Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Catching up...

• whose fans used to wear face masks to appear well 'ard and scary? Millwall?
  • isn't 'bacon grill' just Spam without the brand name?
  • I seriously doubt Hope Solo is still taking selfies of her noonerhole.
  • is it too "birthday caird pish" to have a thread for folk to talk about people they've lost during this shitfest?
  • Bairnardo's right about c***s who can cheat on their spouse without guilt.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's another bus driver in Inverness confirmed having the virus this morning.

Edit - They're getting hit hard with it.  Not surprising.

Im surprised tbh. The bus drivers here are fully encased around Perspex and have been for years 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Yeah I just always thought the point of being cremated was so that you weren’t buried and your remains were kept on display in an urn or scattered on one of your favourited places. I remember sprinkling my aunty who died in 2008 and it was much less morbid than lowering a coffin into the ground.

sorry for your loss Steve.

I don’t know. Getting burnt to a crisp and having others peoples ashes mixed in with yours sounds pretty fcking morbid too 

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

had a relative who was profoundly deaf who explained that they perceived signing as "their own language" and gave the impression that there was real effort to communicate on their terms, whereas subtitles are just, well, common or garden writing accessible to anyone and very much an easy option. She also said that subtitles were very simplistic and that an experienced signer could convey far more depth - almost to the point of expressing feeling, adding emphasis and the like - pretty sure this was through facial expressions and body language in addition to the basic signing rather than by making any additional comments of their own...

Not sure if politicians would like their subtext and dog whistles getting laid bare. 

In terms of chairing a briefing still a notch up from the likes of Hancock and Patel though which says it all really.
'Mr Johnson', would you recommend that a patient recovering from tuberculosis would benefit from having his legs amputated ?'
'No, of course not'. 'Well why the f**k are you ploughing on with Brexit you blond wahoo ?'. 'I'll defer that to Chris....'

Saw a girl I used to work with boldly flaunting the “rules” today. Thur is always the day she’d meet up with her Mum, go for lunch, get shopping etc. I saw them in various shops together today and walking back home. I honestly think people are past caring now about the lockdown measures 

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Im surprised tbh. The bus drivers here are fully encased around Perspex and have been for years 

Beside bus drivers (and NHS staff), are we tracking cases and deaths by any other profession?

I can't imagine bus drivers in particular are at any higher level of risk whilst at work than anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Saw a girl I used to work with boldly flaunting the “rules” today. Thur is always the day she’d meet up with her Mum, go for lunch, get shopping etc. I saw them in various shops together today and walking back home. I honestly think people are past caring now about the lockdown measures 

@MixuFixit incoming

The weird professor is at it again. You'd think he was a cult leader with some of the replies too. Folk thinking we'll be back to normality by July. This whole message that we might be close to the end here is going to inevitably lead to folk thinking they can just chuck social distancing and go back to normal and we'll be back to square one.  

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Beside bus drivers (and NHS staff), are we tracking cases and deaths by any other profession?

I can't imagine bus drivers in particular are at any higher level of risk whilst at work than anyone else.

Good point! I’m sure London Underground workers were another one being highlighted 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I reckon bus drivers and supermarket workers will be high risk given the number of different people they have to come in contact with every day.

Channel 4 News just ran a piece about Sweden, which featured footage of someone getting the face of their chief epidemiologist tattooed on their body.

Feeling less embarrassed about my Jason Leitch sleeve now.