Coronavirus (COVID-19)

He's obviously an alias or a previously banned poster, so I wouldn't let it concern you, he's unlikely to reply. If you do get back in touch with your old friend, it would be interesting to know how he's doing, heard a very scary story on the World Service about the potential long term effects of Covid, not even severe cases. Might be a minority but there are people who are still struggling 6 months after getting infected, and there's no way of telling how much longer it could last. I'm going to carry on being very careful, basic precautions that is, it would be a bit daft to stay totally self isolating in the Highlands even if we are getting invaded by plague carrying weegies.
Aye I'm returning to normal but being more careful at the same time (if that makes sense).

Washing my hands more, using more sanitizer, and trying to generally steer clear of folk like we're meant to.

It won't stop me going to places we're allowed, as I'm very comfortable with the level of risk. But it's not a virus that's to be messed with.

Call me cynical, but I'm interpreting yet more vague advice from the UK Government on the wearing of masks in shops and restrictive public spaces in England as nothing to do with sound policy-making and everything to do with Johnson, Gove et al bitterly refusing to adopt the line taken by the Scottish Government. Why else would prescribing 'common sense' be preferable to following the science ?

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The tadger comes on and does a load of red dotting then dissapears, probably a former poster who's spat the dummy over getting humiliated.

Yeah he routinely red dots me without commenting like a proper big man. Couldn't gaf, but that seemed a particularly bland post that only a sociopath could find fault with imo

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

He's obviously an alias or a previously banned poster, so I wouldn't let it concern you, he's unlikely to reply. If you do get back in touch with your old friend, it would be interesting to know how he's doing, heard a very scary story on the World Service about the potential long term effects of Covid, not even severe cases. Might be a minority but there are people who are still struggling 6 months after getting infected, and there's no way of telling how much longer it could last. I'm going to carry on being very careful, basic precautions that is, it would be a bit daft to stay totally self isolating in the Highlands even if we are getting invaded by plague carrying weegies.

I sent him a message on fb. Hopefully he'll reply when he's home and settled 👍 

Edit: my school mate that is, not the crayon wielding pcplum 

Edited by madwullie

49 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Surely common sense would be to wear a mask.

To extend that logic then why bother with lockdowns, travel bans, etc., ? The trouble with common sense is that it allows the idiots to gamble with other people's health.

Cause they have no common sense.

43 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah he routinely red dots me without commenting like a proper big man. Couldn't gaf, but that seemed a particularly bland post that only a sociopath could find fault with imo

It’s a red dot ffs stop greeting about a red dot.

I pressed the red dot button by mistake,get over it ffs.

Edited by Pcplum

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Call me cynical, but I'm interpreting yet more vague advice from the UK Government on the wearing of masks in shops and restrictive public spaces in England as nothing to do with sound policy-making and everything to do with Johnson, Gove et al bitterly refusing to adopt the line taken by the Scottish Government. Why else would prescribing 'common sense' be preferable to following the science ?

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with being different from the Scottish Government . 

6 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
56 minutes ago, mizfit said:
15,000 cases in Florida today alone.

America has well and truly fucked it

Channel 4 news were in Florida where a bunch of clowns were in a cafe shouting about how it was their right not to wear a mask, let's just say the main shouty wummin was extremely overweight and looked as though the covid would take her out in double quick time.

1.04 onward 

https://www.channel4.com/news/donald-trump-wears-a-face-mask-for-the-first-time-in-public-as-florida-confirms-15000-new-cases-of-coronavirus

Edited by dirty dingus

51 minutes ago, Pcplum said:

It’s a red dot ffs stop greeting about a red dot.

I pressed the red dot button by mistake,get over it ffs.

Mate you red dot me constantly with no comment. At least most people have the courage to talk about what they disagree with.

Fine, I don't actually care about them but it does become noticeable after a few relentless weeks. Still, whatever, bash on pal, it seems to give you a purpose or a thrill or whatever so I'm happy to help 👍 

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Mate you red dot me constantly with no comment. At least most people have the courage to talk about what they disagree with.

Fine, I don't actually care about them but it does become noticeable after a few relentless weeks. Still, whatever, bash on pal, it seems to give you a purpose or a thrill or whatever so I'm happy to help 👍 

Get a grip of yourself and stop acting like a 5 year old child.