attention from dear Papa. He's not exactly renowned for sticking with adult relationships through the odd bump in the road, either.

Oh, let's face it. He's just a cúnt.

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

I know I'm an snp voter and wouldn't cross the road to pish on a tory on fire, but I genuinely can't see how anyone could say that sturgeon isn't head and shoulders above the offerings we're given from down south. Honest, factual, explains her thinking, assumes we're smart enough to deal with the concepts, not evasive, just generally a really good leader in a time of crisis. 

I'm not an SNP voter and I said the exact same thing to my flatmate last night. She's just everything you want in a leader. Clear, concise, not afraid to be honest with the public. I'm glad we're announcing our own strategy for handling this shit too, this is a prime opportunity for the Scottish Government to prove to the Scottish people that we can handle ourselves. 

I do think Sturgeon missed a trick with the birth of Boris' new wean though - for weeks she's been getting pelters for announcing things before him, it would've been fucking glorious if she was the one to break the news of the new wean before Boris did.

My granny died of the virus on Sunday morning.

Just heard the arrangements for the funeral are that she will be put straight into a closed casket in the hospital gown she died in. Then driven straight to the crematorium with one car allowed to follow, and that's it. Won't be buried until the government says it's all okay.

Pretty brutal but I understand that it's better for the bigger picture.

Ma missus is doing some work with disabled folk in Glasgow and there's this trial going on at the minute with 20 tablets being sent out to folk who are practically shut ins and have no knowledge of technology or the internet or whatever to try and make access to the internet more accessible. The idea that this will bring about an improvement in their day to day to lives as well as empowering them to get more done. Maybe find work from home or improve their mental health and a whole load of other good stuff. Nicola Sturgeon's been in constant contact with her team throughout the whole thing asking for brief updates on a weekly basis to see how it's going even during what's going on.  Beggars belief the amount of work she must be taking on and still taking the time to keep abreast of stuff like this as well.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Just heard the arrangements for the funeral are that she will be put straight into a closed casket in the hospital gown she died in. Then driven straight to the crematorium with one car allowed to follow, and that's it. Won't be buried until the government says it's all okay.

Brutal right enough Steve. Sorry to hear this.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Not obsessed at all, I've no problem with any sort of modern relationship.

I do have a problem with irresponsible people not taking parenting seriously, with the double standards from the leader of a party which celebrates "family values" and mocks the Deputy Leader of the opposition for her family history, with a man who spends an entire Election campaign telling us his children (specifically how many) are none of our business then can't wait to leave the latest spawn with his mother and leap out from his purdah to distract from the fact that people are dying, and the suspicion that a fair proportion of these deaths are down to actions and inactions which can be laid directly at his door, and with a sycophantic media who are disgustingly grateful to have a puff piece on this child to take up screen-time and column inches rather than, you know, report the news because people dying is a sad story and won't be helpful at a time when we need national unity.

Still, Spitfires, Churchill, clapping,eh?

Well said

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

She's been fairly competent and efficient throughout this , more upfront and quicker to act than her Westminster equivalents. 

Only downside was her handling of the cmo fiasco but no one gets everything right.

I still think that once this over there should be enquiries into how it was handled, best to learn from any mistakes that may have been made.

The handling of the cmo fiasco started when that self-entitled sod Charlie Windsor & Co jumped the queue and got tested for the virus.

'Clear medical reasons' she said - aye right

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So if he had been married whilst having this child it would have been OK?

Surely if he was married to the mother of the bairn then aye.

If he was married tae somebody else then naw.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not an SNP voter and I said the exact same thing to my flatmate last night. She's just everything you want in a leader. Clear, concise, not afraid to be honest with the public. I'm glad we're announcing our own strategy for handling this shit too, this is a prime opportunity for the Scottish Government to prove to the Scottish people that we can handle ourselves. 

I do think Sturgeon missed a trick with the birth of Boris' new wean though - for weeks she's been getting pelters for announcing things before him, it would've been fucking glorious if she was the one to break the news of the new wean before Boris did.

Christ that's something we could have telt our grandkids in the years to come.

It would have been up there with 'where were you when JFK was killed' or the 'Twin Towers' catastrophe.

BTW why are ye no an SNP supporter. I hope yer no a unionist.

Saw sturgeon live at a conference, shes pretty much just like what shes like on tv. Really slick but you don't get the false vibe you get from so many politicians.
Very professional and i certainly wouldn't like to get into an argument with her.

I'm not a huge snp fanboy but did vote for them. I'm not sure about the rest of the snp politicians, she seems a cut above most of them at present.

9 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

That's tough. Condolences.

5 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Well said

The handling of the cmo fiasco started when that self-entitled sod Charlie Windsor & Co jumped the queue and got tested for the virus.

'Clear medical reasons' she said - aye right

Surely if he was married to the mother of the bairn then aye.

If he was married tae somebody else then naw.

Christ that's something we could have telt our grandkids in the years to come.

It would have been up there with 'where were you when JFK was killed' or the 'Twin Towers' catastrophe.

BTW why are ye no an SNP supporter. I hope yer no a unionist.

1/ Just out of the bath

2/ Coming back in to the office from a site visit/meeting

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The way someone eats a bacon roll should be irrelevant but that's not the world we live in. Being a serial absent parent and denying kids is more relevant than most mud that gets slung about in politics.

This is the same guy who has had plenty to say about single parents etc.

29 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It's not the fact that he's become a father. It's his track record of running like a cheetah from the reponsibility of being one, and the slim chance of this poor little fucker getting any more attention from dear Papa. He's not exactly renowned for sticking with adult relationships through the odd bump in the road, either.

Oh, let's face it. He's just a cúnt.

Aye he’s a hypocrite but that doesn’t mean we should be to.  Suggesting someone marital status is relevant to the issue of them fathering a child in 2020 is a nonsense.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Saw sturgeon live at a conference, shes pretty much just like what shes like on tv. Really slick but you don't get the false vibe you get from so many politicians.
Very professional and i certainly wouldn't like to get into an argument with her.

I'm not a huge snp fanboy but did vote for them. I'm not sure about the rest of the snp politicians, she seems a cut above most of them at present.

She's the only one that registers over here. (As was Salmond in his hey day.)

38 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

*I also have really bad memories of Goblin tinned hamburgers from when I was a kid (mind you, canning was in its infancy in those days...)

What the f**k bad memories could you have from them ??? They were awesome on toast 

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Your second paragraph contradicts your first. She's missing an unflinching commitment to banter.

On 07/04/2020 at 13:32, dirty dingus said:

Wee bit of positive news - Looks like the test with favipiravir in China had pretty good results, now Russia is giving it a go.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-favipiravir-coronavirus-treatment-japan-china-1496517?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1586259385

Any update on this?