Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

No chance. When do you think the crossover will come? I reckon maybe near Christmas. That'll be a nice present for me emoji106.png

You aren't abrasive enough to hit the box office levels. Need to start some feuds in time for Summerslam season.

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Engelbert is pissed with the lockdown and some poor c***s are missing transmit. The only solution is for tens of millions to die 😐

There must have been a baby boom and influx of immigrants into Scotland before lockdown began, if the population is now “tens of millions”

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

There must have been a baby boom and influx of immigrants into Scotland before lockdown began, if the population is now “tens of millions”

Humperdink's mass death cult plan was global. That's how herd immunity worked in the past

Just now, engelbert_humperdink said:

Exaggerate much wullie

How many people died of polio Engelbert. Plague? How quickly was herd immunity reached for these diseases? That's your game plan mate, own the casualties. 

3 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

You know I can't. 

If you haven't a clue how successful herd immunity is or what it takes to achieve it, what are your reasons for suggesting it?

It just sounds like you've heard someone say herd immunity on the TV and you've decided you support it because it means the least restrictive measures but you have absolutely no idea how many deaths that would cause or the number of people that would need to be infected and survive. 

Healthy people can die of this virus too btw. I don't know why you think fit people are immune.

11 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Herd immunity has been successful throughout history, no doubt safer than taking a vaccine in 18 months time. The deaths have been tragic but we can't wrap healthy people up in cotton wool. Not to sound horrid bust the vast majority of deaths were people with underlying health issues that another possible infection could lead to death. The numbers are inflated because the government purposely sent bed blocking elderly patients back into care homes with no testing and little to no PPE for staff, basically the modern day equivalent of Stalin's work camps. Younger care workers dying would probably be accounted to the Virus load. There was no need imo for these levels of hysteria.  

The government knew fine well before the virus arrived here the vulnerable groups but instead of protecting them, they were thrown to the lions resulting in needless deaths. Because of this for the last 8 weeks the freedoms and the security of healthy people has been taken away from them. Vulnerable people should have been isolated and the rest allowed to go on as normal to build herd immunity.

We were not set up for herd immunity, this whole episode has just highlighted the ineptitude of those at the top of the tree in UK. 

Is immunity actually been declared a thing yet? No point going for herd immunity if it only lasts a short time. The best thing is to do what SE Asia is doing which is track and trace the f**k out of it and if any hotspots control it at source not nationwide, the problem is our governments have been sleeping on the job and it might be to late to get on top of it.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873

Two women with stage 4 breast cancer on the STV news right now. These poor women aren’t able to get treatment or take part in trials. It’s  terrible that cancer patients are being sacrificed. As one of the women said, covid is taking precedent over every other disease. 

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

How many people died of polio Engelbert. Plague? How quickly was herd immunity reached for these diseases? That's your game plan mate, own the casualties. 

How far ahead are we medically now, how much more informative are we in nutrition now. You can't compare diseases of yesteryear to now. Antibody testing is needed because we may never find a safe proof vaccine and if this virus isn't going away, what else is there but her immunity. 

I was out earlier today to the local shop. I was shocked to see a neighbour there. This woman is 85 if she’s a day and with health problems. If someone like that is flouting the rules then sin it any wonder the younger generation are? The oldies seem to be sticking to lockdown less than my generation 

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Is immunity actually been declared a thing yet? No point going for herd immunity if it only lasts a short time. The best thing is to do what SE Asia is doing which is track and trace the f**k out of it and if any hotspots control it at source not nationwide, the problem is our governments have been sleeping on the job and it might be to late to get on top of it.  https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873

To be fair, that could just be that their initial shitty test was wrong about the negative result.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was out earlier today to the local shop. I was shocked to see a neighbour there. This woman is 85 if she’s a day and with health problems. If someone like that is flouting the rules then sin it any wonder the younger generation are? The oldies seem to be sticking to lockdown less than my generation 

Did you offer to do her shopping for her?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If you haven't a clue how successful herd immunity is or what it takes to achieve it, what are your reasons for suggesting it?

It just sounds like you've heard someone say herd immunity on the TV and you've decided you support it because it means the least restrictive measures but you have absolutely no idea how many deaths that would cause or the number of people that would need to be infected and survive. 

Healthy people can die of this virus too btw. I don't know why you think fit people are immune.

I'm suggesting it because it seems the only solution unless you want to be social distancing for the next decade. Healthy people die every day, for whatever reason. And what is the chance of a healthy person catching and dying of the virus? I'd assume it was that small that any sane healthy person would take there chances as they are probably more likely to die of some other cause

1 minute ago, renton said:

To be fair, that could just be that their initial shitty test was wrong about the negative result.

Yes that's why I'm questioning it, I should have said as the original re infection stories from japan and china were believed to be false positives in original tests. Also they still don't know if there is different levels of antibodies built up.