Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Oor neighbours are oot with a fucking air horn 😅

This is rapidly becoming poppy day / armed forces day levels of ridiculousness.

I’ve just said the same thing.

It’s almost identical: started off as a reasonably noble cause, and you’ll still find people who are genuine about it, but it’s mostly descended into a celebration that completely forgets what’s its meant to be about. 

The wife and daughter were out on the step clapping along with all the other numpties, a lot of pot banging and whooping going on. They basically said they feel they need to do it for fear of looking bad. Wtf?, although I would imagine a lot of people also do it for just that reason. 

Closed the door on them and retreated to the living room, toe curling levels of cringe. Stupid shit needs binned pronto. 

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’ve just said the same thing.

It’s almost identical: started off as a reasonably noble cause, and you’ll still find people who are genuine about it, but it’s mostly descended into a celebration that completely forgets what’s its meant to be about. 

Those out here did a bit of whooping then shouted "Well done" at each other. Wtf

2 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

The Twin Towers I came off nightshift and switched on the TV about 6.30am and I'm sure I saw the second plane crash

Your memory is playing tricks. 

The BBC started their coverage after the early airing of Neighbours finished. I was a layabout teenager and used to aim to get up for half 1 to see what was going on in Ramsay St.

The second plane hitting live is the greatest TV moment of my lifetime. The only thing that probably beats it is Ruby killing Oswald.